Thread: VPN: Amanah.com

Thumbs down VPN: Amanah.com

Well, in my quest to find a quality VPN service, I'm trying a couple. But the first to cross off as horrible for me is amanah tech.

I tried to order the service on January 28th. However, I couldn't. Their fraud checker said it won't accept "free email". Irony was that it wasn't a free email. I also tried gmail, which is a free email and that obviously gave me the same result. I contacted amanah about it and they said they "activated" my account... No further information was given... What? Activated an account I do not have... Perhaps they meant they now allow my email address.

So, I tried to sign up and I did. $10.50 paid via paypal under my original attempted email address. It worked this time. However, I got no emails on how to actually use the service.

Come january 29th, I get an invoice saying payment over due. What?
    Come january 30th, I get another invoice saying 2nd notice.
    Come january 31th, I get another invoice saying 3rd notice.
    Each time this comes (except the 2nd) I email them back I don't owe them anything. That the billing is in error. And the funny part is, it's invoiced to the gmail I did not sign up with. So that's what they meant by "activate"!!

Note that I've been sending them constant emails saying I didn't get any login information on how to use it. Not a single reply.

Eventually, it got sorted out saying it was a confusion. No prob. I still can't login though.

Come feb 3rd, I'm sent yet another invoice. What...?
    I tell them I'm not paying, I not only did I never get a service, it's only been a week since I ordered. I think it's a bit too soon to be due for a second one. I pester them yet again that I didn't get any login information.
    They finally answer!!
    But the answer is wrong.
    Quote: "An email was sent to you on 01/02/2012 13:33 - New VPN Service // it has all of the VPN details."
    Note the date... Either way you accept it, it doesn't make sense. Seeing it as january 2nd, I didn't even signup at this point. Seeing it as Feb 1st... so you charge a month of invoice for 2 days worth of service? But, I didn't get any email to begin with. So, the entire statement is meaningless. I tell them "I didn't get any on january 2nd" and they reply with "strange"... I wonder why that's strange. Whatever, they sent me the details again (Feb 6th).

All good? No.
    Their service is supposed to be connectable via PPTP and L2TP. L2TP... there's no certificate. So much for that. PPTP, it manages to login but doesn't give me any connection.
    I email them yet again. Nothing, yet again.

Feb 10th (I think?) They leave me a voice message because I was away from my phone saying call them back at their number. No reason mentioned. So I call. No one answers, answering machine. Day after, I call. No one answers. Day after I call again. Surprise, no one answers. I don't think leaving a voice message exactly helps considering they wanted to talk to to me. I try emailing them about it. No answer. I call again, no answer. I think I called around 5~7 times all different time of the day. You'd think being on the same timezone as them is somehow helpful. Guess not.

Today (Feb 15th), I'm sending my cancellation letter once more. Just in case they didn't actually accept the last one. Hopefully, they'll stop sending me invoices.

Good Day:
    We take full responsibility for this. We have fully refunded your payment. We will investigate this further and someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
    Sorry again.
    Last edited by Coolraul; 02-15-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: removed name
    Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

Small update: They have fully refunded my payment and quite promptly (after I've sent the email & written this review). I suppose this part has been good.