things to do before....

Hello there,

Iam already in chicago, not at hyatt, cause it quite expensive to stay 10 days.. so, Iam on a daysinn hotel and will go to hyatt on 5th.... Iam looking for interesting things to do here.. I have already gone to the woodfield mall and other malls.... anyone here knows other interesting things to do here?

regards,
    Geraldo Ramos

Re: things to do before....

Originally posted by m1k3
    Hello there,

Iam already in chicago, not at hyatt, cause it quite expensive to stay 10 days.. so, Iam on a daysinn hotel and will go to hyatt on 5th.... Iam looking for interesting things to do here.. I have already gone to the woodfield mall and other malls.... anyone here knows other interesting things to do here?

regards,
    Geraldo Ramos
    Shed Aquarium, Museums, downtown in general, Sears Tower.. id say ask for directions and info at the front desk for such. a couple of other threads in the section touch on the fun things to do also.. Mouse
    Frank Spaulding COO Purity Networks

Which Days Inn are you at? I could probably let you know of some things to do around the one you are staying at. Some interesting shopping areas that aren't malls to check out in the city:
    Michigan Avenue (Chicago or Grand Red Line Stop and walk towards the lake)
    Belmont & Clark Area (Belmont Red Line Stop)
    Damen & Milwaukee (Damen Blue Line Stop)

There are also a lot of good restaurants all over the place, though the best variety of them in one location is probably Lincoln Ave between North Ave. and Belmont.

If you want any more suggestions or have questions about what to do in the city, feel free to PM me or post here.

Originally posted by kevinreedy
    Which Days Inn are you at? I could probably let you know of some things to do around the one you are staying at. Some interesting shopping areas that aren't malls to check out in the city:
    Michigan Avenue (Chicago or Grand Red Line Stop and walk towards the lake)
    Belmont & Clark Area (Belmont Red Line Stop)
    Damen & Milwaukee (Damen Blue Line Stop)

There are also a lot of good restaurants all over the place, though the best variety of them in one location is probably Lincoln Ave between North Ave. and Belmont.

If you want any more suggestions or have questions about what to do in the city, feel free to PM me or post here.

Iam on the Melrose park Days inn... its on the mannheim road...
    today Ive gone to downtown area.... good place to have fun

regards,
    Geraldo

Try Brookfield zoo - a great place to walk around for at least one entire day!

From Melrose Park its about 20 minutes at the most.

http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

oops also try on Friday / Sat or Sunday ... Wollf's Flea market a huge indoor flea market on Manheim and North Ave in Melrose Park.

On Sunday, the same place has a huge outdoor flea market at the Allstate Arena. About 2 miles from the Hyatt hotel and not much farther from Melrose Park - http://www.cityinsights.com/chicago/wolff.htm

You might find an odd bargain or too if you like that type of thing. Sometimes good sports collectibles.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

Good place to find half days / full days of things to do....

http://www.viator.com/chicago-tours
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

If you're looking for a show to see this weekend, perhaps something with a good amount of humor in it, you might want to take a look at Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind. Yes, it's a mouthfull, but I've been attending this show for several years now (it changes every week). It's on the corner of Foster and Ashland on the northside, near the lake. If you plan on showing up either Friday or Saturday night, get there early as they tend to sell out.

If you feel like wasting an entire day riding roller coasters, you can go to SIx Flags Great America up in Gurnee, IL. It's about a half hour drive north of the Hyatt.

We also have the following museums: Field Museum, Shed Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Museum of Science and Industry, Art Institute of Chicago and a few smaller ones that I don't know very well.

If you're looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll see if I can think of something.