leaving HostGator and transferring to Host9 ?

Currently I have a reseller package with hostgator in which I am really happy with them but the only disadvantage is that they do not allow overselling where I can not offer unlimited packages, this is the only reason I am not thinking to stay with them but rather going to another reputable host that allows overselling.
    While searching and reading reviews I came across hostnine reseller packages where they allow overselling and the nice thing of this host is that they have different host locations available for me and my clients .
    What do you think folks ... Do you have any recommendation for a good host besides Host9 ?

You can you can find easily by Reseller Hosting offer Section

if you are happy with Host Gator then you should stay with them and try another host. If you are completely happy with the other host after sometime and do not wish to continue then you can close your account. The reason for this is because some host do not accept you back that easily and i think host gator is one of them
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

why do you want to offer unlimited packages? I think you were the one that had the other thread about this. Personally I wouldn't advise you to do that as a reseller, you'll only call for trouble because unlike hostgator, I doubt you can get your hands on the type of legal resources they have.

One of the main key factor in the hosting market is "Unlimited Plans" which seem to play a great role in your hosting business, that is why I want this feature .
    Last edited by manhal; 12-22-2009 at 03:53 PM.

You have the wrong mindset for this. The current market isn't about offering unlimited packages, just because a few of the big hosts do it, doesn't mean most of the hosts do it.

You shouldn't try to compete with the big guns, you won't win. Focus on something unique about your own company and go from there, you'll do much better.

But you're free to do whatever you want, just laying my opinions out there.

Well, most of the large host companies started offering it, so there must be a reason behind this.

The reason is that they are able to legally protect themselves from complaints and lawsuits.

Like I said, you shouldn't try to compete with the big dogs. Most of those companies didn't offer unlimited everything to start with, they slowly found ways around the system to offer it without getting into trouble.

But you're free to give it a try and see what happens. Who knows, you may be the next hostgator.

if you are happy with hostgator mean stay with them

and before signup any reseller please read there reviews
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

There are 3 main advantages for Host9 over HostGator

- overselling allowed with H9 but not with HG.
    - windows accounts for clients permitted with H9 but not with HG.
    - world host locations of your choice can be used with H9 but not with HG.

I couldn't find even one option that HG has but not H9 (supports in both hosts are fine, although some saying with HG is better).

I would go with the others in the thread and not recommend overselling with a reseller account. You are going to run into problems when you have clients that want to use the space that they are paying for and can't. If you are set on overselling, then you should get a dedicated server where you can manage the actual diskspace and other settings on the server. You do not have this kind of access as a reseller.

Do some research before making the move, overselling enabled unlimited reseller plans sounds like overloaded servers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    Focus on something unique about your own company and go from there, you'll do much better.
    Metered and Unmetered. There is no other option. So, what do you mean by Unique package ?

Well, my personal opinion is that , if you have good knowledge of server administration/performance tuning/abuse management then there is no problem offering unlimited packages for small hosts. One also need to have a very good TOS which clearly shows what are allowed and what are not allowed
    ██ Harris, Sales Rep
    ►◄sales@sunshellhosting.com,sales@whmphp.com
    ♫♫ Reliable WHM Master Reseller Hosting Since 3+ Years
    ♫♫ WHMPHP Master Reseller Control Panel

Quote Originally Posted by SunShellNET View Post
    Metered and Unmetered. There is no other option. So, what do you mean by Unique package ?

Well, my personal opinion is that , if you have good knowledge of server administration/performance tuning/abuse management then there is no problem offering unlimited packages for small hosts. One also need to have a very good TOS which clearly shows what are allowed and what are not allowed
    agree with you

Do some research before making the move, overselling enabled unlimited reseller plans sounds like overloaded servers IMO.
    That can indeed happen, as resellers keep on adding more and more end user accounts. Then again, like all unlimited packages, the host's policy can only be guided by the fact that they need to have at least X reseller accounts on the server to make a profit. Any end user or reseller account that puts that in jeopardy, is a candidate for upselling or account termination. A host that cares about server stability will be quite ruthless in this regard.

At the end of the day, $80 can only get you about $80 worth of service.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShellNET View Post
    Not unique packages, unique services, unique addons, etc. Anything that separates his host from someone else's

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    Not unique packages, unique services, unique addons, etc. Anything that separates his host from someone else's
    I won't expect something unique service from a startup "webhost" other than Shared,Reseller,Master,Alpha,VPS,and Dedicated servers.

I also doubt , it won't suit the term "Webhost" if he start offering other services
    ██ Harris, Sales Rep
    ►◄sales@sunshellhosting.com,sales@whmphp.com
    ♫♫ Reliable WHM Master Reseller Hosting Since 3+ Years
    ♫♫ WHMPHP Master Reseller Control Panel

So you're saying web hosts can't offer other services?