Auth code not working transferring out of Godaddy

I have a client who is transferring 2 domains out of Godaddy to my NEO reseller account. 1 of the domain names transferred successfully. The second domain name has been refused by Godady 2x because "auth code is invalid". The client even forwarded the e-mail that Godaddy sent her with the auth code and I copied and pasted into into WHMCS. One weird thing I noticed was that the Auth Code had a lot of symbols in it (like '/? etc), and I wonder if maybe that is causing issues. The first domain name didn't have more than 1 or 2 symbols in it.

I already checked the basics: domain unlocked, no whois privacy, admin contact e-mail works, etc. I contacted NEO support but because of the time difference I guess, support is slow to respond. I have not tried contacting Godaddy yet.

Is there a way to generate a new auth code in Godaddy's interface?

What did GD's support say when you (or the owner) contacted them about the issue?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Here's the wrinkle:

The domain name was purchased by a previous IT consultant (who services were used by my client but not any longer). The IT consultant used their own e-mail address as the admin contact e-mail. However the admin name and mailing address are my client's. The domain is in a GD account that only the IT consultant has access to. It's a touchy situation needless to say. I was hoping to not have to involve the previous IT consultant as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jzukerman View Post
    I have a client who is transferring 2 domains out of Godaddy to my NEO reseller account. 1 of the domain names transferred successfully. The second domain name has been refused by Godady 2x because "auth code is invalid". The client even forwarded the e-mail that Godaddy sent her with the auth code and I copied and pasted into into WHMCS. One weird thing I noticed was that the Auth Code had a lot of symbols in it (like '/? etc), and I wonder if maybe that is causing issues. The first domain name didn't have more than 1 or 2 symbols in it.

I already checked the basics: domain unlocked, no whois privacy, admin contact e-mail works, etc. I contacted NEO support but because of the time difference I guess, support is slow to respond. I have not tried contacting Godaddy yet.

Is there a way to generate a new auth code in Godaddy's interface?
    Was the domain registered less than 60 days ago? If so, that would cause it to fail.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

Quote Originally Posted by HostMantis View Post
    Was the domain registered less than 60 days ago? If so, that would cause it to fail.
    Expires On February 09, 2016
    Registered On February 09, 2011

Godaddy send authorization codes directly to the administrative contact's (admin) email address. If the previous IT consultant used their own e-mail address as the admin contact e-mail, how do you received the first authorization codes?

Quote Originally Posted by jzukerman View Post
    Here's the wrinkle:

The domain name was purchased by a previous IT consultant (who services were used by my client but not any longer). The IT consultant used their own e-mail address as the admin contact e-mail. However the admin name and mailing address are my client's. The domain is in a GD account that only the IT consultant has access to. It's a touchy situation needless to say. I was hoping to not have to involve the previous IT consultant as much as possible.

NEO support got back to me saying that my WHMCS install isn't passing the auth code correctly to NEO. My guess is that WHMCS didn't correctly escape the symbols properly that were in the auth code. So I have to manually transfer the domain from my NEO reseller panel.

Manually processed transfer via NEO panel (logged in as customer and transferred). Got it transferred successfully. Very weird issue.

I already had this problem with NEO know their modules in whmcs has difficulty with symbols