Clarification regarding domain name transfer

I need some clarification on my rights in regard to domain name transfer, I purchased a web hosting package which included purchase of the domain name through webhostingpad . com, however, after less than a month the shoddy service forces me to look for another host (I will get my money back because I am within the 30 day money back guarantee, less the cost of the domain name ($15)).

Through a dns search Webhostingpad . com is the registrar and administrative contact, though, through the mailing address of the registrar I believe the true repository of my domain name is omnis . com, I am willing to live with the fact that the domain name will remain locked for 60 days but my distrust of webhostingpad leaves me concerned about my domain name and securing my rights.

I note that the new registrar requests transfer but the losing registrar can deny, under what grounds can the transfer be denied?

OMNIS is the actual registrar, www.omnis.com

within the initial 60 days it is locked by the registry.

After that time there is no reason that the old registrar should block the domain, just do a WHOIS check and you will then see if there are any LOCKS.

Just make sure the domain is in your name
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, https://reseller.netearthone.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

Quote Originally Posted by tizak View Post

Through a dns search Webhostingpad . com is the registrar and administrative contact,
    ?
    did you mean that they are listed as registrant? this is bad then. what is their policy for domain name if you leave them?

i suppose you will have to cover the cost registration ($15 you say?) and can take your domain. since transfer to another registrar is impossible until domain is 60 days old, create an account with the same registrar as your host and let them push domain to your account. make sure to change whois info to yours after.

Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    After that time there is no reason that the old registrar should block the domain, just do a WHOIS check and you will then see if there are any LOCKS.
    Hi Chris, how about the 60 day restriction by GoDaddy when you change the registrant info? That's really frustrating, is it legal?

Quote Originally Posted by ||| HostStudio ||| View Post
    Hi Chris, how about the 60 day restriction by GoDaddy when you change the registrant info? That's really frustrating, is it legal?
    That is totally unlawfull and imposed to catch out regstrants who within 60 days of expiry change or update their details. However if you signup to their T&C's you may well find it in there somewhere which means you have accepted it.

GoDaddy state it is there to protect the registrant, but this is against the ICANN RAA.
    NetEarth One

60 Days rule is an ICANN rule and not specific to any Registrar.
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

Quote Originally Posted by mbulent View Post
    60 Days rule is an ICANN rule and not specific to any Registrar.
    This is only on registrations and transfers, and as I mentioned in my first post, the domain is locked by the registry.

The ICANN rule does NOT apply in the question posed by @||| HostStudio |||, this was a specific question regarding Godaddy's policy for any registrant changes made, means the domain is held "hostage" for 60 days.
    NetEarth One