Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    So much for their world class facility in PA... I don't think their new client satisfaction team which they just emailed me about will be able to do much to alleviate this.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJ View Post
    So much for their world class facility in PA... I don't think their new client satisfaction team which they just emailed me about will be able to do much to alleviate this.
    I wish BurstNET would respond to these threads
      0 Not allowed!

As other, I also suspect that BurstNET is already sold which is causing all these moves. Considering what happened with the last move, I would like to say the best of luck to their clients
      0 Not allowed!

I just got off the phone with a BurstNET rep. He confirmed that they are only moving colo customers. Nobody else is being moved at this time. All the VPSes, dedicated serves, and everything else is staying put for now. This only affects colo customers.

They are moving the entire racks, not unracking / re-racking everyone's gear. There's at least one BurstNET tech down in NC right now wiring up the network and the goal is to have a drop-in replacement. The goal is load them up Sunday night, drive down to NC, unload, plug in, and go.

There were some additional details which I'm not at liberty to disclose that make me a little more relaxed about this sudden jarring move. Not happy, just less upset. I made him aware of the thread, so if they feel like disclosing any more info they certainly have a venue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Andrew View Post
    Is this referring to the new facility that they just opened a year ago?
    Yes, in Dunmore. Great facility.

EDIT: Welp, guess I've got to update my sig now!
    Last edited by Dave Likes Coffee; 03-20-2014 at 01:58 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Dave View Post
    I just got off the phone with a BurstNET rep. He confirmed that they are only moving colo customers. Nobody else is being moved at this time. All the VPSes, dedicated serves, and everything else is staying put for now. This only affects colo customers.

They are moving the entire racks, not unracking / re-racking everyone's gear. There's at least one BurstNET tech down in NC right now wiring up the network and the goal is to have a drop-in replacement. The goal is load them up Sunday night, drive down to NC, unload, plug in, and go.

Yes, in Dunmore. Great facility. Not excited about the move, though.

EDIT: Welp, guess I've got to update my sig now!
    Ever thought of looking for a new provider? At this point id personally start getting worried about my businesses future with a provider that makes random changes out of the blue with very little to no warning.
      0 Not allowed!

@FRH Dave

Who did you talk to? I emailed keith last night (only 1 minute after the email got to me, so I know Im one of the first emails he opened up to), opened a ticket, and tried calling them...none of them have got me in touch with anybody.

Did they give you details on the new datacenter?
      0 Not allowed!

That is why I am glad use a real provider. Continuum gave their clients a great notice that they are moving all their clients to the new DC and they are not charging us more for the upgrade. I wish other people could learn from them.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    Ever thought of looking for a new provider? At this point id personally start getting worried about my businesses future with a provider that makes random changes out of the blue with very little to no warning.
    There's never a time when I'm not shopping around with other providers. Keeps our DR plan fresh.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Onra Host View Post
    Who did you talk to? I emailed keith last night (only 1 minute after the email got to me, so I know Im one of the first emails he opened up to), opened a ticket, and tried calling them...none of them have got me in touch with anybody. Did they give you details on the new datacenter?
    That's who I spoke to. I also called and left a voicemail this morning. I got the DC details but I'm not clear on whether I'm at liberty to disclose that information, so I won't. Sorry. They do know this thread exists so if they feel like sharing more information they have a captive audience.

I told them in no uncertain terms that although we've been happy with our service to date, that this throws up red flags left and right. We spoke for about 15 minutes and I got the answers I wanted to hear. Like I said I'm not happy but I'm not as annoyed as I was this morning. IMHO there's no excuse not to provide advance warning to your customers of a change this substantial. But here we are. You either trust them and go along with the move or you jump ship and find a new provider. There is no in-between.
      0 Not allowed!

What details would make this situation any less uneasy? perhaps that is something burst.net should have included in the email?

We get a 10 day notification for colocation move, much like the last time their Dallas DC shutdown notice ( maybe even less than 10 days ).

I emailed Kevin, or whoever it was at the bottom of the notification email and have yet to get a response. I also emailed Benji, no response either. I just called benji and no answer, so I left voice message and asked him to confirm the authenticity of the relocation email, because not only do I have to look for another provider, but also need to arrange to have the equipment shipped there.

So, we are given a 10 day notice, moving our colo'd equiptment from their "Flagship" facility in PA, to some unknown DC in North Carolina. There is absolutely no information provided about the NC DC, from the email, their website, or any references what so ever.

If the colocation email is authentic and true then I must say that I have never seen an ISP act this unprofessional; and it is for this reason I will not trust them to "relocate" any of my equipment. I would advice others not to as well, given their recent history in the past year.
      0 Not allowed!

There's never a time when I'm not shopping around with other providers. Keeps our DR plan fresh.
    Hope others with serious business followed same. It must be scary for everyone owning their hardware over there especially with risk of damages to data.
      0 Not allowed!

There are a few very good colocation providers in the Philly area that would provide great service. If anyone is looking to move I suggest searching around. Personally I would recommend http://www.wcit.net. Good bunch of guys over there.
      0 Not allowed!

And we just received an email that at least one of our leased servers up there is being moved. This definitely affects more than just colocation customers.
      0 Not allowed!

We only have 1 server in Dunmore for a customer of ours who did not want to move out of there for whatever reason. Perhaps this will have them reconsider. We have not had any network issues there, but some tickets (non-critical) seem to disappear and we never get a response. Now this, after Dallas is pretty insane. I am glad we never actively worked with Burst. What a joke.
      0 Not allowed!

And we just received an email that at least one of our leased servers up there is being moved. This definitely affects more than just colocation customers.

------

Is that uneasy feeling coming back?
      0 Not allowed!

So they are moving dedicated clients also?
      0 Not allowed!

We worked pretty actively with Burstnet in the past just very glad we didn't take them up on their offers for Dallas, LA, and Miami. However we had the same issues with non critical tickets going over 3+ days without replies.
    When we started out with Burst everything was great some of the best support we have had replies in minutes remote hands removing ram from one box into another without fee's, then things started going down hill from there. After seeing their UK location sold without much warning or anything it put a bad taste in our mouths, while not having equipment in that location it was a option we had thought about.

I really hope people don't let their gear just get shipped away and are able to find a different provider. I would hate having my equipment moved to a unknown location as it seems currently I would not put it past Burstnet moving all customers into this new location.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Onra Host View Post
    Is that uneasy feeling coming back?
    That's what I was thinking. You sure you want to still trust them?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    Just had an e-mail saying our dedicated server is being moved too - This Sunday - Just 3 days notice

Their e-mail says: "We are moving all of our Dedicated and VPS clients to our new, state-of-the-art Data Center (DC) in North Carolina. "
    Last edited by HappymanUK; 03-20-2014 at 03:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow. No information about the new data center and only three days notice, that's not good. Unfortunately I have experienced botched migrations before, first hand. Three days notice means there is something bad happening and they need to get out while they can.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    In addition to the short notice, there's a forced downtime window. What if someone's running a site that can't be down during those hours?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post

Yes. We just got two emails announcing two of our leased servers are being moved in two days.
      0 Not allowed!

Here's what I've been able to find so far about the new DC. Either way they've lost a customer. I guess ill be running out there tomorrow to pick up my servers

Expect your vps server xxxxx.burst.net to will be offline for 13-15 hours starting on March 22nd, 2014. You should expect that your server will be taken off line at 8PM and will be back on line at approximately March 23rd 10AM.

As you are aware, we have had a few issues with the network at our current Scranton PA facility. After in depth evaluation over the past 90 days, it has been determined that the current facility infrastructure cannot be ameliorated to the point that we require to provide our valued clients the dependability, reliability, and performance they deserve and should expect.

We are moving all of our Dedicated and VPS clients to our new, state-of-the-art Data Center (DC) in North Carolina. Some of the many improvements for you will be:

Tier 3 Data Center in North Carolina
    More Redundant Network - Current state = 2 providers.
    New DC = 9 providers up to 100 GBPS available
    Double the bandwidth capacity of the Scranton PA facility
    Type II audited facility
    Our new facility is on a high priority power grid
    4MW total power
    1+1 generator design
    7 layer security including biometric scanning and PIN Access

During this one time move to increase our service levels and your future performance expect your servers to be offline 13-15 hours on March 22nd 2014. You should expect that your servers will be taken off line at 8PM EST and will be back on line at approximately 10AM March 23rd.

For your inconvenience, we will be discounting your April 2014 invoice by 20%.

To discuss any issues and track your server the day of the move, please log into
    Last edited by splatmatic; 03-20-2014 at 04:04 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Ooo, the new one will be state-of-the-art!

/sarcasm

Is anyone willing to share details of the new DC yet?
      0 Not allowed!

dc74.com is the new DC
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast