what if your game does not run on your OS anymore

I have Roller Coaster Tycoon and it only runs on 95 and 98 windows OS and I have had XP running for about 6 months and then saw that game and tryed to insatall it and it wont run on my XP...

I had the game for about 4 years and use to play it on 98 and now that I upgraded my OS it wont run anymore...

Is there anything I can do or do I need to re-buy the game?

Does it not let you install it at all?

If you can install but not run it, right click on the exe then chose Compatabilty and select run under Windows 98.
    Steve

Just get the updated version of roller coaster tycoon. Why stick with such an old version.
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Earth, North America, USA, Kansas, Shawnee Mission, 7617 Rosewood
    Yes, after install get the patch for XP

I'd suggest that you just get RCT2. It's only about $10 if you get the right version. The thing about the RCT2 series is, they all have the same rides, parks, etc.. just that they have different scenery (which you can download legally off of custom scenery sites anyways.) So, it's pretty much pointless to buy an expansion pack for RCT2 unless you want to waste some extra money.

They are actually coming out with an RCT3 soon. If you look on rollercoastertycoon.com they have a video. It looks pretty good so far.

Earth, North America, USA, Kansas, Shawnee Mission, 7617 Rosewood
    ^ You can acully ride the rides in RCT3!

Right click on the exe and click "Compatibility" and select 98

Not wise though to upgrade from 98, best to wipe clean and install. If compatibility tweaking doesn't work something else is wrong, your OS is chewed and the only thing you can try next is checking the error logs and research from there.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]