Hybrid View

I everyone:

I am looking at Sphera/Ensim software. I got pricing from them but they are very unclear about their support costs. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks for your help.

PS: If you have any advise on another good software, feel free to email me (I already had a look at VDI.net & they are included in my list).

I have a Dedicated Server customer using Ensim, I'll ask him and let you know
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

<<MOD EDIT>>

[Edited by Chicken on 01-13-2001 at 01:24 AM]

Actually Jay .. they are not allowed
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

I read the TOS for the Top two forums, but there weren't any TOS for this forum that is why I wasn't sure.

Jay

Jay they apply for the rest of the forum as well. Not sure why they are only in the description of the first two. I can see the confusion.

Also, and your name, contact info, website URL, etc. (up to 4 lines), into your signature area (in your profile), instead of in the body of the posts please.

[Edited by Chicken on 01-15-2001 at 09:28 AM]
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Thanx, for the help once again, I am new to the forums, and am treading lightly right now, as not to step on any peoples feet, or violate any rules
    Jay

I have checked out both. sphera is 400.00 per server which allows 250 domains. Ensim is much less, my current host just started using them. I believe its around 50.00 per environment, as many domains as the hardware will maintain. What you need to watch out for in using ensim is its both hardware and software based so unles you want a big initial outlay you will need to find a larger host thats offering it.

TWA

thanks CRego3D

CRego3D:

If you could ask your customer this would help me a lot. Thanks again for your help!

Sphera / Ensim

FAO - TWA

Dont get me wrong, Ensim is a good solution however just be careful about your facts! Sphera allows for up to 250 "Virtual Servers" or VDS's these aren't the same as domains. Within each "VDS" in sphera you can theoretically have as many domains as you want. The only limitation would be the server resources itself. Under Ensim you can only run approximately 100 "Private Server" compared with Sphera's 250. Again security with Ensim is only at the PS level, under Sphera security is under each VDS. Basic maths would suggest it is cheaper to run Sphera! You may well be paying only 50.00 yourself however set up fee for the web host can be expensive with Ensim. Sphera is 400.00 per server with no set up fee and support is only an additional 10%.