Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    We are currently working on a massive migration and doing our best to get your servers online ASAP. Please bear with us a little more and we will notify you once it's complete. Thank you for your patience.

- whpsupport
    Its just great... : /
    They should write some e-mail one week before
    and they didnt inform customers what they are do
    They write "HD Failure" or "Migration"
    they are funny...
      0 Not allowed!

Uhg.. I still have three servers with them.

One of them is down.

Their support system is out of disk space and giving errors.
      0 Not allowed!

I really feel for you guys! Reading this thread had made my stomach turn! The head honcho in charge should magically "disappear". Oh how I wish I knew who he was or where he lived!

JE
      0 Not allowed!

* My god, they wiped it!

Just received this from managed.com / webhostplus.com support

Hi Matt,

It appears that your server was "migrated" with the wrong data set, and that
    your system's data was lost. All we can do at this point is to install a new
    system on your server. I apologize for the data loss. Let us know what OS and
    configuration you desire.

Regards,
    Steve
    What the hell am I supposed to do now?

Matt.
      0 Not allowed!

look for another company like me ;-)
      0 Not allowed!

Thats a big lie...

Quote Originally Posted by user314
    this is the last communication that i've had with managed:

It looks like we will need to reinstall your server as drive has failed.
    What OS and Control panel would you like to have?
    Date:01/05/2006 2:36

After that... the silence...
    I Had received the same email. Seems an entire data center just dissapeared... Yeah right... They must take us all for fools, I think that is the worst part about all of this.
      0 Not allowed!

Me too?

My server has been down since approximately 9:30 AM on Saturday, the 29th.

I called WHP several times yesterday. After speaking to a couple of different support people, I was told there were 30 people in line ahead of me, and that I should email "whpsupport@webhostplus.com". I received an email reply back about 30 minutes later, and was told that a reboot request had been sent to managed.com for my server.

Other servers in the subnet (65.75.136.x) were responding to pings, but not mine.

They also mentioned that the mysql insert errors that some of us had been getting from emailing support@managed.com were the result of the table being full. I guess we brought down their support system with our tickets, eh?

As of this morning, the server is still not up, and I have received no update from either webhostplus or managed folks.

I tried calling their support line this morning, but they are no longer even using their voice mail tree to keep people updated. All I get is "press 0 to leave a message or wait on the line for someone to get to your call as soon as possible".

I'm going back to serverbeach myself.
      0 Not allowed!

I am wondering why dont you all move your servers to someone else (once they are accessably again) ?
    A few days of downtime is something unacceptable
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper
      0 Not allowed!

I called and talked to a billing person. During the conversation he stated that they bought managed.com a few months ago but managed was support was suppose to be doing the support for "X" months. Managed is still suppose to be doing the support but webhostplus can't seem to locate any of the managed staff and that is why the support tickets are going unanswered.

Who knows what the real truth is.

A bit of good news, you can call them and they will credit your account for the days you are down. They gave me $9.40 per day.

I only have one server up as of now. The guy in billing said he would check on the other servers. He also said "I just hope they haven't been wiped clean" ... me too!

He also stated that they sent everyone an email telling them they were going to do a migration that might take the servers offline for 3-5 days. Did you not get that email? I didn't either.
      0 Not allowed!

Server back up...

Who knows for how long?

I received an email about a month ago, saying they were going to do a migration at some point in the future, and that they needed my root password.

I didn't hear anything about a date for the migration as a follow-up after that.
      0 Not allowed!

My server on 65.75.129._ traces to NJ and has been there for quite some time.

It dissapeared from view sometime early yesterday. I'd forgotten to pay the invoice, but didn't receive any reminders or any cut-off warnings. I paid it last night but the server is still down so maybe the non-payment isn't the reason.

Multiple supprt tickets are being ignored. They have a SECOND ticket system at billing.managed.com but I've NEVER had any luck with that one.

The server is a solid build and is not heavily used so it shouldn't have gone down by itself.

This is ridiculous.

Yikes. No servers on that Class C appear to be responding. :O

Crap.

All online support services down.

Anyone in NJ close to the data centre wanna go around there with a baseball bat and get some action?

Managed.com
    2115 Linwood Ave. 5th floor
    Fort Lee NJ 07024

SOmeone in the USA care to courier them a flaming bag of dog ****?
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 05-03-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Puenil
    bit of good news, you can call them and they will credit your account for the days you are down. They gave me $9.40 per day.
    What number did you call about this? My server's been offline since Friday...
      0 Not allowed!

Well, finally heard from their support system...

"We are currently working on a massive migration and doing our best to get your servers online ASAP. Please bear with us a little more and we will notify you once it's complete. Thank you for your patience.

- whpsupport"

Sheesh. I'm so thankfull you've had my server offline for over 24 hours without any warning it was going to happen!

Idiots.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

Anything webhostplus touches it turns from Gold to Dust in seconds. From inside sources WHP are in a mess they are loosing Hundreds of Thousands of $$$$ and only 35% of clients are riding this mess out. Note: 35% is a estimate he didnt sit there and work it out hehehe.

I have had many good experiences with WHP but many bad ones, cant fault there hardware or network but People 2 People stuff you can think again.

Hope this Helps

Jamie
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info
      0 Not allowed!

I drove down to the Managed data center today at 55 S Market in San Jose. I have 3 servers there that have been down since last Friday.

The receptionist was very nice, and agreed to call their local contact, who (surprise!) didn't answer. However, rather than giving up, she asked a security guard to go up there and see if he could find someone to help me. The guard returned with a guy named Patrick from Akanoc. According to him, Managed was owned by Akanoc, and was reselling their servers and bandwidth. Akanoc recently sold Managed to another company, who sold them again to WebHostPlus -- which explains several name changes on the billing side.

Patrick also said that as far as he can tell, all of the servers are still there. He said he heard that the hardware wasn't included in the sale, though he wasn't 100% sure about that.

BTW, if you go to akanoc.com, click on "English", then on "Hosting", you will see a price list that looks an awful lot like the one from Managed.

FWIW, like the rest of you, I received a very strange email asking for the root / admin password for all of my machines, because of an upcoming migration. I submitted many tickets asking for more details and for a date, but never received any response until I threatened to leave (oh, how I wish I had actually left and not just threatened to!), at which time Leonid responded that he would have some new servers set up for me, so that I could move my data myself. You can guess what happened next: no further response from Leonid or anyone else. No new servers, all data suddenly inaccessible.

I ordered my new servers today. I can recover from backups, but it will probably take a week to get everything re-installed and propertly configured. $9.40 per day compensation? What a horrible joke! This disaster could easily cost me $10K or more.
      0 Not allowed!

Patrick is Head of Sales at DediWebHost, he is a good guy and sounds like he cleared a few things up for you.
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info
      0 Not allowed!

This might bring an interesting situation where they can't migrate all servers because they don't have root on them, and can't actually get to the servers anymore becuase they belong to someone else.

We might be needing to know who the new owner is to be able to get at data.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyJr
    I drove down to the Managed data center today at 55 S Market in San Jose. I have 3 servers there that have been down since last Friday.

The receptionist was very nice, and agreed to call their local contact, who (surprise!) didn't answer. However, rather than giving up, she asked a security guard to go up there and see if he could find someone to help me. The guard returned with a guy named Patrick from Akanoc. According to him, Managed was owned by Akanoc, and was reselling their servers and bandwidth. Akanoc recently sold Managed to another company, who sold them again to WebHostPlus -- which explains several name changes on the billing side.

Patrick also said that as far as he can tell, all of the servers are still there. He said he heard that the hardware wasn't included in the sale, though he wasn't 100% sure about that.

BTW, if you go to akanoc.com, click on "English", then on "Hosting", you will see a price list that looks an awful lot like the one from Managed.

FWIW, like the rest of you, I received a very strange email asking for the root / admin password for all of my machines, because of an upcoming migration. I submitted many tickets asking for more details and for a date, but never received any response until I threatened to leave (oh, how I wish I had actually left and not just threatened to!), at which time Leonid responded that he would have some new servers set up for me, so that I could move my data myself. You can guess what happened next: no further response from Leonid or anyone else. No new servers, all data suddenly inaccessible.

I ordered my new servers today. I can recover from backups, but it will probably take a week to get everything re-installed and propertly configured. $9.40 per day compensation? What a horrible joke! This disaster could easily cost me $10K or more.

I am still waiting for the new server promised by Leonid as well. It has been a few days since his last email. I will be terminating if i do not get any reply by today.
      0 Not allowed!

"Patrick also said that as far as he can tell, all of the servers are still there. He said he heard that the hardware wasn't included in the sale, though he wasn't 100% sure about that."

That explains why all server's "hard drives has had errors and they had to swap them by new ones"

Anyway thats hard to believe how some companies can treat their clients
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Beebadeeba
    Well, finally heard from their support system...

"We are currently working on a massive migration and doing our best to get your servers online ASAP. Please bear with us a little more and we will notify you once it's complete. Thank you for your patience.

- whpsupport"

Sheesh. I'm so thankfull you've had my server offline for over 24 hours without any warning it was going to happen!

Idiots.
    Yes I'l Migrate too, THEY MIGRATE with out Warning there clients? Thats unaceptable.

I'v sent email to get to know whats goin on at 9am, its not 12:20 and no newst from them..

I'v lost a few clients all ready, I have to switch now..
      0 Not allowed!

"we are working on getting server for you. your old server had a harware failer. We are preparing new box for you"
    I'd be thinking about charging back if I had a server with them. They are obviously not delivering the service they promised when you signed up.. get your money back... I know I would...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)
      0 Not allowed!

Im fed up with their cURL causing me alot of problems with people paying for things via my site. They were good when I 1st joined them but now they are becoming sluggish and useless.

Im here to look for a new host because my site is a big site and things like this are not good for it.
      0 Not allowed!

Ah, I knew it was too good to be true. My server was up for about 20 hours, then went down again a few minutes ago.

I sent an email to support@webhostplus.com and received a reply almost immediately with a request to someone at aknoc to reboot the server. So at least the WHP support staff has installed an answerbot...

Thanks for the info, SharkyJR. It hadn't occurred to me to drive down to the data center, but I think I will go do that myself. Maybe they will sell me the hard drive in my machine for cheap.
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting observation. The Live Chat for sales and Tech Support on Managed.com are now the exact same as on WHT's site.

So who should be we screaming at here? I too sent an email and received a prompt response from Keith Kim to have my server rebooted. The recepients? support@akanoc.com and WHT Support.

The new route I have is also horrible so I will probably be looking else where for a server unless it vastly improves. I cannot deal with a 200ms response time.
      0 Not allowed!

And mine is backup. Woohoo! Time for a more recent backup me thinks. Out of all this I have only experienced 4 - 5 hours downtime that I know of. Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of you.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast