Some newbie questions from a newbie.

ok, so I decided to start a free hosting business. I am a fast learner and these forums are so great I havnt had to post any questions because of my great research skills. Anyway, I dont expect any one person to answer all my questions because that wouldnt be fair at all. So anyone who wants to help me out even with small tips is greatly appreciated. And yes I am aware of the tutorials on these forums and elsewhere.

Using Cpanel
    dual 3.0 xeon processors
    512 mb memory

In a week I have managed to get 1400 Signups. Yes, I know that alone can put a lot of strain on my server, but I have seen my server run steadily stable and very fast with this amount. However there are times when the server is very bogged down. I do allow php and 1 mysql database per account, and I am aware that php scripts can bog down the server. Anyway here goes the questions:

When I check in WHM the show current cpu useage link, I always find that this one process bogs down the cpu:

Pid Owner Priority Cpu %Mem %Command
    root 0 58.7 0.9 /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mkvhostspasswd
    Does anyone know what the heck this is? a google search comes up with nothing constructive.

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot the servers cpu overloading? I currently use WHM's tools and I also use the top command in SSH.

I currently have half a gig of ram, will increasing this help the load on my CPU?

It takes too long to terminate an account, using the terminate multiple accounts feature takes too long and times out rendering it useless.

Thats all for now, I really hate to ask so many questions at once, but these problems are making me unable to sleep. Thanks in advance, this is a great community and I hope I can stick around to learn some stuff so I can help as well.
    Last edited by Hostiz.com; 01-18-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Check the cPanel forums. mkvhostpasswd is a known resource hog, and if you're running that many accounts you'll definately want more than 1gb of memory.
    || Higher Intellect || Half a million documents and climbing.
    || OMGWTFBBQ || Nothing of value here.

yeah, im going to upgrde to 2 gigs. I checked cpanel forums for mkvhostpasswd but nothing constructive. Thanks netfreak.