Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122
    someone say the managed.com boxes will be affected on monday. but hey, i am not customer.. i am just reading.

carlos
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TheUruguayan
    someone say the managed.com boxes will be affected on monday. but hey, i am not customer.. i am just reading.

carlos
    Yes, when does the next round of fireworks begin? I need to go shopping to get some more popcorn but don't want to miss the show!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TheUruguayan

carlos
    Well Rachel posted on the AN forums that 200 managed.com boxes would be unplugged, no one seems to really know for sure as no one at AN is comeing out and saying anything.

The silence by the upper AN staff really baffles me, there have been no apologies, or any thing else.

Well they have actually said something, and that was that this is all the fault of thier deadbeat clients, or something to that effect, again they will not except the blame, just as they did not with the burstnet fiasco less than a year ago, that was BurstNets fault for not letting the continue to use the BurstNet DC and servers without paying for them. Damn BurstNet.

Jim

Jim
    Last edited by FireStormNET; 08-29-2004 at 10:47 PM.
    http://FireStormHost.com
    Low Cost Reseller Hosting
    http://5under5.com
    Low Cost Shared Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by newpoint
    Well they have actually said something, and that was that this is all the fault of thier deadbeat clients, or something to that effect, again they will not except the blame, just as they did not with the burstnet fiasco less than a year ago, that was BurstNets fault for not letting the continue to use the BurstNet DC and servers without paying for them. Damn BurstNet.
    Someone should give the AN owners a little lesson in dedicated servers you cut off the NON paying clients when they DON'T pay. You leave ON the paying clients. Come on that's not hard.

Blaming it on non paying clients is just silly, when my client doesn't pay or their card fails to bill we send 3 warnings, when the 3rd warning is sent their service is shutoff at the same time as the 3rd warning is sent and it stays off until arrangements are made. This ain't brain surgery it's simple management "no pay no play".
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck
      0 Not allowed!

iv read just about every thread on AN forums and just by all that is said on them forums kept me automaticly from signin up for a server there

just the way they handle things and do things is outragous
    arguing with people on the forums..telling people what to do and not to do..rudeness etc etc etc..

this quote here from a sticky post really made me nearly fall of my chair

People.... IGNORE CPANEL WARNINGS

I'm gonna start charging y'all for messing things up.... 400 servers we've had to fix today from ppl self upgrading.... DO NOT DO IT

It'll at the very least royally screw over mysql as well as break php scripts.

THERE IS NO SECURITY HOLE

The warning is triggered every time cpanel releases a new apache update. This update does NOTHING. It's a newer version, it has no viable fixes or features and it is dangerous to upgrade.

And ignore the WHM trojan scans... that feature has NEVER worked.
    ha..err..ok..

im using the latest EDGE release on one of my servers and it works just fine..

iv read tons of wht topics on this AN company.with these allone and the ones on there forum is enuff to keep me from doing business with them..

its one thing to have good deals..
    its one thing to have good servers
    but sheesh..lol..
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by newpoint
    Well Rachel posted on the AN forums that 200 managed.com boxes would be unplugged, no one seems to really know for sure as no one at AN is comeing out and saying anything.
    200 more on Monday?

Somebody's going to have a case of the "Mondays". Anyone bummed out tomorrow - watch Office Space and take 2 tylenol.
      0 Not allowed!

Volunteer or not, he couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. And why should such a large company ( that passes so much cash along each month ) even require volunteers ? Sounds a bit dodgy if you ask me. Asking clients to pay ahead, when already paid in full and ahead of time = bad news.

This all just sort of reminds me of the whole cyberwings debacle.

Just my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jerry12304
    Well at least the server are back online now. Thats a good start. I just dont want people loosing there job or quiting because of a thread at WHT, i think thats fair..

Jon himself have done nothing wrong. Its donna's falt for not paying her bills. what did jon do?

BTW jon's aim is : jmickle05
    People don't quit or lose their jobs because of WHT. They quit because they can't stand what they do or (in this case) are too immature to handle crises. They lose their jobs because the business is unsustainable or because of bad management (financial or otherwise) or both, and more.

Jon has done a lot wrong over the past 24 hours. When you represent a company, especially when you are NOT the boss, you do not act like a little punk at a playground, whether or not you're being paid. Look at the posts from the AN "staff": nothing in there is of substance, there are clearly issues between some of the personnel, and still, at this late hour, there is not a word from the "senior staff" telling the children to behave and cease their nonsense posts or apologizing to their clients or even offering up the latest attack on their clients, their suppliers, or anyone else except themselves.

The mark of an good company is not necessarily how they deal with things when times are good (even though AN fails this test as well, since their normal mode of operation is to always attack to prove they are right, even when they clearly are not). Good companies take good times in stride.

What makes a company great is how they deal with things when times are not good, when things are going horribly wrong, and when there are crises. Naturally, all companies hope those things will be outnumbered by the good things that happen, but anyone looking at a prospective company for anything, and anyone even contemplating going into any sort of business for themselves should look closely at how existing companies react in times of crisis and emulate those who show a strength of will, adequate planning to prevent recurrence, and compassion for their clients even though they may be eaten up inside because of the situation. Those who constantly blame others for their own failures, those who can't maintain communication lines with their customers, those who fail to learn from their previous mistakes, and most definitely those who feel compelled to attack not just their own clients but a community that sustains them should be avoided, without exception.

Angelnetworkz falls squarely into the category of failure on each of those points.
      0 Not allowed!

P-nut...you just pinpointed the problem. People don't seem to think that this is the 'real world'. Well, I have news for them. It is! It is real money and people's real businesses. In the 'real world' the customer is always right. As it should also be in the 'hosting world'.
    Matt Wade
    Christian Web Hosting
    http://codewalkers.com/ - Home of the PHP Coding Contest
    http://phphosts.codewalkers.com/ - Directory of PHP Web Hosts. Free Listing.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by P-nut
    I said 30 some pages ago I was leaving this discussion, but I do have to say here that if I ever spoke to a customer like that when I worked in "the real world", even if I was having the month from hell, I would have gotten written up, suspended without pay, or fired immediately.

I feel bad for Jon in a way; he does seem to know his stuff but his attitude is just more fuel for the fire.
    Well he said somethings, So what they are going to fire a volunteer? And lets not blame jon for the trobble donna has caused. And they were lucky they had him, i bet he will find a *paying job* no problem.

Lets not forget because he said "somethings" he was the one getting all the heat. Not donna.
    Last edited by jerry12304; 08-30-2004 at 12:00 AM.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jerry12304
    Well he said somethings, So what they are going to fire a volunteer? And lets not blame jon for the trobble donna has caused. And they were lucky they had him, i bet he will find a *paying job* no problem.
    I'm not in blaming Jon for problems AN is having right now. I appreciate and sympathize with the fact it is damn tough being on the front lines and therefore in the crosshairs of every "**** you", etc when there is a big problem. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt .

However, the fact is he is on the front lines and as such he is representing AN. Some of the things he has said on the forums started a while before this mega-crisis. All the negative posts he has made have put more dents in AN's armor.

hrug: I guess if it were me and the heat was too hot in the kitchen I'd get out. JMO though.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by P-nut
    I'm not in blaming Jon for problems AN is having right now. I appreciate and sympathize with the fact it is damn tough being on the front lines and therefore in the crosshairs of every "**** you", etc when there is a big problem. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt .

However, the fact is he is on the front lines and as such he is representing AN. Some of the things he has said on the forums started a while before this mega-crisis. All the negative posts he has made have put more dents in AN's armor.

hrug: I guess if it were me and the heat was too hot in the kitchen I'd get out. JMO though.
    This is what i know, he is on AIM, he is on the forum. While the PAID support staff is nowere to be found. Thats all i know.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by twidnet
    Just another attempt to blame someone else for their silence, really. Donna posted to this very thread back on page two. xangelxmark is still an active username. xAngelx Jon is disabled, very likely because he shows the same stunning lack of personality and maturity here as he does on the AN forums. When Burst turned off AN for nonpayment, someone named Kevin posted under Donna's username, so it shows they do have the capability of posting when they really want to.
    For all I know, she is busy fixing stuff for the company rather than worrying about WHT posts. I think she is doing the right thing.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rishidude
    For all I know, she is busy fixing stuff for the company rather than worrying about WHT posts. I think she is doing the right thing.
    She could take about 2 mins and make a statement about the whole thing. Then this tread will be over.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

Jon being a volunteer staff at ANz explains his nonchalance behaviors. If I'm working for free, I certainly am not afraid of getting fired - hence I will write / say / do anything as I feel at the moment. Yes, he is unfairly the target of unsatisfied customers and he shouldn't be. He's receiving the punishment for someone else's failure. His quiting is understandable.

I think we should stop discussing Jon now and focus on the paying staff of ANz. They obviously worked out something with TMS to get the server back online. Or perhaps TMS read this thread and take pitty on the paid ANz customers. Which is more likely?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rishidude
    In the over 24 hours since all this started, neither she nor any of her "senior staff", or even a designated peon could be bothered to post something? Maybe something like an APOLOGY for the problems they've caused and are still causing, since there are still cPanel license issues?

If she's "fixing stuff" the same way she and her staff fixed this problem, AN is definitely not long for this world.
      0 Not allowed!

Makes you wonder how many "staff" at AN are really staff. Probably kids picked up from IRC channels with promises of free hosting. We all know the pricing is not sustainable in itself even with having to worry about staff costs. That's also how you can claim to "add 20 staff next week" or claim "that you fired 90% of all your staff at a stroke".

In any case, all the "staff" display what is known as a lack of maturity, and I bet most are really just acting their age.

But that's their problem. However it's your problem if you continue to trust them after Burst/Nocster, Cpanel, and now this.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••
      0 Not allowed!

Those of you who have moved on, good luck with your new host. Any staying on with AN, I suggest you use their support outlets for further issues.

This thread is way out of hand and I wouldn't even try to clean it up as it would take hours. Some other mod may though
      0 Not allowed!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122