"server role details" in 2003 for game server

Hi, everyone... another game server noob here to ask a few questions, I'm trying to set up a poweredge 1950 server for gaming to have colocated somewhere in US, ( I have the server in Hawaii right now with horrible pings to everyone ) I pretty much will just be running one COD5 game in it for now with possibly adding more later if I can get it running smoother.. I've never owned a rack server or messed with server 2003 OS which I did manage to install along with drivers ect to get the box working in my house so far.. my main question is what "server role details" in server 2003 should I set for the box or is that really needed, I'll be also running VNC program and firedameon besides the COD5 but only those 3 programs really.. this is just a private personal game server no panel software or nothing, any advice from anyone? any settings in server 2003 to set correctly? I've already set system properties processor scheduling to "programs" and memory usage to "programs"... thats about the only other info I've found for a game server optimisation..... thanks for any replies aloha, Del

If you're running a game server you probably don't require any of the 'roles' bundled with win2k3. I've used tightvnc server extensively on win2k3 platforms. The rest of your services will be run through your game server setup. Hope this helps!
    -cheers
    Virtual Mac OS X -- Reliable, affordable, Mac OS X Server, Xcode Developer, Personal Desktop and Workgroup Solutions.
    Fontis Publishing has been in business since 1996 offering unique solutions in Web, Print and Video!

is "tightvnc" better for server 2003 than regular vnc? not too familiar with either programs but thanks for the reply.. hoping to ship this server next few days to dallas, any other "must do" tips for a game server on 2003 apreciated... thanks..

i recommend tight vnc
    TechWacky - The Social Tech Guide - HERE
    Currently operate servers with: Wholesale Internet, EvoSwitch, DataShack
    _) Previous servers: Limestone Networks, RapidSwitch, Poundhost, TailorMadeServers, JoesDC

thanks for the replies.. after reading more in this forum I think I'm gonna scrap running 2003 x32 all together and upgrade to 2008 x64.. I got 8 gigs of ram installed and 2 duo 3.7 dempsy's I plan to install and just want to be sure its gonna use all that ram.. anyone know if COD5 runs better in a x64 platform? sorry for all the random questions... once I send this out its gonna be hard to change anything so I want to make the best decisions here..

Theoretically cod5 would run the same on x64 as x86 as cod5 doesn't require more a few hundred megabytes of ram. However, you can run more stuff on that server if you can use all of your ram. For source games, cod games etc, not sure if you'll even use all your ram, but you definitely would if it were a running a few medium sized minecraft servers.
    -Ryan K
    Quality Minecraft hosting at a price you can afford!
    Managed Dedicated and VPS hosting.
    evlbox.com