Smile looking for a good dedicated server for gaming

alright im looking for a dedicated that has 1000gb bandwidth and at least 512 memory everything else really doesnt matter because im only installing one game server i found this website http://www.serverpronto.com/ to be the cheapest but im sure theres other that might be cheaper thank you for your help

thanks, Drezek

Moved > Game Servers.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

also do you think 512 memory and 1500 bandwidth is good enough to run a 32 man call of duty world at war server someone told me the bandwitdh wont be a problem but the memory might be can anyone shed some light on this

Quote Originally Posted by Drezek View Post
    also do you think 512 memory and 1500 bandwidth is good enough to run a 32 man call of duty world at war server someone told me the bandwitdh wont be a problem but the memory might be can anyone shed some light on this
    Your BW amount is just fine for that server but RAM ainīt. This server will need about about 512 of RAM. I would suggest that server have atleast 1GB of total RAM or you might experience strange issues with it.

Im hosting one 20 slot CoD4 public server which requirements are pretty much same as Cod5 server. I have set heapsize as 512 megs exactly and when this server is full, itīs using about 350-400MB of RAM. Your server is 32 slots so it will need more...

Unfortunately almost all game server softwares are leaking memory due to bugs, with lesser RAM, you need to reboot your physical server more often.
    NiX API - A powerful Anti-Proxy/Anti-Fraud and IP Reputation Lookup API
    nixapi.com

The more physical ram the better...ideally i'd go with 1GB at the minimum. The poor HD would be frying with less than that...well it all depends on the game

Having run COD games for a long time I know that you want memory and if you can get more memory then do so. The COD series of games, CODWAW is no exception, use a fair bit of memory when compared to other game servers.

I recommend looking for a good dual core Intel CPU based server with 2GB of memory. Limestone Networks has a great sale on right now for what I just mentioned and we are currently using them for gaming which has worked out really well.

If you are running Windows, I highly suggest you have at least 2GB of RAM as you really won't be able to run much on the machine.