hosts that let you pay by phone?

For privacy reasons I want to make a purchase over the phone but I can't find many reasonable hosts that allow me to do this. I'm interested in paying around $100-120 a year for a host that gives me around 4-5 gigs of storage and around 20 gigs of bandwidth. If anyone knows of a host like this I'd appreciate it if you point it out, thanks.

There are plenty out there that will take a mail in payment, money orders etc.
    www.preferred-hosting.com
    Reliable Shared and Reseller Hosting

What you're asking is not that difficult of a request.

Do the research on your host, when you narrow your list down to 1 or 2 hosts call them up and ask them if they can do billing over the phone.

Billing over the phone actually gives the host absolutely no proof that you authorized the charges. You might find better luck asking for hosts that allow order by fax.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

The most common reason for this is the merchant services used by most hosts. To explain, most hosts use a third party merchant service. That is, they do not have thier own merchant account. Many use, as example, 2CheckOut, etc. These third party merchants do not allow thier account holders to take orders via phone.

If you find a host that has thier own merchant account, you will likely be much more successful in what you are looking for.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    Billing over the phone actually gives the host absolutely no proof that you authorized the charges. You might find better luck asking for hosts that allow order by fax.

--Tina
    If you have a merchant account that works for Internet, it also works for phone sales. It makes no difference either way, if you don't obtain a signature. Without a signature, you have no "proof" of authorization. If there is a chargeback, you have to show that the customer actually used your services.

In fact, calling a customer on the phone who places an order online is the best method you have of verifying the order was not a fraud. Frauds usually use the address and phone number of the person whose identity they stole. In which case AVS is useless. But they do use their own email address, typically provided by yahoo or gmail.

Originally posted by AH-Tina

--Tina
    Unless you have a point of sale terminal, they can provide every security measure that an online form does (except an IP check obviously)

http://www.hostgator.com/
    I believe they allow orders by phone
    Regards,

I would say that phone is not as secure as the internet

The phone is probably the least secure around, at least in my opinion.

You can probably mail in with money orders, which is just as secure I'd think. Or check. You can always cancel that.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Come on, the least secure? How do you think Infomercials take all their credit card information? They not only take millions of orders over the phone, they do it in a matter of minutes during the airing of their shows.

Authorize.net is just one company that has MOTO programs specifically for taking telephone orders. The risks are about the same taking a phone order as taking an online order. You just need to have the right tools.

Not everything has to be done on a computer to be secure...