Exclamation Eset Security Suite it VERY annoying!!!

I recently download the free trial of Eset Security Suite and it is the most annoying thing ever.

I cannot even download/install this software which I was using for long time previously on my office computer: http://www.elite-keylogger.net/

Even if I disable Eset temporarily, it still refuses to allow me to install that software. Nightmare!

It won't even so much as at least give me an OPTION to specify that it is safe!! Either I have no clue what I'm doing or....

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I recently download the free trial of Eset Security Suite and it is the most annoying thing ever.

I cannot even download/install this software which I was using for long time previously on my office computer: http://www.elite-keylogger.net/

Even if I disable Eset temporarily, it still refuses to allow me to install that software. Nightmare!

It won't even so much as at least give me an OPTION to specify that it is safe!! Either I have no clue what I'm doing or....
    One more reason I love Eset. It should not allow this type of software on a system in the first place. Reason why its giving you a hard time. If you could install it, so can malware or viruses...

I have found its the only security software worth to pay and actually I have a very complex setup with complex firewall rules and software and all from Norton to Kaspersky had their shares of conflicts and troubles, all except Eset.

Now Iīm not sure if what you posted is real or not, but why in the world should a security software let someone install a keylogger into a system which is supposed to protect at the same time? I fail to see how this is a problem with the software but rather with the user...
    Last edited by nibb; 06-10-2014 at 11:47 PM.

I apologize but I find what you wrote to be a tad ridiculous. I have used this keylogger software on my own office desktop PC for yrs and it has worked great. We REQUIRE this software on that specific desktop to monitor a specific desktop being used by an employee we must monitor.

We are unable to use this software with Eset. Thus, will no longer be able to use Eset if there is no workaround.

Perplexed on why you would comment on whether my "post was real or not". Beyond silly! Many parents use such software and it is disappointing Eset will not even allow it to be installed without at least giving an OPTION to declare it SAFE!!!!

Not to mention, spouses must be monitored as well (during certain situations) for personal reasons I should not even have to mention. THANK YOU!!!!!
    Last edited by Frosty; 06-11-2014 at 07:11 AM.

I apologize but I find what you wrote to be a tad ridiculous. I have used this keylogger software on my own office desktop PC for yrs and it has worked great. We REQUIRE this software on that specific desktop to monitor a specific desktop being used by an employee we must monitor.

We are unable to use this software with Eset. Thus, will no longer be able to use Eset if there is no workaround.

Perplexed on why you would comment on whether my "post was real or not". Beyond silly! Many parents use such software and it is disappointing Eset will not even allow it to be installed without at least giving an OPTION to declare it SAFE!!!!

Not to mention, spouses must be monitored as well (during certain situations) for personal reasons I should not even have to mention. THANK YOU!!!!!
    No its not. If you donīt trust your employees to the point you need to spy their daily activities, that is your problem. I would never work for a person like that. Actually I would not host or hire any service from a company that does this either, do you hire criminals or what are you so afraid?

If you donīt trust your own employees with a computer and access to data/networks, why should a customer trust you his data? I assume you also put a hidden camera in the office to see if they work or not correct? If you distrust this much your staff, then why should users or customers trust you with their data (assuming you sell hosting).

Your wife? Your kids? That is your personal thing, I donīt agree with spying on your family either, because it means they donīt trust you and lie and cheat you or you have personal conflicts to the point you need to spy their activities. Its rather insulting to put a key-logger into your wifes computer, Iīm sure more than one person would divorce just for that reason of distrust.

I hope you do inform your employees that you are logging their keystrokes, because last time I checked in most states its illegal if you are not informing them on advance. Just like you need to inform customers their calls are been recorded. So they send some private email from time to time, sure, they log to check their facebooks, block it, they receive a personal phone call in the job? So what, they are humans. A company is a big family, if its not affecting their job and performance, fine. If you donīt trust them in terms of security, then donīt hire them in the first place...

If you are trying to do this for security reasons, then you are doing it wrong. I understand that an employee can be dishonest, and send passwords out of the office, leaks, etc, but if this is the case, that person should not be granted access to specific types of data or that system should be locked down, like a password/login systems where you canīt do anything else besides log in without even knowing the password, you canīt take pictures, you canīt copy it, etc. I would not hire someone which I donīt trust. And I would certainly not give a person access to a system where they can do damage.

You should implement proper security and data policies, Joe has access to this, Jean does not.

Now of course I will not tell you how to run a business or give you a moral talk. Iīm sure you are a good guy and have your reasons, but my point is that my reply was not ridiculous at all since what you are trying to do is not normal in the first place. The reason I posted this is because Eset behavior is correct. Its to protect the system.

Its not a flaw or problem in the software. The software is to protect the user and computer. If you are spying a user, then Eset would not be doing a pretty god job at protecting the system...

Eset does not know he is only supposed to protect you and not your employee. It does not even know what a user is. Its per system. You install the software in PC number 45, and its job its supposed to protect PC 45, regardless of who is using it.

If you where able to disable that and install a keylogger, then the software would be very lousy since a virus, trojan or a dishonest employee could do the same thing. My reply is exactly correct on this, the problem is the user, not the software.

Lets turn this around. Your personal laptop has Eset installed and you give it to a third party for one hour, lets say this is your employ or just a tech to fix something and then HE installs a keylogger without your consent and gives you the laptop back. How about that?

Then you would be posting here how Eset sucks since it allowed someone to install a virus/keylogger in your system so easily.

If you want to install this software, just get rid of Eset and problem solved or just configure it to bypass all security checks, not even sure if that would work either since a keylogger is one of the most nasty and dangerous things on a system, so even while by passing everything I donīt think it will allow you you to run it. And if you turn everything off, then the system is unprotected so there is no need to run Eset.

Eset is not the problem. You must be the 0.0001% of the cases that wants to disable the protection on purpose to allow a keylogger, Iīm sure the rest of Eset users would not be very happy if a user or software can install a keylogger into their system by just disabling a few settings in Eset with a few clicks.

Iīm ridiculous? Well yes, but then again nobody else replied your post, I wonder why...

I did not have time to read your response but I would appreciate you simply refrain from posting your ridiculous comments in this thread.

I have had no problem running that software with various other anti0vurus programs. FYI: The Chairman of our company is HBS educated and Co-founded and sold 3 private and 4 large public public Cos back in the 80s. LOL. I think he knows how to run his multi-million $$$ company.. but thank you for your rather rude and unconstructive criticism.

THANK YOU.

Wall of text critical strike! It's super effective! TL;DR.

In all seriousness - It's expected that a keylogger would be detected by any antivirus software. HOWEVER, you should be able to set the install folder or application exe to be allowed manually in the antivirus. I haven't ever used ESET so I don't know. I would recommend VIPRE as you can set ignore/manually allowed folders and programs.

As for the whole keylogger stuff I don't condone using such tactics to monitor spouses and employees, but that's your business - not mine.

I did not have time to read your response but I would appreciate you simply refrain from posting your ridiculous comments in this thread.

I have had no problem running that software with various other anti0vurus programs. FYI: The Chairman of our company is HBS educated and Co-founded and sold 3 private and 4 large public public Cos back in the 80s. LOL. I think he knows how to run his multi-million $$$ company.. but thank you for your rather rude and unconstructive criticism.

THANK YOU.
    I donīt care who your chairman/company is and I did not asked that information either, you donīt know me and you canīt impress me with big figures either if that was supposed to cause some impression on me...

A monkey with a suite is still a monkey as far as I care.

Since you donīt bother even reading why I posted I donīt think I need to further reply and lose my time either. Good luck with your billion dollar ventures.

Even if I disable Eset temporarily, it still refuses to allow me to install that software.
    Open ESET, look for settings, scroll down and find "advanced settings".

Find "Antivirus and antispyware" and expand that menu. Find "Exclusions" and use that to add what you need to run. Use at your own risk.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Thanks Bear, really appreciate your help.

I gave that a shot again and it worked. I tried it earlier, this time it worked.

Terrific, glad you got that sorted.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Terrific, glad you got that sorted.
    So the problem was not Eset but the user after all...

I find it annoying, when people bash a product before even knowing how it works just because they canīt/want read the documentation:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eset+exclude

I still stand that Eset is great. And hell, I tested allot of security suites extensively for months.

Nibb, you are rude. The only one here who is annoying is yourself with your abrasive distasteful attitude.
    Last edited by Frosty; 06-11-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Get the paid version, its really worth it.

I just got the paid version

Nibb, you are rude. The only one here who is annoying is yourself with your abrasive distasteful attitude.
    Actually all I said is the user was the problem and I did find it a bit disrespectful when you said you did not even bother to read my reply, precious minutes it took me to reply and that was rather insulting, then you did offending me when you tried to say all that about your educated boss and how to run a company like if iīm some sort of idiot when all I did was to express my opinion.

The truth is that you posted in public a software is bad and you would stop using it when you did not even took a few minutes to figure out how it works.

All I did was to share my opinion. Its a public forum and I just gave me opinion and suggestion about something. Was it out of topic? Maybe a bit, but then again if you donīt like that, then you should ask technical things to the software developers, if you do post something in a public forum you are open to receive replies about different points of views, even if you donīt like them. You replied very offensive to my comments when I did not meant any evil in the reply.

Its similar to when someone posts "This software sucks" because they could not find a setting. In this case I like Eset so I gave my opinion.

If I offend you in any way I truly apologize. It was not my intention.

Eset wouldn't allow the software to work afterall... but no worries.. doesn't matter. I got the paid version anyway (will continue using eset), but will find alternative to the monitoring software we were attempting to use.
    Last edited by Frosty; 06-11-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Another alternative would be to work with the software called.

Netop School6 (there will be no problems with antivirus)

You can install the server on a pc and other pcs can install the clients.

With this software you control the machines of users and also
    shows the screen of customers in real time.

You can also research on their website, they have other software with different functions.

netop.com/classroom-management-software/products/netop-school.htm
    Cybernes Hosting: Hosting Cusco