Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Need linux hosting Monthly payment only

Hi

I need to start a new image hosting site.
    1st month i ll need it cheap because i want to test that i m getting hits or not

1 GB space & 10 GB BW can work for me

need hotlink protection support from server + rewrite urls htacess etc.

my budget is less then $2/mo

i will increase it as i get trafiic & u tell me that its now time to upgrade.

I search offer pages but lots of host need 6 month or 12 month prepayment which i dont want to pay.

also some host reviews are not good.

<snipped>

I love to take hosting who can upgrade me to vps later if needed, so i dont need to worry from atleast from hosting problems.

thx
    Last edited by ldcdc; 04-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.

For the price point you are looking for, you won't find any web host willing to accept monthly payments. The payment processing fees would eat up much of the revenues if the host accepted $2/month payments individually. There are plenty of options available to you if you are willing to pay annually, though. Good luck with your search.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

If your budget is that constrained, nearlyfreespeech.net's rather unique billing style may suit you - assuming your usage levels, in terms of everything, are really low as well.

2 a month for hosting is very low I can not think of any hosts that offer that off the top of my head but I assume they are out there.

EDIT: Oh wait idcdc posted one, well that would be the only one I know of then.

No Offense but is it that much of a problem to come up with $24 for a year of hosting? Just seems a bit strange to insist on paying $2 a month as opposed to such a low rate annually.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Fees for processing payments prevent such a low monthly cost. Many hosts offer 3 month and 6 month plans. Check around and you should find something.
    Hostjunkies Affordable Web Hosting
    Professional Web Hosting | 99.9% Uptime | Cloudlinux | Softaculous
    Daily backups | cPanel Control Panel | Tier III Datacenter
    Follow us on twitter @hostjunkies | 4+ Years in Industry

Hi

the major problem is that when i search for review i find lots of bad reviews about host,so why i pay for annually & then charge-back ?
    i m throwing $2 for testing once i found that host is good & i m not having problem i can pay annually.

<snipped>
    thx
    Last edited by ldcdc; 04-06-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Think your budget is very low to have something decent.

Im sure you can find a web host that will support you on that. But none the less if you had a larger budget the more you could do.

hostbig offers $1/month but its payment mode is yearly. I think no one hosting company will offer you such low prices with per month payment mode. You will have to pay either yearly payment if searching cheap hosting or monthly then hosting price will be more.

You will not be able to find any shared host that can host your image hosting site.Go for a VPS or dedicated server for that type of site.

If you are just testing out your site than i would recommend to go with free hosting.

Some of the free hosts are:-
    x10hosting
    000web host
    byethost

I forgot that this was about an image hosting site. One can't really consider starting such a thing on a $2 shared hosting account.

If you look at hosting offer im sure you can find host that offer montly payments.
    PremiumCoding you recieve a vivid, eye-catching coding solutions.
    Check our latest Wordpress Themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fines View Post
    Think your budget is very low to have something decent.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Windking View Post
    Hi

the major problem is that when i search for review i find lots of bad reviews about host,so why i pay for annually & then charge-back ?
    i m throwing $2 for testing once i found that host is good & i m not having problem i can pay annually.

or anyone here can provide trial for 1 mnth with low price then i would be happy to test it

thx
    Also, remember that it is rare people post positive reviews and when they do they are scrutinized to the point of insanity on this forum. That budget is too low just because of the merchant fees associated with them. At $2 they are losing money already, add into the monthly fees associated they wouldn't be able to survive giving it away at that point.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Try the hosting offers forum, you'll find some in your budget.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

see realisticaly to offer $2 hosting (paid monthly) is going to be a financial no goer

i'm in GBP and pence so give me a to convert

according to xe.com/ucc it works out at

2.00 USD = 1.22949 GBP

take away 3.4% for paypal processing

= 0.042 (four point 2 pence)
    1.23 - 0.04 = 1.19
    - paypals 20 pence (because they can fee)
    =99p ($1.59 in USD)
    to pay $0.41 every month for 12 months is $4.92 in processing fees alone.

this is why alot of hosts give a discount for paying yearly (because paying 20P + 3.4% in one hit saves them alot of money in the long run)

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

$2 month for 1GB storage and 10GB bandwidth is possible. The site should be fine as long as it doesn't use too much of the other resources like CPU/memory, etc.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Hi

If i have to pay $3 or $4 why should i dont go for fatcow ?

why i m here ?

I purchased space in $2 15hr ago but i found that they use suphp & my htacess is not working with them.

i requested refund 5 min ago hope they refund me.

i want to protect my site from hotlinking & also want my site seo friendly so i need both .

Quote Originally Posted by Windking View Post
    Hi

why i m here ?

I purchased space in $2 15hr ago but i found that they use suphp & my htacess is not working with them.

i requested refund 5 min ago hope they refund me.

i want to protect my site from hotlinking & also want my site seo friendly so i need both .
    Most shared hosting providers use suPHP. You may want to consider a VPS so you can choose your own PHP config like CGI or DSO.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Hi

I ordered to jixhost.

Setup is fast & help too, I got error of fraud when i placed order (maxmind error), but jixhost trusted me & confirmed my order so that i made payment,

Server speed are good ,
    But i got problem due to suphp,
    with suphp my htacess file fails & my site gives error 500 internal error.

I was told by jixhost this is due to suphp,
    I searched google to make it compatible but failed.

Finally i request fund from jixhost, which i got.

one thing i dont like that they are not online for chat but placed an image that they are online.

now going to test sum oweb

thx

Hello Windking,

Which provider are you referring to in regards to the order page? A lot of web hosts also eliminate monthly package rates and go with quarterly, semi-annually or annually but your best bet will be to contact your prospective provider.

Because they're slow and because they have this in their TOS:

Hosting space is intended for normal use only, and is limited to Web files, active e-mail and content of the hosted Web sites, not for storage (whether of media, e-mails, or other data). Hosting space further may not be used as offsite storage of electronic files, electronic mail or FTP hosts. You are responsible for removing any files, e-mails or other data which do not meet these requirements, and for adhering to any usage requirements or limits allocated to your account(s). Failure to do so may result in removal and deletion of such materials (including without limitation files and e-mails), and/or in discontinuation of your services or account, which actions we may take in our sole discretion.
    http://www.fatcow.com/legal/legal_useragreement.bml

That doesn't go well with your site's purpose.

Hi

anyone please suggest a good host , Please do not posts offers here i m getting Infractions

thx

Why not check out a host that gives 30 day free trial for the first month and if your not happy you can cancel and if you are happy pay the year off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast