Apache serves blank pages, error, help!

This error shows up over and over in error_log.

When it starts showing up and you try to view the website you just get a blank page:

[Sat Nov 25 17:43:39 2006] [notice] child pid 28181 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

What could be some causes of this?

Do you have mod_security installed?

Quote Originally Posted by 2kau
    [Sat Nov 25 17:43:39 2006] [notice] child pid 28181 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
    I take reboots as a last resort option, but if you have not done already, reboot the box. Last time I experienced this (i.e. Apache children crashing) it has something to do with the scoreboard file misbehaving or shared memory mess or whatnot. I don't remember exactly. Running a completely isolated version of Apache worked (same binary, same config, different runtime directories and log files) but the previously working copy would not. A reboot fixed it.

If that doesn't work, check if you have any accelerators installed (eaccelerator, Zend, ...) perhaps they are misbehaving. Do you know what URL it crashes on? It is a static file?

Good luck.
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

Not static it's a Vbulletin page.

I do have PHP Excellarator running.

I would like to suggest checking apache logs ( error_log, access_log and domlogs ) size. If one of them is 2 GB, that is the reason of the issue.