Thread: Video hosting?

Video hosting?

Hello,

I am looking for a hosting provider to host my videos. Also I need huge bandwidth. Do you think site5 can meet my request?

I am current using CirtexHosting, but they suspended my account serveral time when many people download files at the same time.

You're gonna get suspended again at site5 or other hosting providers that offer too-good-to-be-true plans.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Shared hosting is not for you. I would go for a VPS or dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by FTN BLZZRD View Post
    Shared hosting is not for you. I would go for a VPS or dedicated.
    Ya, coz you need a high bandwidth
    How to Start / Create Your Own Website: The Begineer's A-Z Guide
    See here: http://www.kidbuxblog.com/learn_webdesign

I am current using CirtexHosting, but they suspended my account serveral time when many people download files at the same time.
    It will depend I guess:

General misc. restrictions:
    - Simultaneous Apache connections in excess of 50.
    https://help.site5.com/index.php?_m=...kbarticleid=83

Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp View Post
    Hello,
    that will be the case with most of the providers if your site has 60-70 apache connections on.
    you should now be looking for an VPS
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

I need high bandwidth (about 1TB) and I think I have to find a Dedicate server.

I need high bandwidth (about 1TB) and I think I have to find a Dedicate server.
    Are you prepared to manage a dedicated server yourself? Also there are hosts with shared servers available that can handle higher concurrent connections and high-bandwidth usage. Don't be afraid to let prospective hosts know what you will expect from them and your current and expected resource utilization levels, it should be better to pay a little more and stay up rather than being shut down on a cheap plan.

Your best option would be a VPS or dedicated server

Direct go for a dedicated...

Quote Originally Posted by CaroMark View Post
    Are you prepared to manage a dedicated server yourself? Also there are hosts with shared servers available that can handle higher concurrent connections and high-bandwidth usage. Don't be afraid to let prospective hosts know what you will expect from them and your current and expected resource utilization levels, it should be better to pay a little more and stay up rather than being shut down on a cheap plan.
    Hi Mark,

Can you recommend me some hosting provider which you think they can meet my request.

With 1 TB of bandwidth, you will definitely need to get a dedicated server.

If you are using less bandwidth, you can look for a VPS or semi-dedicated solution.

As per your requirements you need to go for a dedicated server and there are many dedicated server provider offering free management with the server, a quick search in google would definitely help you.
    WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in UK by WHUK - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with 24x7x365 Support.

Hi Mark,
    Can you recommend me some hosting provider which you think they can meet my request.
    You have mail.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroMark View Post
    You have mail.
    Why not make the recommendation publically? Others may benefit from it as well, now or in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Why not make the recommendation publically? Others may benefit from it as well, now or in the future.
    Agree with you.