Smile I Like to start my own web hosting company

HI All

How can i do it ? What amonut of money i can earn form that?, How can i find new clients?

Thanks.

H.N.T Niroshan
    Serversit.com

Originally posted by LANKA Host
    HI All

How . . . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .? . . . . . . . . . .?
    Input your question here.

Sorry. But this question is asked a few times a week. Just a little work on your part will produce the answers.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

You can do it by desciding on what your market will be and how you are going to go about reaching that market(target audience). Are you going to host mainly local people in your city? If so send out some flyers, business cards, set up information in retail stores, host retail stores, etc...

Things like that, once you've discovered who your market is then you must find a plan to reach them similar to above, then you must find a supplier of a reseller account. I suggest www.httpme.com

Before you get into reselling webhosting you will have to setup a few things:

-Purchase the reseller account and learn WHM/Cpanel like the back of your hand.

-Develop or pay to have developed a website(you can get some good designs by asking in the advertising forum for a designer).

-After your design is done and your information is complete go and get a merchant account(I suggest either paynetsystems.com) or you can get a 3rd party payment processor(put that in any search engine for more info on who/what they are)

-After your design , merchant account, order forms is setup you will then have to get visitors to your site.. Do this by advertising in forums, purchasing ad space, handing out business cards, look into search engine optimization, anything you can think of , BUT follow the rules and dont spam!

-Provide good support and be good to your customers and you will grow in time..

Sounds easy doesnt it,, its not!!! But good luck...
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Thanks RH4U

Thanks RH4U

No problem, just stay glued to these forums and you will learn all you need to know...

This forum is a big help, if you have any questions in the future a good idea would be to go to the search button at the top of the page and search for your answer...

Because so many people visit this forum so regularly there is alot of information that you can look up on many subjects...

Another thing you can do is look at other webhosts websites to get an idea of what they offer and what they are all about.. This may help you get a good idea as to how to structure your service offerings.

And again i cant stress enough that if you are new to this you might also want to check out httpme.com, even if you descide not to go with them for a reseller account there forums also has some good information.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

1. Read the rules about signature
    2. It's advised you start with a reseller account
    3. Search search search!

there are many hosts that sells resellers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

and some resellers who sell resellers even.

-kohashi

Originally posted by kohashi
    and some resellers who sell resellers even.

-kohashi
    I have yet to see one - example please

and i specifically mean a reseller account that can create their own reseller accounts...

I have not seen that yet either, but is a feature that should definately be looked into if prices continue to go down.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Originally posted by RH4U
    I have not seen that yet either, but is a feature that should definately be looked into if prices continue to go down.
    That's a server killer if there ever was one. Resellers setting up Reseller accounts is the best way to bring a server to its knees. Having 2 levels of Resellers is worrysome indeed.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by akash
    I have yet to see one - example please

and i specifically mean a reseller account that can create their own reseller accounts...
    Central Info.

http://www.centralinfo.net/hosting/reseller_info.asp

"Resellers can have their own resellers! Our automated reseller system gives you the ability to have your own resellers as well as regular clients. This allows you to have your own way of networking your business to your own developers or resellers. This is a great way to expand your business and give the ability to your clients to start their own business as well. You simply set the pricing you wish to charge your resellers. There is a monthly fee of $9.95 for each reseller you signup as well as the normal discounted website fee. You can set any pricing you wish to charge your clients. The only limitation is that your resellers cannot have their own resellers. It stops at 1 level deep."

Theirs is not a bad system, for what it does. We used them back in the early days, with much success. There were some features they lacked back then, but a step up to Win2K last year saw those features introduced (specific server side Windows features).

But nonetheless, there ya go.

Gary

There has to be a way to work it out, but im not sure if it would be efficient..

The host would have to sale so low for the reseller to setup resellers that i dont think it would be possible money wise.. At least not for a descent profit margin.

As far as the server goes, I see your point.. this would not only effect the server, but it would be hard to enough use out of each server, you would have keep the amount of resellers/sub-resellers so low that again profit would be hard..

Best thing ive seen so far close to this is reseller hosting companies that allow you to be a reseller AND resale their reseller hosting plans.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!