Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by graham1001
    Just FYI.... PayPal can NOT touch ANY money in your bank account!!! And they will not even TRY to do it because they know 100% that it is ILLEGAL for them to do so!

Just call them and talk to them. They will be honest with you.

I had a $4,250 charge back once and I called them. I wanted to know what was going to happen. They said basically nothing. If I did not send them the money, they would turn me over to a collection agency AND NOTHING MORE! Lucky for me, it turned out to be an issue on the customers end and only an error that I sweated for about 15 days

You have NOTHING to worry about! NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!
    Please keep in mind this is also a minor (14 year old), So he has no credit or anything to collect .
      0 Not allowed!

So what does that mean for me?
      0 Not allowed!

Basically if I was in your shoes, I would cancel my bank account and purchase something with the reminding amount of money in paypal and give the money back to the people who donated to me, and then call paypal asking them to cancel your account. Paypal CAN NOT take any legal action against you since its mainly their problem for not screening their 'customers', in addition you are also a minor. So they might give u a little hassle about it, but nothing major will happen.

Worst case that i could see, they call your house and cancel your paypal account.
      0 Not allowed!

My paypal says negative 620 dollars, I can not do anything, i can not buy anything, and i can not change any information, and i can not close my account while its in negative
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AustinS
    So what does that mean for me?
    It means (basically) that you have NOTHING to worry about.

How long have you had the PayPal account? Is it in your name?
      0 Not allowed!

Negative funds?? Don't you need to add a CC?? If so, your CC will be charged with that amount.
      0 Not allowed!

its a bank card or bank account, i have had it around 3 months, its in my name.
      0 Not allowed!

its a bank card or bank account, i have had it around 3 months, its in my name.
    Any time your PAYPAL account does not have the funds to cover a charge back you will have a negative balance. Thus, turning you over to a collection agency.

However......
    Unfortunately, you have violated PayPal's User Agreement

1. Eligibility. In order to use the Service, you must register for a Personal, Premier, or Business account. Users may only hold one Personal account and either one Premier or one Business account. Our Services are only available to individuals or businesses that can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our Service is not available to minors (under 18), persons who are suspended from our Service, or to persons who present an unacceptable level of credit risk. In order to receive credit card funded payments or use the Service to conduct business or in conjunction with a business, you must upgrade to or register for a Premier or Business account.
    This in its self raises more than one question
      0 Not allowed!

It never asked me my age when i signed up? What does this mean?
      0 Not allowed!

It never asked me my age when i signed up? What does this mean?
    No, they probably didn't. However, the User Agreement is presented to you on page 2 of the sign up process.

Then, they ask you if you agree to the user agreement. At this point, you MUST select YES or NO. If you select NO, you do not move to page 3.
      0 Not allowed!

So what does this mean???
      0 Not allowed!

Basicly I would ask for a new account at my bank, and just forget about this matter since theres nothing else to do.
      0 Not allowed!

Im really scared and confused, someone please help me, please
      0 Not allowed!

Im really scared and confused, someone please help me, please
    We already have
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know what to do? If i shut down my bank account, its going to still come back and haunt me
      0 Not allowed!

have you tried putting the server on ebay?

I know you are in a bad situation, but try to settle this matter properly with Paypal. You don't want yourself to be blacklisted somehow and find yourself blocked from using the world's largest "e-money" tool later when you grow up right?

Would love to donate some money to you. But I don't run any business and there is no money in my Paypal. Sorry mate.
      0 Not allowed!

Please post your price for the server.

Please take into consideration that you have received donations, it is configured to your specs and that you are in a bind.

If I am not mistaken, you can buy this same server for about $640 on their web site.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok..

This server is a:

Intel Celeron 2.4GHz 400FSB 128K Cache
    Giga-Byte 8I845GVM-RZ (video, lan, usb, ddr)
    2 x 512MB PC-2700 DDR 333
    Western Digital 160GB 2MB IDE HDD 7200RPM
    1U (200W, 1 slim cd, 2 hdd bays, 2 case fans)
    1U Heat Sink & Blower Fan For P4

bought from rackmountsect.com , it has never been used, execpt by Brian Wing himself, to make sure it worked. It has been kept in the box since it has arrived

Also included:
    Rz motherboard manual
    and the driver utilites cd
    Operating system is a linux red hat 9.0

This server also has a 3 year parts and labor warranty on it

I have two donations so far.
    A-H Tina= $20
    Mehku= $ 10
      0 Not allowed!

OK, but you forgot the PRICE
      0 Not allowed!

Tina said that a good starting price is 600 dollars. So i guess that much.
      0 Not allowed!

Very very to hear about this Austin. I'm a designer myself and I'm very lucky and happy that something like this hasn't happened to me yet. Its very nice of you to act like a responsible adult to try to make things right. I sent $20 over to your paypal, although I know its not alot but I hope it helps

Good luck!
    Edward
      0 Not allowed!

I have someone else who is having me Paypal you $25 on their behalf tomorrow.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks so much yea722 and AH-Tina
      0 Not allowed!

I feel bad for you, Austin. It must be scary for you right now. I'm sure you just want to get yourself out of this mess and move on. And on the basis that Tina vouches for you, that is good enough for me to assess that you are legit. However, I have a few concerns.

The first one is one that came to mind as soon as I read your initial post, and it was reinforced as the thread went on. You are 14. And as you know by now, Paypal accounts are subject to a minimum age requirement. So essentially, you do not have a valid (legal) PP account. Correct?

Secondly, I logged into my PP account to send you some funds, but when I entered your PP address, it showed as

User Status:
    Verified Business Member (0)

If you had already received funds from Tina or others, why would it show a zero?

I don't mind helping you, Austin, but I just want to see things in order (and making sense) before I send you some funds to help you out.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vito
    User Status:
    Verified Business Member (0)

Vito
    That had me a little miffed as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast