Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1593
    I'm returning after a year of being with StableHost just to give my personal experience. I'll keep it short and sweet!

Over the past year SH has been the best shared service I have ever experienced in my years of renting servers. The support is second to none and SH always informs me in a timely manner of any needed updates to the servers.

Keep up the great work SH!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by snilloconator View Post
    I'm returning after a year of being with StableHost just to give my personal experience. I'll keep it short and sweet!

Over the past year SH has been the best shared service I have ever experienced in my years of renting servers. The support is second to none and SH always informs me in a timely manner of any needed updates to the servers.

Keep up the great work SH!
    Thank you!
      0 Not allowed!

Overall sounds like a decent PHP hosting deal.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by todsmith View Post
    Overall sounds like a decent PHP hosting deal.
    We try ;-)
      0 Not allowed!

Just to be clear, is it OK to host family/friends websites? It sounds as if the answer went from "No" to "Yes" about a month ago, but I want to make sure.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Monash View Post
    Just to be clear, is it OK to host family/friends websites? It sounds as if the answer went from "No" to "Yes" about a month ago, but I want to make sure.
    We decided to allow it, however we don't recommend it.

Why? If your friend's website gets hacked, your website is now hacked and suspended ;-) Same goes for spam, you are responsible for any content your friends or family uploads....
      0 Not allowed!

Im going on my 2nd year with stablehost(paid yearly), it's hands down the best host around for shared hosting. Server's are ALWAYS up, tickets always get answered, support is always friendly. Never had a ticket for any problems just for question's about configuration.

Just wanted to give this thread my great experience with stablehost. Keep up the amazing work nerdie.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    We decided to allow it, however we don't recommend it.

Why? If your friend's website gets hacked, your website is now hacked and suspended ;-) Same goes for spam, you are responsible for any content your friends or family uploads....
    My family members are exceptionally reliable. Worst things that could happen is on the level of some plug-in from WordPress.org turning out to be a resource problem. Well, that and Slashdottings. Which brings me to my next question -- what happens when traffic spikes due to a Slashdotting or equivalent? I haven't hit Slashdot or Hacker News in a while, but that's fixable when I put my mind to it ...
      0 Not allowed!

Also, what plan would you recommend for a small collection of WordPress and Joomla sites (low single-digit number of sites getting material traffic) that aggregate in the low six figures of page views per month?
      0 Not allowed!

My family members are exceptionally reliable. Worst things that could happen is on the level of some plug-in from WordPress.org turning out to be a resource problem. Well, that and Slashdottings. Which brings me to my next question -- what happens when traffic spikes due to a Slashdotting or equivalent? I haven't hit Slashdot or Hacker News in a while, but that's fixable when I put my mind to it ...
    You'll hit the CPU limits and your website will be throttled.

If your website can get a lot of traffic, you'll want to look into our enterprise hosting instead.
      0 Not allowed!

Also, what plan would you recommend for a small collection of WordPress and Joomla sites (low single-digit number of sites getting material traffic) that aggregate in the low six figures of page views per month?
    Looks like you overlooked this question, although you did partially answer it already.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like you overlooked this question, although you did partially answer it already.
    We always recommend going with the smallest plan and upgrading as you run out of disk space/bandwidth.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but your original post states:
    CPU: Dual Intel L5520 Xeons (16 cores)
    This is incorrect. Intel Xeon L5520 is a Quad-Core, Eight-threaded processor. Not Eight-Core processor. There is a huge difference between a thread and a core.

Basically, you have eight cores and sixteen threads, not sixteen cores.

Just thought I'd point that out so you can fix it!

Source: http://ark.intel.com/products/40201/...-GTs-Intel-QPI)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Appdeveloper View Post
    I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but your original post states:

This is incorrect. Intel Xeon L5520 is a Quad-Core, Eight-threaded processor. Not Eight-Core processor. There is a huge difference between a thread and a core.

Basically, you have eight cores and sixteen threads, not sixteen cores.

Just thought I'd point that out so you can fix it!

Source: http://ark.intel.com/products/40201/...-GTs-Intel-QPI)
    Thanks, we don't use those CPUs anymore anyways but I'll get it fixed.
      0 Not allowed!

hey why isnt any of the codes working on Enterprise Web Hosting?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by factorx View Post
    hey why isnt any of the codes working on Enterprise Web Hosting?
    The WHT coupons are only for shared hosting, sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you!
    Least I could do SH. I may have another client coming your way this weekend
      0 Not allowed!

seems great, will order one :p
      0 Not allowed!

We guarantee that your website will be faster then any other provider you have ever had or we will refund your purchase price.

If you have any questions before signing up, please open up a ticket with our sales team.
    You don't have 2 or 3 years payment plan?
      0 Not allowed!

Double posting. Sorry. Connection problem.
      0 Not allowed!

cpanel enabled ?
      0 Not allowed!

Very nice offer and great pricing. Hmm..
      0 Not allowed!

StableHost Sucks!

I had to register myself an account to express my disappointment in Stable Host. I was one of the early bird who supported Stable Host when they first launched because I had a good feeling that Stable Host would be amazing. Disappointedly, being one of the early supporters of Stable Host has big disadvantages. Recently, I have exceeded my bandwidth usage (20GB Basic Plan) and I was surprised to check back Stable Host plans to realize that the new same plan have now offered 50gb bandwidth limit. I have emailed Stable Host regarding this issue and I was shocked to hear that the current upgrade was to all new clients ONLY! I was like WTF. What about us? The early ones who gave Stable Host the light to much progressive development over the year. This is just ridiculous. Stable Host does not treat all clients fairly. Stable Host should have upgraded ALL clients at the same time but they didn't. This reflects how unprofessional in their service. I've been running my own business for my whole life now and one thing I learnt from experience is that a loyal returning clients worths a 100s of new clients. Once my plan expires, I'm changing. Doesn't worth my money at all. Guys, just take note of this. You can judge it on your own.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
    I had to register myself an account to express my disappointment in Stable Host. I was one of the early bird who supported Stable Host when they first launched because I had a good feeling that Stable Host would be amazing. Disappointedly, being one of the early supporters of Stable Host has big disadvantages. Recently, I have exceeded my bandwidth usage (20GB Basic Plan) and I was surprised to check back Stable Host plans to realize that the new same plan have now offered 50gb bandwidth limit. I have emailed Stable Host regarding this issue and I was shocked to hear that the current upgrade was to all new clients ONLY! I was like WTF. What about us? The early ones who gave Stable Host the light to much progressive development over the year. This is just ridiculous. Stable Host does not treat all clients fairly. Stable Host should have upgraded ALL clients at the same time but they didn't. This reflects how unprofessional in their service. I've been running my own business for my whole life now and one thing I learnt from experience is that a loyal returning clients worths a 100s of new clients. Once my plan expires, I'm changing. Doesn't worth my money at all. Guys, just take note of this. You can judge it on your own.
    That's completely false, what's your ticket number? I can promise you that's not what we told you, if it is, I'll give you a free year of hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

So, what about us? When or will us be upgraded as well?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast