Which dedicated server should I buy?

I'm looking to host game servers, only 1 large server for counter-strike source that will host about 50 slots. my budget is around 150-200 a month and I live in Chicago. Which dedicated server would I need such as hardware, bandwidth wise, and what company should I go with? I've tried gigenet, singlehop, and theplanet, but they are too expensive for what you get.. is there a company that I can go with that would be perfect only for game servers?

Ziggat, your best bet would be to go with a Intel Core2Duo with 2GB/4GB and will even give you a little bit of room to expand and a machine with 1000GB+ of bandwidth and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

Make sure to get a lot of bandwidth.

Aus sucks because you can get a powerful machine but not enough bandwidth to actually fill it up...

Get at least 1TB.

Id recommend an Intel Core2Duo with atleast 4gb of ram and a big harddrive, or an AMD Opteron also with 4gb ram.

The more ram the better when it comes to games.

Agree on the Core2Duo aspect, but we run 10x 34 slot TF2 servers on only 6 GB of RAM. So I am not sure how big of a major factor that would be, 2 GB of RAM would be fine if its only 1x server with 50 slots in my opinion.
    Jeremy Miller - Account Executive
    SingleHop Inc. - Dedicated Servers Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 103

Agreed with everybody else. You'll be completely fine with those specifications and you should be able to keep it under your budget.

Noticed his profile says disabled, iam guessing he probably wont be updating us if he finds a provider.
    Last edited by TheServerExperts; 10-11-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Intel Core2Duo with 2GB/4GB agreed. You can easily run your 50 slot server and if you want. You can throw in a couple more servers and it should run just fine. As somebody else said 1TB of bandwith would most likely be a huge overkill. 2-4k Bandwidth would most likely do you fine and leave you room to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggat View Post
    I'm looking to host game servers, only 1 large server for counter-strike source that will host about 50 slots. my budget is around 150-200 a month and I live in Chicago. Which dedicated server would I need such as hardware, bandwidth wise, and what company should I go with? I've tried gigenet, singlehop, and theplanet, but they are too expensive for what you get.. is there a company that I can go with that would be perfect only for game servers?
    You should ask ColoCrossing for a dedicated server in Chicago, they are widely used by most of the moderately sized GSPs. I am sure that you would be able to get a Dual Core, 4gb of RAM, 250GB, 100mbit w/ 2TB transfer less than $100. Usually you are going to have to barter with them on live chat, but either way you would get what you want for a good price.

Op is disabled. lol