Inexpensive, yet reliable Windows host

I am looking for an inexpensive, yet reliable Windows host. I am learning ASP.NET, and really liking it, however, I need a host that will support it.
    I have looked at the major hosts (HostMonster, DreamHost, and 1&1) with no luck. The closest I came was with 1&1, but in order to be able to use ASP.NET, you have to have the $7.95/mo account, which is WAY more than what I really need.

I have a free Brinkster account for testing, but it is a very limited account.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

What is your monthly budget? You might also try the Offers section here at WHT.

Best wishes.
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

Hopefully I can find what I want for around $4-5/mo. If not, then I will go with the 1&1 offer.

You could always host your own server, it is not that difficult to do but requires a fast internet connection

Electricity will cost more than $5/month
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

.NET is fully supported by any Windows host. Do you have any preferred control panel? Do you require MSSQL?

Starlogic and EasyCGI solid windows hosts
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

You can try Godaddy,they offer cheap windows plan.you can use the coupon code cjchost20 and save 20%.

How about speed? I am using Hostdepartment for Windows hosting and the download speeds are absolutely horrible. Even some of my simple pages with a single data object and gridview from the built in .NET controls will take a minute to download the first time. How do these suggested Hosts perform on the speed/bandwidth side of things?

If you're looking for speed, you can't go with a host that offers so many resources for such a low payment. It really comes down to you get what you pay for!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Question Where should I turn for peace?

Specifically? Who and what kind of speed/service? Costs? If $12 dollars a month only gives me a nice slow connection what do I need to pay for a good decent service? Who provides that?

The best way to go about this is to make a list of hosts that you'd like to take a look at and do some research on WHT, read reviews, find the positives and negatives. It's really easy to eliminate hosts which don't meet you needs, and fortunately there are TONS of hosts to choose from!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

hi,
    You could test the providers with some tracert to see the speed and quality of the services.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HostingASPNet View Post
    hi,
    You could test the providers with some tracert to see the speed and quality of the services.

Regards
    I found the web site for tracert (tracert dot com) but how would you use it against a Host Provider with whom you do not have a web site?

Thanks, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by HostingASPNet View Post
    ... tracert ...
    Doesn't tracert just basically ping the server? It doesn't really test how fast the server compiles the asp code.