Smile dedicated server for streaming video

I am looking for a server to serve streaming video, I plan to use progressive download instead of live streaming, so I don't need a Flash Media Server.

Can anyone recommend a good provider? fast? I am using hivelocity and it's not fast enough to the level of my competitors tho.

Thank you!

What's your budget, expected bandwidth usage, and do you have a preference for where the server should be located?

Speed is one thing, but bandwidth is a huge necessity when it comes to any type of streaming.

When you say fast, are you referring to the network quality or the uplink speed?
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Budget is not a problem.

The speed i mean is the streaming speed. I use flv progressive streaming. I set the bitrate to 200, and the playing is still faster than the buffering. I can't set lower than 200bps because i want to maintain quality.

North America is my target.

Thank you for your info!

You're probably looking for a provider with a central location and a good mix of bandwidth providers.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhale_ca View Post
    I am looking for a server to serve streaming video, I plan to use progressive download instead of live streaming, so I don't need a Flash Media Server.

Can anyone recommend a good provider? fast? I am using hivelocity and it's not fast enough to the level of my competitors tho.

Thank you!
    Please shoot me an email or PM with your server information. I can have one of our network engineers look into your speed issues. We can probably tweak some things to help you out.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

200kbps is pretty poor. Just about any provider can do better than that within the US and usually worldwide as well. I'd venture a guess there's a problem with your server or the particular segment of their network you're on. Your server could also be overloaded if you're loading a lot of simultaneous streams off of a slow hard disk.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

You should look at the CDN system from softlayer. It's quite good for what you need
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

You might want to look at your network settings to see if you are receiving any errors on the card.
    » ReliableServers.com
    » Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS
    » 973-849-0535