Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google HTC Nexus One

25 54.35%
  • Apple iPhone 3GS

21 45.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nexus One or iPhone 3GS

If you could pick right now between the two phones, which one would you pick?

3GS gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
    3GS gets my vote
    Gets my vote as well.

Nexus One has much better HW - the only reason why I (and most others) prefer the 3GS is because it works on AT&T 3G/most 3G networks while Nexus works on T-Mobile 3G in the US only.

Another downside to Nexus is the application amounts - but they (Android apps) are growing fast .

The Nexus One will be on AT&T 3G and Verizon within a few months at most. In my view, the N1 is a better choice and should be compared against the 4th gen iPhone instead.

I'm not sure about it being on ATT, but I know Verizon will be getting it as well and they have a much better 3G network than ATT, though ATT is supposed to be upgrading theirs (aren't they always) due to the iPad.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by powerMonster-Scott View Post
    I'm not sure about it being on ATT, but I know Verizon will be getting it as well and they have a much better 3G network than ATT, though ATT is supposed to be upgrading theirs (aren't they always) due to the iPad.
    This is where I got that from. Seems pretty promising.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/29/n...-in-the-works/

Thanks for the link. I missed that one. The last I read is that ATT turned down the Android platform altogether.

iPhone 3GS because of the 140,000+ apps in the App store.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I'm all for apple products. I'm a Jobs fan and hate PCs and own two macbook pro notebooks (upgraded from powerbook), and have owned a dozen or so iPods over the years, but of those 140,000 apps, how many are actually useful?

I have an iPod touch and I know there are thousands of apps, but finding the right one that actually is any good is difficult. And there are a lot of crappy apps that really don't do much of anything that are included in that number.

I'm all for apple products. I'm a Jobs fan and hate PCs and own two macbook pro notebooks (upgraded from powerbook), and have owned a dozen or so iPods over the years, but of those 140,000 apps, how many are actually useful?
    There are crappy apps, no doubt, but with 140,000+ to choose from, the percentage of crappy apps means there's tens of thousands of great apps, depending on your need. They're easy to find. Just take the top 50 apps for example, and none of them are crappy.

I have around 150+ apps on my iPhone and I use a fair few of them, for various situations. Ok, maybe I have a little app collecting fetish going, but you get the drift.

I take note of the user rating review system, to get a good idea if an app is worth the money. I've found the user rating system to be fairly accurate. A lot of my apps are games, news apps and utility apps. The last 3 apps I bought were more utility apps, including the Sygic GPS app. That got me through Brisbane on the weekend coming back from a 4x4 camping trip at Bribie Island.

One thing I like about the Google Market is that within 24 hours, all fees are refundable so even if it's a highly rated app and it doesn't work for you, you can get a refund, no questions asked, within 24 hours and also, the market keeps track of all of your purchases so if you have to move to another phone (lost or damaged), or have to reset your phone, you can redownload all of your paid apps for free. No need to repurchase them.

One thing I like about the Google Market is that within 24 hours, all fees are refundable so even if it's a highly rated app and it doesn't work for you, you can get a refund, no questions asked, within 24 hours
    That is pretty neat.

also, the market keeps track of all of your purchases so if you have to move to another phone (lost or damaged), or have to reset your phone, you can redownload all of your paid apps for free. No need to repurchase them.
    I'm pretty sure this works for the iPhone too. I've re-downloaded my paid apps through iTunes many times now after restoring my phone.

I haven't had that luck. If I've lost an app because my ipod crashed, I've had to repay for the app in the itunes store.

Tied poll results so far. Would like to get more feedback

I would definitely go with the Nexus One (N1) rooted with CyanogenMod. I plan on purchasing my Nexus One sometime this week and I would prefer it any day over the iPhone. I love the Android platform as I currently have a HTC Dream (G1) and the Market is amazing with the refund on paid apps if you do not like them etc. etc. It's just an amazing phone.

What does the CyanogenMod do?

One thing I like about the Google Market is that within 24 hours, all fees are refundable so even if it's a highly rated app and it doesn't work for you, you can get a refund, no questions asked . . .
    I guess a refund would be cool, not that I've ever needed one, as I'm pretty picky about the apps I buy.
    . . . and also, the market keeps track of all of your purchases so if you have to move to another phone (lost or damaged), or have to reset your phone, you can redownload all of your paid apps for free. No need to repurchase them.
    Same with the iPhone. I've had to restore my iPhone from the backup from iTunes. Thank goodness for the backup.

I guess since the Android App Market is new, it is far behind the Apple App store. Only if people started porting the Apps between the two, would be great or an App to run iPhone apps on the Android

I already made my choice, I bought the motorola milestone aka droid intead of the iphone. And will surely buy the nexus one again...

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    I guess since the Android App Market is new, it is far behind the Apple App store.
    If anyone can mount a campaign to chase down Apple's lead, it's the Android market. The more competition the better too.
    Only if people started porting the Apps between the two, would be great or an App to run iPhone apps on the Android
    You couldn't run the iPhone apps on another device, as those apps have been specifically built for the iPhone OS, just as you can't run apps built for other devices on the iPhone. I can see why other phone makers would want their devices to run iPhone apps, but I couldn't see why an iPhone user would want to run apps made for other devices, given how massive the iPhone app store is.

I use an iPhone 3G, and I've yawned at all the so-called "iPhone killers" that have come and gone, but I will say that the Nexus One is a genuine competitor. Hopefully the battle will benefit users of both devices.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Leave Google to what they do best, the Internet. Phones? Leave that to the people who are used to making them.

Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet View Post
    I use an iPhone 3G, and I've yawned at all the so-called "iPhone killers" that have come and gone, but I will say that the Nexus One is a genuine competitor. Hopefully the battle will benefit users of both devices.
    Exactly, the more real competition the better. iPhone's competitors in the past have been rather lack luster. The last thing we want is Apple being complacent. They need competitors nipping at their heels.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
    Leave Google to what they do best, the Internet. Phones? Leave that to the people who are used to making them.
    Actually...they did. HTC made the phone and they know a thing or two about making phones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast