Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Quote Originally Posted by gregacsok View Post
    did anyone experience a random reboot this morning?
    No reboots here, my system hasn't lost power since it was activated. We have lost network connectivity a few short times (15 minutes total or so) since activation on April 20th.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Below is the offical message from their support

Hi, currently the server is out of stock, we expect to recieve new stock in 24hrs and will be setup. this is only due to the demand right now. If you decide you do not want to wait, let me know and I'll refund you back. Thanks.
    eh, you might as well wait... for 10/mo which isn't much AT all, it's fun to play around on.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreNetworks View Post
    No reboots here, my system hasn't lost power since it was activated. We have lost network connectivity a few short times (15 minutes total or so) since activation on April 20th.
    ohhh hmmm weird, oh well, not like we had anything important running on it anyways
      0 Not allowed!

as a foreigner, my order is always in the fraud status.i feel a twinge of envy

280 replies in WHT! very hot topic
    i think hostmds.com should pay some ad-rate to me.
      0 Not allowed!

They're already losing money for each $9.99/mo server they sell, and you want them to give you more?
      0 Not allowed!

if your not in North America, maybe you should try using international dialing sequence - ie. assume you were calling from Canada out to the world; 011, etc. etc.

Bet you it would work then
      0 Not allowed!

tdc1: It's already been covered. You just type your phone number as if someone in your own country was calling you, with no spaces, dashes or anything else.
      0 Not allowed!

I ordered a server on 4/20 and received nothing, not even any correspondence.
      0 Not allowed!

Thread cleaned of all sales related posts, as this isn't the place for that.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

This offer is bogus. I never received my server and had to resort to a paypal claim to get the money back. This whole $9.99 thing is a publicity stunt if you haven't figured it out by now. Yea they might have a couple of these boxes to rent out, but it's not for real guys. Move on...move on now.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually we have another 30 units ready to go. I'm not sure what happened FastServ, but by all means log a ticket and we would be happy to provision another one for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Well considering the damage hostmds did to the company they purchased (stripped all forms of support, etc.) I wouldnt trust them with a $1 server.

But as FastServ said this really seems to be a publicity stunt.

Best of luck to anyone who purchases, as always in this industry there will be those who are happy and those who are not. Hopefully hostmds doesnt cause more unhappy clients with these boxes.
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    Kualo.com
    Developer & Designer-Friendly Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FastServ View Post
    This offer is bogus. I never received my server and had to resort to a paypal claim to get the money back. This whole $9.99 thing is a publicity stunt if you haven't figured it out by now. Yea they might have a couple of these boxes to rent out, but it's not for real guys. Move on...move on now.
    I can attest that it is real. I have purchased one of these for a side project (It will be a Proof Of Concept I am working on). Keep in mind that I dont think they expected to have the increased surge of potential customers that this posting has caused. I do however hope that you get your issue resolved
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the input Keith. Yes they are for real and we have pallet loads of them if people want to order them in large quantities. No stunt.

Josh - if you have any issue - please feel free to call in and speak with one of our senior folks, they would be more than happy to address your issues.
      0 Not allowed!

Seems too good to be true, however some people have posted above with no issues with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ES-Matthew View Post
    Seems too good to be true, however some people have posted above with no issues with them.
    To be honest, I was shocked that it was real. I should also chime in that their Customer Service is pretty fast (Only used their Ticking System)
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

Thread closed as it has become a magnet for rules abuse.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112