Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Review: CDGCommerce.com & Paysystems.com

Hi guys,

Thought I'd take a few minutes to share my experiences with paysystems and cdgcommerce.

Here's the story:
    A client of mine needed an estore, no problem I coded one and got it set up to go. I chose paysystems as the processor, as they seemed to be good and I liked their phone support. We sign up wednesday (about 2 weeks ago) and get our login information later that day. HOWEVER, it is not activated so we can not login with it. It just says test accts are not allowed. Great, this is fun. We wait until thursday, same thing, friday the same, too. I give them a call, because its been 72+ hours, over their gaurenteed time. I get some hispanic woman whom I can barely understand. She tells me she can't control it, but that she'll send the order down again. This seems fine, except that it doesnt get activated and they are out of their office all weekend. So we call on monday, same deal. Tuesday I call again, but they are out of the office due to it being a holiday. Wednesday I call again, asking to talk to someone who can actually do something. They say no, but that the order will be sent again.

At this point, I'm completely fed up. I start looking for another with similiar plans. 2co has too high of a % fee, as he primarily sells things $100 and up. I come on WHT, and read good things about CDGcommere.com. I go to their site, which IMO is horrible and put me off. I mail them anyway, and am suprised at how quick I get a reply. Big there. I ask him to call me up so we can chat. He does so later that evening, and we chat for about 30 minutes. He is VERY knowledgable and really helpful. Nice guy! A day or two later, my client signs up with him. We have one bump due to auth.net, but he takes care of it completely. I'm new to auth.net, so I had a few questions. I log onto the website, and sure enough he is online! He helps me get it all sorted, points me to the proper documentation etc. Even gets me the page number pertaining to my info! Man am I inpressed by this company.

Everything is going completely smoothly, and CDG has far exceeding my expectations. He is even hosting my template securely so I dont have to buy an SSL cert but will be able to have my template on the checkout page. Slick! I've logged into the reseller part, as he set that up for me, too, and the documentation is outstanding. This company is extraordinarily professional. He also said they were debt free and formed in 1998.

Chris @ CDG gets a HUGE from me. I recomend them from anybody!

And by the way, not that it matters anymore but I STILL haven't gotten activated at paysystems. How nice.
      0 Not allowed!

I too was thinking on switching to paysystems but decided to find out more info on cdgcommerce starting last week and I have been impressed. There have been very few times in my career where I walked away from a conversation and having all my questions answered. I still haven't made the switch yet but when I'm ready to in the next week or so cdgcommerce will be my only choice... Not to mention it will be a real merchant account that is very competitive.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Review: CDGCommerce.com & Paysystems.com

Originally posted by FW-Mike
    . . . I chose paysystems as the processor, as they seemed to be good and I liked their phone support. We sign up wednesday (about 2 weeks ago) and get our login information later that day. HOWEVER, it is not activated so we can not login with it. It just says test accts are not allowed . . .
    I take it that you had already paid the $49.00, faxed them the Merchant agreement document + other documents required?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Compared to other 3rd party payment providers like 2CHO ,Paysystems application process is bit confusing and troublesome.

They should look in to this very soon.
      0 Not allowed!

It took us 2 weeks to make it works. Now it do works fine
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Review: CDGCommerce.com & Paysystems.com

Originally posted by FW-Mike
    I come on WHT, and read good things about CDGcommere.com. I go to their site, which IMO is horrible and put me off. I mail them anyway, and am suprised at how quick I get a reply. Big there. I ask him to call me up so we can chat. He does so later that evening, and we chat for about 30 minutes. He is VERY knowledgable and really helpful. Nice guy! A day or two later, my client signs up with him. We have one bump due to auth.net, but he takes care of it completely. I'm new to auth.net, so I had a few questions. I log onto the website, and sure enough he is online! He helps me get it all sorted, points me to the proper documentation etc. Even gets me the page number pertaining to my info! Man am I inpressed by this company.
    Which is why one should never judge a book by it's cover. I've seen the nicest websites run by the most useless people and the mediocre ones run by some truly great companies. One look at Pair will tell you that they concentrate on providing quality services, not hype. I get the feeling CDG does the same from what I've seen about them.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!

PaySystems Setup Fee

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble getting your account activated with PaySystems.

I know Chris at CDG Commerce and I'm sure that he will take great care of you.

Two things that I must address.

1) There are no holidays at Paysystems. We operate 24/7 365 in all support depatrments.

2) If anyone else is having trouble getting their account live please contact me and I will take care of it.

It is always best to have an account rep, that way you have somebody that you know and that will address your problems immediately.

Thanks

Paul
    PaySystems
      0 Not allowed!

I would recommend CDGcommerce to anyone anyday, i got approved for 2 merchants and they were helpful through every bit.
    Rogelio Hackett
    Remedy Hosting Services
    RogelioH@RemedyHosting.Com
    RemedyHosting.Com - Providing A Remedy To All Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the kind words, all.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!
      0 Not allowed!

I just signed up with paysystems recently. They're great service.
    You get a control panel through which you make all the tasks associated with your business. True it took a few days to approve my merchant account, but that only had to do with examining my emailed documents and echange of a few emails over them. I recommend them highly, specially if your business is a non-US, as they accept transactions from more parts of the world than, I guess, most the others.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Review: CDGCommerce.com & Paysystems.com

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I take it that you had already paid the $49.00, faxed them the Merchant agreement document + other documents required?
    No actually, as it never asked for any of that and when I asked on the phone the woman told me I didnt need to do anything yet (which I thought was odd).

1) There are no holidays at Paysystems. We operate 24/7 365 in all support depatrments.
    It was veterans day that we called, just assumed you were out becuase there was no answer
    Last edited by FW-Mike; 11-20-2003 at 09:13 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

When I looked into Paysystems I had an account rep. That didn't stop them from losing my signed contract and all my other information. After two weeks and my account rep telling me he "couldnt find it" I threw in the towel.

I use 2CO and PayPal but I am always open to something better if it's out there or even as a back up to my existing systems.

Thanks for the review Mike....
      0 Not allowed!

Sure thing! Paysystems just does not have there act together as well as they should, IMO.
      0 Not allowed!

I used PayPal for the past 2 years and signed up with CDG a couple of months ago when I was ready to move to a real merchant account. I am 100% satisfied with CDG and will recomend them to all of my clients.
    Jonathan Grubbs, NetPublicist
    http://www.netpublicist.com/
      0 Not allowed!

CDG has come off as very knowledgable from the few posts of his I've seen. Looks like I may be using them in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

Took me about three weeks to get setup with PaySystems but when I got setup it's great and I'll never go back (I was using 2CheckOut).
      0 Not allowed!

Chris, are you accepting international merchants?
      0 Not allowed!

In specific answer to your question, zoli, CDGcommerce can not underwrite an international merchant -unless- the merchant sets up a U.S. bank account and has a U.S. business entity.

For a smaller volume int'l merchant, it would be more appropriate for them to use an option like PaySystems or another third party processor.
    Last edited by cdgcommerce; 11-23-2003 at 05:50 PM.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!
      0 Not allowed!

Just to add my 2 cents. From what I've seen of CDGCommerce on WHT, he has always been very professional. I posted a couple of threads with newbie questions on merchant accounts and the like and his responses were very specific and directly addressed my questions. I've seen other threads created by other WHT members and sure enough, whenever there's a response by CDGCommerce, it is very clear, to the point, and in a way that the person asking the question can understand it, and not feel stupid about asking the question. This goes a long way towards perception. When I am ready to get a merchant account, I'm sure they will be at the top of my list. Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

For sure! CDG is really just awesome. I'm 100% impressed with him
      0 Not allowed!

I also am using CDG, my setup was all in the same day and my questions were answered promptly.
      0 Not allowed!

Chris at CDGcommerce is very knowledeable and helpful.
    He does not lead you to signup with him if for some reason he finds that it is not practical for you to use his service.
    That is business ethics.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    When I looked into Paysystems I had an account rep. That didn't stop them from losing my signed contract and all my other information. After two weeks and my account rep telling me he "couldnt find it" I threw in the towel.

I use 2CO and PayPal but I am always open to something better if it's out there or even as a back up to my existing systems.

Thanks for the review Mike....
    The same thing happened with us (at PaySystems). Then, we had a similar fiasco at USMS. I told my business partner about the "word of mouth" rep for CDG, and we decided to check them out. Were initially put off by the website, but after sending Chris an email and receiving a HELPFUL reply in less than 15 minutes (!!), our minds have been changed. Are asking Chris to email all the necessary documents for an application right now.

Rob
      0 Not allowed!

This recent outage of many days with 2Checkout were the last straws for me. After my prelimanry experience with Paysystems I wouldn't ever recommend them let alone use them myself.

CDG is who I just went to for my Merchant account and that was based in a large part by his reviews and posts here at WHT. I can't really give any in-depth review as I don't have the system integrated yet but as soon as I am up and running with a few cycles going I will be sure to post a review.

Thus far he has been the model of professionalism. Fast intelligent responses have been the normal for any email replies.
      0 Not allowed!

CDGCommerce is the way to go. Support is unbelievably helpful, and Chris West is a class act.

Been using 3rd party processing for over a year a half now, but CDG got us up a going with real merchant account (authorize.net) quite painlessly.

Highly Recommended!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast