Thread: Host rfp

Hybrid View

Question

I am interested in setting up two accounts, probably hosted on a UNIX box.

One:
    Primarily for email by 10-15 POP users with 5Meg web space. One URL. This is a family site - non-commercial, minimal traffic. Would like a web email access for when away from home.

Two
    One web site including streaming and downloadable audio files (original - no copyright infringements) and content - probably 25 Meg initially (mostly in audio files and about 20 pages)growing over the year to maybe 150Meg. One primary URL plus 3 other URLs (expanding to 5 or 6 in the year) all pointing to the same home page. SSL to implement [Propay(?)] commerce account (anticipating sales of merchandise in the $50 - $300/month range). Maybe 5 email accounts at the primary URL and scoop email from others into one of these. This is a microbusiness site for my music production company, expected to stay small and low bandwidth (for this type of site).

How best to organize this and at what cost? What service level to expect (uptime, response time, customer service, etc.)

Hope to keep total cost under $40/mo.

You come well recommended. Any suggestions welcome.

If you set your profile to allow email responses, I'm sure you'll get many hosts here that can help you.
    Also, check out this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...?threadid=3053

Good Luck with your project!
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Yeah I think most hosts here can accomodate you. Those are pretty easy needs to take care of.

James R. Clark II
    Nethosters Inc.
    http://www.nethosters.com

Update

I've reset profile to allow email responses. But, there are a zillion hosts. My needs are low, but my revenue expectations are also low. What are the best differentiators at this service level? Price? Bottom feeding on price often seems more expensive in the long run in terms of hassle and reliability. What about Redundancy, Service Level Guarantees, Time in business, other factors?