Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Eleven2 Review - Don't waste your time with them.

So I went with an eleven2 account for some of my new sites. I figured I heard some good things about them and signed up for the year. However it's only a few months into me having a hosting account with them and honestly their service & support are just not there.

Here are some of the issues I have had with Eleven2.

- Server being slow
    - My url was being redirected to some random site.

I am looking to move my sites over to a new host within the next few days however I just wanted to share my bad experience with eleven2. Ready to give my domain names to WHT to confirm this.
    Proud VPS client of unixy.net
    They define "managed" VPS

They seem to be popping up with a lot of bad reviews recently, which is what many predicted.

Did you expect decent quality with those prices?

Sorry for your experience but anything hosting provide with this price range will eventually be in the same position as eleven2

I know we all want the best for the lowest prices but we also need to be realistic with our budget and ourselves.

Time to find a realistic host with reasonable prices.
    Best of luck but remember to always backup
    IrieHost Inc - Professional Web Hosting Provider & Social Network Servers
    VPS • Shared Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Reseller Hosting
    24hrs Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.99% Uptime
    See you soon @ www.riehost.com

Quote Originally Posted by redcell1 View Post
    So I went with an eleven2 account for some of my new sites. I figured I heard some good things about them and signed up for the year. However it's only a few months into me having a hosting account with them and honestly their service & support are just not there.

- Server being slow

I am looking to move my sites over to a new host within the next few days however I just wanted to share my bad experience with eleven2. Ready to give my domain names to WHT to confirm this.
    Hi redcell,

Sorry to hear you had issues with our service. Could you please provide us with your domain name or Ticket ID so we can look up your account and see what went wrong?

Thanks!
    Big things coming soon

[-CUT-]

- Server being slow
    This could be caused by ads, sometimes some ad networks don't check their client ads and allow them to put "malicious" java codes that redirect all the url to a specific url.
    I hardly think a host like Eleven2 could do something like that.

This is not the first time I personally heard of how E2 treat their customers. I am very sorry for your bad experience and I hope that you find a better hosting provider soon.
    DigitalFyre Internet Solutions, LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Hi redcell,

Sorry to hear you had issues with our service. Could you please provide us with your domain name or Ticket ID so we can look up your account and see what went wrong?

Thanks!
    Nick honestly would could you do? I had to spend hours with your tech support over simple things that seriosuly should have never occured. Not to mention me having to explaint o my clients why their websites were not working correctly.

First time to hear this name, the overal service is not so cheap...

Hi redcell,

Thanks!
    you new guy sir?

@ OP what did their support say? have you asked for a higher support escalation for the issue about both issues?
    i would like to know what are their responses on the issues you face

So sorry to hear that. I've never seen such things happened before. Hope your sites are fixed as soon as possible.

- Server being slow

When you say your site was redirected to a random site, was your site infected with malware? Also, did eleven2 give you an official response in regards to why your site was moving so slow?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

I'm not associated with eleven2 in any way. But, probably, if you provide nick your ticket id, you may get a faster resolution.

If you already decided to leave them, there are many other good hosts to choose.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

Nick honestly would could you do? I had to spend hours with your tech support over simple things that seriosuly should have never occured. Not to mention me having to explaint o my clients why their websites were not working correctly.
    Eleven2's main goal is to keep our customers satisfied. We don't like hearing about situations like this and want to see what went wrong for 2 reasons. First and foremost, so we can make it right with you, right away. Secondly, so we can correct the issue at hand so it doesn't happen again (to you or anyone else). Again, if you could please provide a Ticket ID or domain, I'd be happy to look into things for you.

Also, our CEO's contact email is publicly available on our website any time you would like to discuss the matter directly with him. He is happy to talk to any of our customers if they are having issues - rodney[at]eleven2.com
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    When you say your site was redirected to a random site, was your site infected with malware? Also, did eleven2 give you an official response in regards to why your site was moving so slow?
    Eleven2's main goal is to keep our customers satisfied. We don't like hearing about situations like this and want to see what went wrong for 2 reasons. First and foremost, so we can make it right with you, right away. Secondly, so we can correct the issue at hand so it doesn't happen again (to you or anyone else). Again, if you could please provide a Ticket ID or domain, I'd be happy to look into things for you.

Also, our CEO's contact email is publicly available on our website any time you would like to discuss the matter directly with him. He is happy to talk to any of our customers if they are having issues - rodney[at]eleven2.com
    Nick, while emailing your CEO might get me an email apology followed by him fixing my issues it doesn't solve the bigger problem. That problem being that certain departments of Eleven2 just need to get their act together. If I have to resort to emailing the CEO or asking you to look into something for me every time something happens would that not be absurd? Your 24/7 Tech support agents should be able to cover any account issues I may have.

Nick, while emailing your CEO might get me an email apology followed by him fixing my issues it doesn't solve the bigger problem. That problem being that certain departments of Eleven2 just need to get their act together. If I have to resort to emailing the CEO or asking you to look into something for me every time something happens would that not be absurd? Your 24/7 Tech support agents should be able to cover any account issues I may have.
    I completely agree with you, and again, I sincerely apologize for the problem you had. We definitely don't expect any of our customers to rely on our CEO or WHT to get help with any technical issues that they experience. We very rarely see complaints about our service like this and I'd like to assure you that issues like this are isolated - which is why I'd like a Ticket ID or domain name so that I can work with you to resolve this matter. We'd just like an opportunity to make this right with you. Before we can begin that process, I need to be able to review your account and the issue at hand.
    Big things coming soon

I completely agree with you, and again, I sincerely apologize for the problem you had. We definitely don't expect any of our customers to rely on our CEO or WHT to get help with any technical issues that they experience. We very rarely see complaints about our service like this and I'd like to assure you that issues like this are isolated - which is why I'd like a Ticket ID or domain name so that I can work with you to resolve this matter. We'd just like an opportunity to make this right with you. Before we can begin that process, I need to be able to review your account and the issue at hand.
    Well maybe you can help me cause I'm with you guys, joined when you were selling promo on psdtuts...first I missed my deadlines at university because the server was down when I needed to upload my work, now I'm capped to 40% regardless of how good my work turns out.

So working after the deadline, the site has been going down every 10 mins for 20 or so mins today, so basically I haven't even been able to use it cause it's going down every single time.

Not like you care cause all they tell me is raise a support ticket, I did yesterday and they told me my site was back up only for it to be down today...this is my last 2 weeks of a 3 year degree, I bought the hosting to show potential employers my portfolio when I send them my resume but it seems the site will always be down, I wish I had money to move to another host but you already took my yearly payment.

Here is my ticket number (# 724509) what is really gonna change, even if it comes back now, it'll go down again.

Quote Originally Posted by 187skillz View Post
    Well maybe you can help me cause I'm with you guys, joined when you were selling promo on psdtuts...first I missed my deadlines at university because the server was down when I needed to upload my work, now I'm capped to 40% regardless of how good my work turns out.

So working after the deadline, the site has been going down every 10 mins for 20 or so mins today, so basically I haven't even been able to use it cause it's going down every single time.

Not like you care cause all they tell me is raise a support ticket, I did yesterday and they told me my site was back up only for it to be down today...this is my last 2 weeks of a 3 year degree, I bought the hosting to show potential employers my portfolio when I send them my resume but it seems the site will always be down, I wish I had money to move to another host but you already took my yearly payment.

Here is my ticket number (# 724509) what is really gonna change, even if it comes back now, it'll go down again.
    Just out of interest, are you on server xray? I used E2 for a while but had major difficulties on that server.

Sorry to hear about the missed degree deadline- good luck with the last two weeks, you're nearly there!

Quote Originally Posted by jcsrv View Post
    Just out of interest, are you on server xray? I used E2 for a while but had major difficulties on that server.

Sorry to hear about the missed degree deadline- good luck with the last two weeks, you're nearly there!
    Thanks for the congrat.

Yup that is the server I'm on, it is very slow too, I will be moving as soon as I can afford to. My website is still down, can you guys believe that?

Also my url has a design on it, seems like someone moved my directory to my main url...when I go to my url/directory where I had my WP design, it comes up with a 404 error, when I go to my main url where I had nothing, it seems someone tried to move my WP design there but it's all broken, I definitely haven't touched it.
    Last edited by 187skillz; 05-11-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

It's worth checking your WP install to see if the site in your home URL still thinks it's in another directory (go to settings>General>WordPress URL/Site URL). If you can't access it,it'll be in the database under the wp_options table.

Moving it back will fix the brokenness. If you want to keep it at your main URL it's worth changing the settings above and also running the Velvet Blues URL Update Plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...s-update-urls/) which will change all the URLs in the database automatically.

Let me know how it turns out. And of course, run a backup from cPanel as soon as you can to get everything off.

It's got worse..I hit up the live chat and she told me a server migration is going on and sent me to a link

http://www.eleven2.com/forum/topic/1...atency-issues/

I asked if this mean it won't be up to next wednesday, not only will my lecturer mark me 40%, I'll probably get a big fat zero for not having anything up, my only saving grace right now is weekend, I'm hoping he hasn't checked my work prior to now and I can put up something over the weekend...next wednesday? I don't have next wednesday.

I asked to be move to a fresh server, I don't care, I didn't have anything up and can redo the part I need for my assignment, I just need my lecturer to be able to see my work, give me a new server, I don't care about back ups and what I've lost.

Is it possible to get money back? I paid for a year on a promo.
    I only joined at the end of feb or beginning of March and paid for the year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 187skillz View Post
    It's got worse..I hit up the live chat and she told me a server migration is going on and sent me to a link

http://www.eleven2.com/forum/topic/1...atency-issues/

I asked if this mean it won't be up to next wednesday, not only will my lecturer mark me 40%, I'll probably get a big fat zero for not having anything up, my only saving grace right now is weekend, I'm hoping he hasn't checked my work prior to now and I can put up something over the weekend...next wednesday? I don't have next wednesday.

I asked to be move to a fresh server, I don't care, I didn't have anything up and can redo the part I need for my assignment, I just need my lecturer to be able to see my work, give me a new server, I don't care about back ups and what I've lost.

Is it possible to get money back? I paid for a year on a promo.
    I only joined at the end of feb or beginning of March and paid for the year.

Thanks
    I'm glad Rodney is now taking a personal interest in xray's issues.

According to Rodney's post it should have started place last wednesday (9th), but if it did start then, surely it can't still be going on?

Can you login to your cPanel at http://xray.unisonplatform.com? If so it'd be worth pulling a backup off and setting up shop somewhere else. If you can get a backup you could potentially be up and running tonight.

As for refunds, it doesn't hurt to ask, especially as the E2 team have admitted there are problems with the server.

Been a member for 2 months. First of all as many others I didn get the upgrade advertised in sales thread. And the server is so slow that wordpress login takes several minutes !!!

All working fine with my static sites on eleven2. I have been with them since the Sharkspace times (over a year). There were some downtime issues around the transition Sharkspace -> Eleven2; otherwise all working OK.

Quote Originally Posted by kameeleon View Post
    Been a member for 2 months. First of all as many others I didn get the upgrade advertised in sales thread. And the server is so slow that wordpress login takes several minutes !!!
    If you didn't get the upgrade advertised in our thread, that is likely because you did not meet one or more of the requirements for the offer. Please put in a ticket to our Sales department and we will be happy to assist you with that.

As for the server slowness, have you opened a support ticket about that? If so, please provide the Ticket ID and I will look into your matter and we can work on a resolution that will work for both of us.

Thanks!
    Big things coming soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast