Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stay Away MediaTemple.net

On 02/07/2014 I bought a domain name in the promotion of mediatemple.net.
    After I registered it and make the payment I have received a confirmation email.
    The next day I checked my bank account (attact on my post) and my money was deducted for payment.
    I contacted the department of MediaTemple.net business in many ways but not heard back, after 1 day i meet sale dept and he said they should register my registration is delayed and will be registered on the same day.
    Today my domain name has not yet been registered, and I could not communicate with them.

Not only me but there are also so many people should be wary mediatemple.net

Everyone beware with this company

P/s: Sorry for my english i use google translate. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

Chat with Sale Dept.
    Tony NguyenSales Consultant

Tony NguyenHi, how can I assist you today?

Tran Quang Hung paid money and don't get anything ?

don't register for me ?

Tony NguyenYour payment is pending

Tran Quang Hung more 5 day

Tony NguyenYou will have to wait for our verify team to get back to you

10:35 pm Tran Quang Hung your team

don't reply anything

you got money on 2/7/2014

10:36 pm why do i have to wait after that ?

i will post to webhosting talk this company

Quote Originally Posted by hungweb View Post
    On 02/07/2014 I bought a domain name in the promotion of mediatemple.net.
    After I registered it and make the payment I have received a confirmation email.
    The next day I checked my bank account (attact on my post) and my money was deducted for payment.
    I contacted the department of MediaTemple.net business in many ways but not heard back, after 1 day i meet sale dept and he said they should register my registration is delayed and will be registered on the same day.
    Today my domain name has not yet been registered, and I could not communicate with them.

Not only me but there are also so many people should be wary mediatemple.net

Everyone beware with this company

P/s: Sorry for my english i use google translate. Thanks
    We're very sorry to hear you had an experience like this. Sometimes when we run promotions like this, we receive a very high number of domain registrations and it takes some time to process them all. This is most likely the cause for your delay - either that or there was some complication with your payment. I can not be completely sure without knowing the details of your account number or the domain you attempted to register.

You are more than welcome to private message me any of the above info and I can look deeper into it, however, please be advised that we try not to handle support related inquiries on public forums, so I would like to move this to phone, chat or Twiter if there proves to be a payment complication.
    Media Temple Customer Support
    Webhosting @ http://mediatemple.net

Great to know this has been cleared out.

I sent some email to verify@mediatemple.net with order number but don't get any reply. You can see my attach, i paid for my Order# 1305791

Now --> Not resolve

I am sorry to hear your experience, media template is old here and its popular here.

I'm sure they will take care of your issue, MT is a reputable brand.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

media temple also takes support requests via social media (at least use to pre acquisition). I have used that to get fast responses.

Quote Originally Posted by verticalswitch View Post
    media temple also takes support requests via social media (at least use to pre acquisition). I have used that to get fast responses.
    Can u give me link social media? I contact MT throw email but don't have any respone to now

I suggest you to send a private message to Matt. Also find the social media accounts as follow:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mediatemple
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mediatemple
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

For help it was actually this on twitter...

https://twitter.com/mediatemplehelp

Like I said this doesnt look as active the past couple of months. There use to be alot of activity on this.

Here is an article about how they handle the load and the details of how it works.

http://www.sparkcentral.com/clients/media-temple/

I use to work closely with MT and they really were top notch for customer service. Again, I dont know much about them after the sale to Go Daddy last year. I hope their customer service mentality has not gone down hill.

Sorry folks, but if you are offering a domain registration and you ensure your customer that he will get same day activation - you should activate it as promised.
    If you are having difficulties handling promo registrations, you should be considering your promotions better.
    3 days to register a domain is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by iClickAndHost View Post
    Sorry folks, but if you are offering a domain registration and you ensure your customer that he will get same day activation - you should activate it as promised.
    If you are having difficulties handling promo registrations, you should be considering your promotions better.
    3 days to register a domain is too much.
    More than 9 days, i don't understand what is MT doing.
    I Can talk only "BAD SERVICE I EVER MEET"

More than 9 days, i don't understand what is MT doing.
    I Can talk only "BAD SERVICE I EVER MEET"
    Hi hungweb, I'm sorry to hear you're so displeased with us. I can assure you that delays like this are quite rare. I misspoke earlier when I said an increase in domain registration may have caused the delay, this was pure speculation and not a very smart one on my part because all [successful] domains orders during our recent promo have been instant.

The cause for your delay is clear to me now that you PM'd me your order number and I was able to look it up in our system. Unfortunately, I can not mention specifics on your order, account, or payment method here on a public forum but our verify team has already sent you a message with more information on why your order did not process and what you can do to get the order approved. We went ahead and sent you another message with this same information just now. So please keep an eye out for that and we can get this all wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by verticalswitch View Post
    For help it was actually this on twitter...

https://twitter.com/mediatemplehelp

Like I said this doesnt look as active the past couple of months. There use to be alot of activity on this.

Here is an article about how they handle the load and the details of how it works.

http://www.sparkcentral.com/clients/media-temple/

I use to work closely with MT and they really were top notch for customer service. Again, I dont know much about them after the sale to Go Daddy last year. I hope their customer service mentality has not gone down hill.
    Thanks for the comment. @MediaTempleHelp is still very active. When checking on our Twitter profile, click "tweets and replies" and you'll see we handle A LOT of support through there now! It has proven to be a great way to reach us

mediatemple.net I can't wait, i paid money and u ask me government-issued photo ID i sent. But i still don't get anything from u

"This is the worst service I have ever seen"

Ask for a refund and register with another domain register

I'd move away and go to one of the more mainstream providers...

mediatemple.net I can't wait, i paid money and u ask me government-issued photo ID i sent. But i still don't get anything from u

"This is the worst service I have ever seen"
    Hi hungweb. I'm sorry that this is the worst service you've ever seen. I have responded to your PM. Your order will be refunded and you will see the money back on your account.

Me too

I registered a domain 2 weeks ago, they send me an email to verify that I made payment successfully. But 3 days later I didn't receive any more infomation. I sent them an email to ask, they replied:

"I apologize for the delay, this must have been delayed due to the national holiday here in the US. That being said, we are in receipt of your Domain Registration order.

Unfortunately, your order was not processed because we need to verify some information before proceeding. Once we have verified this order, your pending account will be processed and the Account Welcome email will be sent.

Please email a scanned or photograph copy of your government issued ID ( front and back ) to verify@mediatemple.net along with your order number."

then I send them my government issued ID ( front and back ), since then they disapeared, I sent them more several emails but get no replies.

It's been 2 week. I ask some of my friends and they tell me that they face same problem.

I can't understand what (mt) think about "registering domain" when everyone needs quick and instant activation of domain so that other cannot steal it ???

Everyone please be aware with (mt)

P/s: Sorry for my english not good.

victims of (mt) are talking for same problems here

chiasecoupon.com/others/ten-mien-cac-loai-chi-1-trong-1-ngay-duy-nhat.html/comment-page-1/#comments

and I belive still somewhere many other victims face this problem.

what a ****in service!

Quote Originally Posted by xyoz View Post
    victims of (mt) are talking for same problems here

chiasecoupon.com/others/ten-mien-cac-loai-chi-1-trong-1-ngay-duy-nhat.html/comment-page-1/#comments

and I belive still somewhere many other victims face this problem.

what a ****in service!
    Hi xyoz.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to publicly comment on why your specific order did not go through. This would require me to comment on account specific information which can be a security risk.

However, I can say that sometimes we do ask customers to send in additional materials to verify their order. If the customer sends in these materials and we are still unable to process their order, then it usually means that we were unable to conclude the order was not fraud.

When this happens, we notify the customer and always return the money. We absolutely always return the money. If you do not see the money back in on your card or bank account, please message me your order number right away and I will promptly investigate.

ok. I'll wait till the money back. and I'll calculate how long and show my order process here to everybody.
    thanks matt
    Quote Originally Posted by (mt) matt View Post
    When this happens, we notify the customer and always return the money. We absolutely always return the money. If you do not see the money back in on your card or bank account, please message me your order number right away and I will promptly investigate.

update:

today, still nothing happens ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast