Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LEB is actually up and running for a while now, just wait for him to propagate the domain.

I'm being sarcastic/serious when I say this but so it can be DDoS'd off the face of the planet again?

We never downed his instance. It's still there but will need some changes to prevent this in the future.

I thought I was the only one who can't access the site. I hope the issue gets fixed soon. I feel bad for both QuickWeb and LowEndBox though

Quote Originally Posted by rgenzon View Post
    I thought I was the only one who can't access the site. I hope the issue gets fixed soon. I feel bad for both QuickWeb and LowEndBox though

And ensCloud

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    LEB is actually up and running for a while now, just wait for him to propagate the domain.
    LEB is loading for me now Good work!

Looks up from here to.

It's up for me too, also, LEB is now on cloudflare. I hope they also changed the container's IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by vladc View Post
    It's up for me too, also, LEB is now on cloudflare. I hope they also changed the container's IP address.
    Quickweb provided them a new IP that is not null routed by SoftLayer

How does cloudflare work on these kind of situation btw? (Haven't figured out how to use it yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyah View Post
    How does cloudflare work on these kind of situation btw? (Haven't figured out how to use it yet.)
    I guess because they have so many servers and their bandwidth is large enough, it is just impossible to occupy all their bandwidth unless there is really a huge attack...
    Could someone verify please?

Cloudflare blocks known malicious users from accessing your site using databases of such known users. It also hides your original IP. Nobody can get to your site without going through cloudflare first.

Glad to see he took the advice on cloudflare for LEB.
    Looks like LET is still down though.

Maybe this happened because few providers that where offered in LEB recently where closed down, and some had hundreds and hundreds of clients. Including Hostrail of which many clients lost all their data (their own fault anyway) because of it, and they where waiting on facebook to get their data back (and perhaps some are still waiting). Few others died as well at the same period! So, some angry clients from anywhere, they might be behind attack.

To make it clear, if, say, 'buyvm' is gone (which is too unlikely -they are a great provider- but only assume), then expect LEB to have a lot of attacks IMO, since Buyvm host really lots of VPS clients, furthermore, as buyvm owner stated they host a lot of clients from China. Also, many clients buy 5 or 10 VPSes! So good luck with holding some angry customer attacks.

It is back up

Quote Originally Posted by Violetli View Post
    Maybe this happened because few providers that where offered in LEB recently where closed down, and some had hundreds and hundreds of clients. Including Hostrail of which many clients lost all their data (their own fault anyway) because of it, and they where waiting on facebook to get their data back (and perhaps some are still waiting). Few others died as well at the same period! So, some angry clients from anywhere, they might be behind attack.

To make it clear, if, say, 'buyvm' is gone (which is too unlikely -they are a great provider- but only assume), then expect LEB to have a lot of attacks IMO, since Buyvm host really lots of VPS clients, furthermore, as buyvm owner stated they host a lot of clients from China. Also, many clients buy 5 or 10 VPSes! So good luck with holding some angry customer attacks.
    I don't think they got hit by some angry client that got jacked over (insert provider). I'm betting there are many companies that LEA holds back from listing because he finds major issues with them or was dropped some information about them before hand, making him reconsider a listing.

Alas, LEA has been posting more and more 'gameserver companies', where they started doing runescape/minecraft first and VPS' came as a 'filler' later. I know for a fact the runescape community is still jam packed with ddos kids and minecraft is going that way too.

Francisco

Seems down again.

Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ville: View Post
    Seems down again.

Fantastic.
    It's loading fine for me..

IT was definately down for a short time

I'm glad LEB and LET are back

I'm impressed at how good LEA is at hiding his real IP, it only took me 5 min to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmcintyre3 View Post
    I'm impressed at how good LEA is at hiding his real IP, it only took me 5 min to find it.
    http://www.intodns.com/lowendbox.com

I hope it stays up now, it's a great resource

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123