Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

platinumservermanagement

If Blasphemy in my religion was not a sin then i would call them all gods!

Im Very impressed and Amazed with PSP, Just been with them for around couple of weeks now and i'm very impressed

Just a low down of what they have done and what tickets i have opened!

I got myself a new Server - i asked them to setup it including nameservers etc then next morning i get this through my inbox

The following is a list of software and configurations that we have now installed to secure, optimize and harden your server. The following software is not resource intensive, therefore you will not see any decrease in performance.

We've installed CHKRootKit, which is a program that looks for known signatures in trojaned system binaries, it basically detects if your system has been compomised. We've ran CHKRootKit on your system and the output returned clean.

We've installed Rootkit Hunter, which is scanning tool to find most types of exploits (backdoors, suspicious files, md5 hash comparisons, and is over 99% accurate in detecting such exploits. We've scanned your system with the Rootkit Hunter and it reported that your system is clean.

APF Firewall has been installed and configured to only allow traffic on the ports that are used.
    In addition, we've configured the Anti-DOS function in APF. This additional module helps mitigate and prevent certain types of DOS (denial of service) attacks to your server. A daily cron has been inserted to flush the firewall deny list. This prevents common problems associated with the deny list growing so huge, such as hanging upon bootup, slow down in server performance, etc.

BFD (Brute Force Detection) has been installed. This program works real time in conjunction with APF firewall to block any IP Addresses of users that fail authentication more than 3 times in 10 minutes.

Logwatch has been installed now. This program parses through your server's logs and reports to you via e-mail on a daily basis with tabulated information.

SIM (System Integrity Monitor) has been installed on your server now, this software checks all services 24x7 and restarts them if they are down. An e-mail is dispatched a downed service is detected and restarted.

Apache (HTTPD) web server has been optimized and secured. For extra http/php security, we can install mod_security if you would like, it is not installed by default because it can interfere with certain common functions. If you would like mod_security installed, just let us know and we'll be more than glad to install this for you.

MySQL Server has been optimized to perform at it's best under the most common and standard environments.

System Configuration File host.conf has been secured and hardened to prevent DNS lookup poisoning and also provide protection against spoofs.

System Configuration File nsswitch.conf has been secured and hardened. We have also optimized it to perform DNS lookups more efficiently.

System Configuration File sysctl.conf has been secured and hardened to help prevent the TCP/IP stack from syn-flood attacks. It is also configured to prevet other various and similar network abuse.

All of your vulnerable directories (/tmp, /var/tmp, /dev/shm and /usr/local/apache/proxy) have been reviewed and are clean now.

/tmp and /var/tmp have been hardened and secured to prevent the execution of malicious scripts

The old archived logs files that have been rotated located in /var/log have been removed to free up space in the /var partition/directory.

MyTOP has been installed. This is an administrative console based tool for monitoring MySQL threads/processes and performance.

We have setup a root login notification script and logger. This will send an e-mail to 'root' everytime someone logs into your server as root. Also, it will keep track of all logins in a history file located in /var/log/rootlogins

SPRI has been installed now. This program changes the priority of different processes in accordance to their level of importance. You should see at least a 5-20% decrease in the average load level of your server on average.

We have disabled the Mchat, Cgiecho, Cgiemail, Guestbook, Counter and Formmails from CPanel's system wide cgi-sys directory. The are the most commonly exploited scripts since they are in the same location on every CPanel server in the world.
    !!IMPORTANT!!: If any of your users are using any of those programs, they will no longer work. If you want us to re-enable them, just let us know.

Unused programs have been disabled from the OS of your server. This reduces the chance of being compromised through software exploits on old or deprecated programs.

MultiTail has been installed and gives you the ability to tail (view realtime activity) multiple log files simultaneously.

PHPSysInfo has been installed. This is a GUI (graphical user interface) to your server's vital statistics. You can view it by going to http://0.0.0.0:2086/phpsysinfo-dev/index.php
    Replace 0.0.0.0 with your own server's IP Address. You will have to enter your root login information to gain access as it is protected under your root WHM login.

Telnet has been disabled to prevent insecure transmissions of data and passwords, SSH must be used instead of Telnet, and functions the same way.

SSH has been hardened by restricting the SSH Protocol to SSH 2. SSH will still function the same way, just more secure. If you would like your ssh port changed, or direct root login disabled, just let us know and we'll be more than glad to do this for you.

Fileman (Filemanager developed by gossamer-threads.com) has been installed into WHM with root level permissions. This allows system root files to be edited in an emergency situation when SSH is not accessible. You can access Fileman by going to http://0.0.0.0:2086/fileman/fileman.cgi
    Replace 0.0.0.0 with your own server's IP Address. You will have to enter your root login information to gain access as it is protected under your root WHM login.
    !!IMPORTANT!! This simulates SSH access, treat it as such, do not use it unless you are familiar with SSH. Moreover, do not execute any commands you are not fluent with. As with SSH, damage can be done if Fileman is not used properly. If you are unfamiliar with SSH, do NOT use this program. It should be left in case of such an emergency.
    Again, this file can only be accessed through WHM while being logged in as root.

Shell Fork Bomb/Memory Hog Protection has been enabled. Fork Bomb/Memory Hog protection will prevent users logged into a shell (ssh/telnet) from using up all the resources on the server and causing a crash.

Background Process Killer has been enabled to kill any of the following which are commonly recognized bad processes: BitchX, bnc, eggdrop, generic-sniffers, guardservices, ircd, psyBNC, ptlink and related services.

A warning message has been created for the SSH login welcome screen. Any user that logs into your server via SSH, will see a message stating SSH is for authorized users only, and any unauthorized access will be reported to the law enforcement authorities.

Your FTP server software has been upgraded and secured.

We've ran and simulated a basic password scan hack attempt, the results have been emailed to 'root' and a copy of the results have been saved on your server at /root/security/passwordscanner.output

If you would like any other security software installed, just let us know and we'll be more than glad to do so.
    Im Like WOW!

Next Ticket I opened was for them to install Cpanel and Apache!

That got taken care of!!!

I then asked if they can move accounts over from one server to another server totalling 25GIG in Total - after several attempts of it failing (due to low diskspace etc) they managed to do it in the end - despite it failing they kept at it!

I then asked them to configure/ mount and format secondary Hard disk for backups this was done rapid!

Then i had awfully high loads on the server hitting 20.0 + at any one time i asked them to investigate it now sure what they did but next day loads are now below 1 which is making surfing heaven!

Thats all so far i've opened up it seems they do anything and im very impressed with them so far!!

We also use platinumservermanagement and we are a very happy customer here
    Anytime I purchase a new server I also have them do the setup on my server and from then on it's like smooth sailing... except for when I mess something up.. my fault

They have a customer here for life!!THANKS PSM!!

Would like to hear more. About their turnaround times in weekends and after office hours.

I just logged a ticket with them Sunday 16:08PM GMT time, one of my services is down so far its taken then 2 minutes to acknowledge the problem and about 10mins to resolve it

Few weeks ago i logged a ticket 05:30am EDT time, got a response within 30mins so its pretty good so far

Too good to be true.

Great going PSM.

I have the same great experience with them! Never had to look for another server management company. Adding a second server to my account with them later today!

Wanted to come back and give an update. I would like to take back my last comment and say that PSM has gone down hill with a quickness. I now have a spam abuse ticket that has been opened for over a week and untouched for the last 24 hours with me asking if this has been checked into. I have a problem on my server and they dont seem to care to help get this fixed.

The past few months all my responses on my tickets have been very templated and when asked for a further explanation on something I all I get is another templated response. Im starting to think if the price of 29 a month is even worth that? I rarely open tickets and ones that I do are 5 min jobs at most.

Im going to browse the site and look for some other alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by fluentd View Post
    I now have a spam abuse ticket that has been opened for over a week and untouched for the last 24 hours with me asking if this has been checked into.
    I don't know what ticket you are referring to or even what your username is, but it is absolutely impossible that you have a ticket opened for a week that has been untouched. Please open a ticket to the feedback department letting me know what the ticket number is so I can see what is going on.

I also would like to encourage the rest of the posters here to post an update on their experience with us, because I am confident that our service has not gone downhill, and to the contrary has only improved. You may have an issue at this time, but if you don't bring it to our attention and only complain about it here, then there's nothing we can do about it to improve. You obviously have no intention of getting it resolved, and only want to vent your frustration, and I'm sorry to see that.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

A few of our dedicated server clients have been using webbycart.com and have told us that they have good success with them for server management. I checked and looks like they have a $25 per server promotion in the server management offers section of WHT. But I'm just going with what some of our clients are saying, I haven't personally experienced their service.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

Ticket was opened on the 15th, last reply was the 20th. I replied yesterday asking if anyone has taken look. I would like to get this handled as my hosting company is becoming agitated.

I am using them I don't know how many years, they always kept their promises, which is response in 6 hours and resolution in 24 hours. Actually most of the time tickets are resolved within an hour or so.
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Ticket was opened on the 15th, last reply was the 20th. I replied yesterday asking if anyone has taken look. I would like to get this handled as my hosting company is becoming agitated.
    Without a username or ticket number, I still do not know what ticket you are referring to, and I still say that it is absolutely impossible that there was no reply from the 15th to the 20th. In fact, I am so sure of this, that if you show me the ticket where there was no response for 5 days, I will give you "TRIPLE" your money back for the entire month!
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

I never said there was no response I said there was no resolution, and no response since the 20th.

if you would like to check it.

Ticket # 6054361985

The average response and resolution to every ticket that you have submitted is under 1 hour. That ticket you are referring to was resolved several days ago. You re-opened it days later with new spam complaints that we have been investigating, and that was already updated again earlier today.

Anyways im not going to argue, it was sitting there for 2+ days until today after I came on here. Then it was responded with a directory where the spam was coming from in a directory that I had already deleted.

Anyways im not going to argue, it was sitting there for 2+ days until today after I came on here. Then it was responded with a directory where the spam was coming from in a directory that I had already deleted.
    I'm not trying to argue either, I am only clarifying the clearly false statements and accusations that you are making. Obviously for some reason you are intent on hurting us by continuing here and I'm truly saddened to see someone do that when we are trying to help them.

Ok well I appreciate you getting this issue taken care of...

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    Without a username or ticket number, I still do not know what ticket you are referring to, and I still say that it is absolutely impossible that there was no reply from the 15th to the 20th. In fact, I am so sure of this, that if you show me the ticket where there was no response for 5 days, I will give you "TRIPLE" your money back for the entire month!
    Do I get the same deal? If I show you a ticket of mine that was not responded to in 5 days, will you "TRIPLE" my money back for the entire month?
    <<I don't need no stinking rules for signature setup!>>

I used this company and decided to cancel them, the way they solve the problems is mostly superficial, if there is a problem with any service they mostly try to solve it by reinstalling the service, there is no log investigation at all and they disregard the customer opinions.

They installed my server and left an error in the nameservers configuration, I opened multiple tickets asking them to investigate the issue of intermitent failure on some sites, I had to open various tickets here on WHT and solve the problem by myself.

The same problem happened on another problem, I concluded they solve the problems using the magical /scripts/upcp command.

I don't recommend this company.

I have been using platinumservermanagement for awhile now and I've never had any problems at all. Any ticket I have submitted is always resolved within the time they guarantee. My tickets have always been resolved within 2-3 hours. The tickets are always fixed completely like I expected and I'm a very happy customer that they will have for life.

Thanks PSM!! You guys Rock!!

I have been using PSM for around 8 months now and in that time they have never failed to impress me. They have always been prompt with their responses and resolutions to my problems. I would recommend anyone looking for a management company take a look at them. They are always quick just to answer questions and give suggestions as to how you might approach different things on your servers, nameservers, backup solutions, os choices etc. Thanks Guys.

John Patton
    Great Plains Web Hosting
    Providing Small Business Solutions
    Hosting For Your Small Business

Very good company, know their stuff. Their monitoring service is top notch as well.

they are good but the service is not professional . i offer you to look for a professional company if you are looking for a professional service. installing firewall / etc is automatically done by a installer script.
    you can use whmextra it can better help you than PSM!
    Hostiran Networks - Dedicated Server in IRAN - VPS Hosting in IRAN - IR Domain Registration

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    The average response and resolution to every ticket that you have submitted is under 1 hour.
    That's normal; each ticket opening coming with a auto response. So, you can always saying that your response is very fast or at least in one hour. However I’m very glad that I have leave PSM after one month.

Not only PlatinumServerManagement “service” sucks; I have now a better and more secure server hardening thanks SeeksAdmin. All tickets are now really solve in less than a half hour and I got always a nice professional and friendly response. Sorry, I can’t say that from PSM. If you tell the true, you are abusing the staff…

Also I’m still waiting for more than 3 weeks for my refund.
    Online power for online people!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDot View Post
    That's normal; each ticket opening coming with a auto response. So, you can always saying that your response is very fast or at least in one hour. However I’m very glad that I have leave PSM after one month.

Not only PlatinumServerManagement “service” sucks; I have now a better and more secure server hardening thanks SeeksAdmin. All tickets are now really solve in less than a half hour and I got always a nice professional and friendly response. Sorry, I can’t say that from PSM. If you tell the true, you are abusing the staff…

Also I’m still waiting for more than 3 weeks for my refund.
    I have to agreed with you. i tried to sign up last night at 9 oclock, and its been 26 hours i still havent got my id and password. Please Just Return My MOney PSM !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast