* Domain registration owner details

GoDaddy are offering some insurance-y thing that makes your domain registration private by overlaying some intermediary's name and address so that you don't get spam, and no one knows to whom the domain is registered. (See here.)

Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone used it? Would anyone recommend it as a good idea? Or are there better strategies.

How do yawl protect your registration emails and details from the world? Is that not something anyone bothers with? I was pretty surprised to learn that there are CDs of domain name registrant details available to be bought. So, I wonder...

Thoughts?

Lengthy discussion about this from earlier date:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...odaddy+private

I don't do it because I don't want to give up ownership of my domains even if it comes with a reasonable, reassuring contract. I don't falsify info in the whois either because it can be grounds for someone to move against your domains.

BTW, it's " y'all "

Well, then, I would have to agree with the idea that "unlisted" domains be allowed, just as they do unlisted ph# because listing one's home address and phone number is just ASKING for trouble.

BTW, it's " y'all "
    Isn't it ya'll?

*waits for someone to flash the sign*
    Have you Floble'd today?

hmmm.... not keeping whois true may lead to problems... only recently i read this: http://www.pcw.co.uk/News/1140432

and sanjiv, stick to the topic, lol
    SilverString Studios | visual precision in design