Replace Plesk 11 with cPanel/WHM

I have a dedicated LAMP server running CentOS 6.3. I had Plesk 11 installed, moved all of my clients website's over from my shared server to the dedicated server, and closed the shared server account.

I am getting too frustrated with Parallels' billing and support and don't want to get anymore dependent on their hosting solutions.

What is the best way to replace Plesk 11 with cPanel and WHM on my dedicated Linux server? Do I have to completely delete Plesk 11 before installing cPanel and WHM?

Please Help!

You will need to reinstall the o/s before installing cPanel as it needs a bare bones (clean) OS or you can end up causing issues with it not installing correctly.

AFAIk, you willl need to completely reload your server and then install cpanel.

Plesk installs services from its own repo and custom daemons as well as softwares which are not supported by cpanel and cpanel does the same thing.

Unless you want to spend a fortune to a sysadmin who will clear and erase all plesk track, reinstall is your best solution.
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

HI

what is wrong with your plesk or their support. Maybe someone on here can help you.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

The Parallels sales support is great, where I ran into problems was:
    1. I purchased Parallels Business Automation and it never showed up on my Plesk desktop. I was told by my sales support rep, that I need to file a support ticket. I only get so many free support tickets before they start charging me.
    2. I tried changing my original credit card # I had setup on Parallels and there is no online solution to do that (can I trust them to give me an online billing solution for my clients?)
    3. After I purchased the Parallels Business Automation and 100 Site Builder licenses it never showed up on my Parallels account. One month later I get a late notice from Parallels billing. I informed them that I tried to update my credit card information but there was no place to do it. They sent me a form to fax. When I told them I didn't feel comfortable faxing my credit card information they gave me their PayPal email address. I asked them to send me a PayPal invoice and they just replied that I could log on to PayPal and send them the amount. Again, do I want to trust these people with my online billing solution?

You don't delete plesk. You have to reinstall your server completely or install it on a fresh system. I have seen clients install cPanel over plesk thinking they deleted everything and it was a disaster.

Get a fresh new server, install cPanel/WHM and then transfer all of the data.

- Daniel

I don't know if anyone else has experienced these kind of problems with Parallels. I have read some post from people who were disappointed with Parallels support and how much easier it was to use cPanel.