jerseyfresh2 Guest
    Does anyone know of any web hosting companies that are truely based in NJ that are good, reputable and also reasonable? I like to give my business locally.

KRZILLC Guest
    You may wish to consider looking at local business listings. It is hard to pinpoint local businesses for New Jersey as New Jersey is a rather large state.

Do you prefer the company also have their chosen data center in New Jersey, or just their business operations?

are you doing it for the IP address? or for some other reason like latency and such? NJ Has good datacenters but I don't know any web hosting companies from NJ from the top of my head, I pay more attention to the nation they are in. But if you are doing it so your customers don't get lag then you can get a host anywhere in the US or Canada and even Western Europe would do, but if you are doing it for a NJ IP on your website then that's different.

Do you prefer the company also have their chosen data center in New Jersey, or just their business operations?
    are you doing it for the IP address? or for some other reason like latency and such? NJ Has good datacenters but I don't know any web hosting companies from NJ from the top of my head, I pay more attention to the nation they are in. But if you are doing it so your customers don't get lag then you can get a host anywhere in the US or Canada and even Western Europe would do, but if you are doing it for a NJ IP on your website then that's different.
    He said he wants to support local businesses, therefore I presume he would prefer the business to be located in NJ, not just the servers.

Are you looking for shared or dedicated or VPS hosting. Solarvps.com is based in NJ (Rutherford) and they do VPS and some shared hosting. Their servers are also located in NJ.

He said he wants to support local businesses, therefore I presume he would prefer the business to be located in NJ, not just the servers.
    My question is whether the local business needs to have its data center also in NJ. Suppose I could have phrased that better .

How about interserver.net?

I hope this helps you out.
    Results 1-10 of about 70,791 for web hosting near New Jersey
    Google is always your friend. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=web+hosting+new+jersey&ie=UTF8&z=8
    All the best,