Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fully Managed services to me means, that they set-up the account, if you need anything installed like a script, if something isn't working they fix it. If it's a VPS, they install and secure it, configure the basics, maybe install a few software like cPanel, configserver firewall, etc.

You need something they do it, unless it's semi managed, where they only do bits.

As a server management company we charge per system, be it a virtual machine or a dedicated and it's very strange the they didn't inform you of that
    Server Management and server solutions / 24x7 live support / 20 minutes response time

fully managed servers mean for me : they do all backups regularly and check if my server is in good shape, and weather if I ask for a plugin, I think they would be willing to install it for me automatically. just my opinion

To me fully managed means anything except web design/development, for example things like installing a new CMS or creating a new email account.

Fully managed means different things to different people. Fully managed for a provider will mean something different to a novice, and again something different again with someone who has hosting / server experience.

In any event, before signing any contracts its always best in doubt to ask first. Never assume. That would save so many hassles and miss communications between providers and clients.

I think also there is a misconception that fully managed means that service providers will fix your website/services when you make a mistake, and in most circumstances it only refers to hardware / base level software. And nothing else.

Fully Managed Means everything is included such as Control Panel Installation and Configurations, Firewall and Memory Optimizations and anything a Client needs.

It vary and you need to double check with the provider. Generally, It means keeping your server secured and updated as well as providing support covering anything related to the server itself.
    Last edited by AttackerNET; 09-13-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Managed hosting

Almost every other company offers managed hosting, and some of them offer "fully managed" hosting as well. The prices for such hosting varies from something as low as $50 to hundreds of dollars per month. So what exactly does a managed hosting give you?

In managed hosting, you (the website owner) need not worry about the nuances that help in giving your site maximum uptime. There is a tech support that helps you do that. You can either go for fully managed wherein you're not involved in the admin work at all. You can sit back and relax while the tech guys take care of everything and just send you updates. Or you can go for partially managed hosting wherein you also will be involved in some admin work.

How to determine if the hosting company has good managed services? Talk to their customer reps. You could take help of some guy who's more knowledgeable in the field to test how good the support is. So invest some time talking to them before you decide on the company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12