WHMCS must-have addons for selling dedicated servers

Hi,

Well, basically that would be it. What WHMCS addons (free or paid) exist out there that are a must for dealing with dedicated servers ?

Thanks

I'd recommend having a peek here: http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php

I did before posting and there are one or two addons that you may be able to use, never really used them myself so I have no idea on how they work though.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMeAway View Post
    I'd recommend having a peek here: http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php

I did before posting and there are one or two addons that you may be able to use, never really used them myself so I have no idea on how they work though.

Good luck!
    I did also , but I want experiences

Thanks

Ah ok Good luck anyways. Hope you find something

WHNCS itself has a dedicated server module. It's not advanced of course. You could always have Matt custom write you a script.
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

The biggest problem I have with WHMCS is it's nature of automatically creating and mailing an invoice to a customer upon ordering a product. For the way I lease with dedicated servers that just doesn't work. Matt's been great about making changes to some files for me... but it's still something I hope to see as a standard feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave View Post
    The biggest problem I have with WHMCS is it's nature of automatically creating and mailing an invoice to a customer upon ordering a product. For the way I lease with dedicated servers that just doesn't work. Matt's been great about making changes to some files for me... but it's still something I hope to see as a standard feature.
    So you want them to be able to order but you don't want them to get an invoice until you decide to send it out - is this correct?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I too would want that feature.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    So you want them to be able to order but you don't want them to get an invoice until you decide to send it out - is this correct?
    Yes.
    For example, I require dedicated server customers to sign and fax/email back a copy of the ToS & AUP. Till I receive that I don't initiate service. There's no sense in me sending out an invoice and having them possibly pay it when they haven't sent back the documentation.
    Daved @ Lightwave Networking, LLC.
    AS1426 https:/www.lightwave.net
    Primary Bandwidth: EGIHosting (NLayer, NTT, HE, Cogent)
    Xen PV VPS Hosting

There is actually compatibility with WHMCS for Dedicated Servers. What would you like this "addon" to do?

This would be very handy indeed. Often I'll check off several items in an order and I'll want to invoice it. Before it sends, I'd like to maybe add some notes to the invoice or at least look it over. I'm in the same boat as others where automation isn't necessarily what I'm after.

Thanks.
    Linkhouse Media Web Design in Parry Sound, Ontario
    www.linkhousemedia.com
    Linkhost Media Web Hosting in Parry Sound, Ontario
    www.linkhostmedia.com

As I may have mentioned... I've had Matt custom code (ie paid) changes for me so that the system doesn't automatically send an invoice upon order. He's done that for a few revisions now and it's always worked well. I did run into a problem where the daily cron job would still go through and generate invoices for orders still in a Pending status that I hadn't meant for it to. That fix took a little longer to get working right, but now both parts work as I wanted.

Now I'm hoping for him to implement it on a per-product basis. As some products like Shared Hosting/VPS hosting I'd like to auto-provision... but dedicated servers I'd not want auto-provisioned.

Per Matt,
    "I've also added to the dev list for consideration the ability to set for an item not to be invoiced initially in the product config but I think an option to not invoice pending items could be something people tick without realising the full consequences of and so not sure if we'll be including that part by default."

If this is something you're interested in... be sure to let Matt/WHMCS know.
    Daved @ Lightwave Networking, LLC.
    AS1426 https:/www.lightwave.net
    Primary Bandwidth: EGIHosting (NLayer, NTT, HE, Cogent)
    Xen PV VPS Hosting

I feel WHMCS's built in dedicated server config is quite useful and acceptable