RegisterFly question

A few days ago, I transferred a domain from GoDaddy to RegisterFly. I guess I should have done my research, because it looks like RF sucks even worse than GoDaddy, with all the renewal problems and all that. But since this domain name was never at eNom, like domains people were having problems renewing, will I have to worry in a year when the domain is up for renewal? I really could care less about the support and how much it blows, I don't need it. I just want to make sure I don't lose the domains. Thanks

Best advice is to now wait 60 days (you must do this with any registrar) then transfer somewhere else !

What problems did you have with Godaddy because I have been slowly transfering my doms AWAY from regfly to Godaddy... ouch ?

Quote Originally Posted by crdr
    What problems did you have with Godaddy because I have been slowly transfering my doms AWAY from regfly to Godaddy... ouch ?
    Despite unsubscribing many times, and my emails to customer service being ignored, GoDaddy kept spamming me with their damn ads and newsletters. I figured I would rather not do business with them, but it seems like so far I may have made a mistake :\

You can probably turn the email reminders and newsletters off in godaddy...

There is a similar option for this I saw once somewhere in the regfly panel (might be the reason you missed your renewal email ?)

emails to customer service being ignored
    Well, my correspondance with Godaddy to date (and Ive only been with them a few months) has generally been within the hour... a change from the 3-4 day wait - if ever, that I get from REGFLY - and godady seem to be able to understand more than a simple sentence !

There is a similar option for this I saw once somewhere in the regfly panel (might be the reason you missed your renewal email ?)
    I tried that to no avail. I'm sick of Godaddy.

I never missed anything from regfly. My domain's been there a week, if that. I just want to know if I will have problems since I was never with RF when they were an eNom reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by t325
    Despite unsubscribing many times, and my emails to customer service being ignored, GoDaddy kept spamming me with their damn ads and newsletters. I figured I would rather not do business with them, but it seems like so far I may have made a mistake :\
    With RegisterFly, their ads will spam you even you have unsuscribed.
    Also when your domain is near to renewal, even you have already transfered them out, you will get RF renewal notice every day. It's my experience.

p.s: To get faster respond, you should use RapidResponse, the unique department where you can get response under 12 hrs.

Their panel is incomplete.

I never missed anything from regfly. My domain's been there a week, if that. I just want to know if I will have problems since I was never with RF when they were an eNom reseller.
    Well I dont know... but Ive been with RF for years and its just getting worse than ever in my opinion.

The problems Im having now are with domains that arent registered to enom... they are registered fully to RF (they were transfered before I realised what was happening at start of year)... so the enom safety net that used to exist is now gone.

Also, have you tried putting anything in your cart with regfly the last few days ?
    its all buggered up. Cant actually purchase or renew a domain most of the time, or the site times out, or the CSS styling is all over the place and you cant read the page, or....

I dont mind a few spam emails... its the paying for something and getting nowhere with no-one giving a stuff that you are having serious issues after paying good money that really sucks...

Also when your domain is near to renewal, even you have already transfered them out, you will get RF renewal notice every day. It's my experience.
    Yep - i can confirm that... I transfered about 20 domains away from them 2-3 months ago and Im still getting renewal reminders from them.

LOL - has anyone noticed that they pre-tick the email renewals hoping that you will just push the send button ?
    I wonder what would happen if I did that ie: tried to renew a domain with them that I have already transfered elsewhere?

Hey, I even have domains in my account that they wouldnt renew over six months ago - with next years expiry dates, yet I dont own them.... and Im sick of demanding that someone look into the problems with my account cause they basically dont give a stuff !

It's their renewal system which is broken. Best advice you can get it to transfer the domain away after the 60 day waiting period. Their transfer system works flawlessly
    Signature Under Construction.

If you transfer all your domains away from RF which seems to be the latest trend just make sure you go into your account when you finish and change your email to a hotmail one etc so you won't get their spam even after you transfered all your domains away.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    Their transfer system works flawlessly
    Actually, it's broken too! But that is good, no interference with the transfer outs ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hosting
    If you transfer all your domains away from RF which seems to be the latest trend just make sure you go into your account when you finish and change your email to a hotmail one etc so you won't get their spam even after you transfered all your domains away.
    Replace your email with their email address!

They put their name, address and email in your registrations don't they ;-)

-larry