Hybrid View

Help finding the right VPS provider

I am going to be selling web hosting, however its going to be more of a fund raiser type thing. (I run a FREE lineage 2 server, im selling web hosting to try to raise money for the server0

So I need a cheap vps, under $20 that comes with cpanel. and has a decent amount of space and bandwidth.

I am going to host small websites, with maybe some small forums etc... but nothing to big, so know any good hosts?

jvds.com ?

but Im not sure if you can get cPanel along with $20..

$20 for the VPS & Cpanel?
    That is completely unrealistic from any reliable provider, that will still be in business several months later.
    If you get luckly, then you might find a provider to sell such to you at cost, just to build up their reputaton.
    Jump that price up $10, and then you'll be able to find what you are looking for.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Hmmn. Newbie here. Can anybody tell me what's the deal with Cpanel? I mean, does it cost money to the VPS host or is it too difficult for them to manage it?

Question for anyone:

Why do $10 shared reseller accounts come with unlimited cPanel/WHM - but $20 VPS accounts can't offer it?

Originally posted by vonaras
    Question for anyone:

Why do $10 shared reseller accounts come with unlimited cPanel/WHM - but $20 VPS accounts can't offer it?
    Because a shared hosting or reseller account uses the server's license which carries no incremental fee. If you have 2 shared/reseller accounts on the server the server license fee is the same as if you have 2000 shared/reseller accounts on the server. However, every VPS has to have its own license, thus its own fee.
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

Also a 20$ vps will not have so much memory and C-Panel needs at least 128Mb (recommended 256). But at a reseller system with many users the server normaly have 1Gb+ .

Hans

Originally posted by jmwwht
    Hmmn. Newbie here. Can anybody tell me what's the deal with Cpanel? I mean, does it cost money to the VPS host or is it too difficult for them to manage it?
    cPanel / WHM costs money, is the simple answer.

Here a rough cost break down using pubicllay avaiable info

C-Panel VPS license $8
    Virtuozzo License per VE $3.50

So there is $11.50 without even getting cost for RAM, Suport Costs, Transcations charges etc..

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

You will not be able to get a VPS for $20. $35 is a better price, but even then you will find you will need more space/power/bandwidth.