photoshop help ?

hey
    i m working on photoshop everyday and learning it more...
    i just got a question how can i make dots like this http://www.designgalaxy.net/images/p...0ea9e43168e23f
    on a layer ?
    BUY SELL WEBMASTER GOODS AT OnlyWebmasters.Com Auctions
    CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PAGERANK CLICK HERE

Create a new document with the dimensions small (few pixels high x wide), then inside that document create one dot in the top left hand corner. Select all, then go to the edit menu and select define pattern.

Then switch back to the document you're editing and select the area you want to fill and select edit>>fill and select 'pattern' in the use box and OK.

This will create a tiled fill using the pattern that you've defined in your first small document.

You can then change the filtering of the layer you've just filled to effect the layers below it in whatever way you need.

Depending on how close together you want the dots, define a different size of the original pattern document (bigger for wider spacing, smaller for closer), and depending on what sort of effect you want you might want to add a slight bevel or shadow or whatever to that dot you create in the pattern document (I usually find its best to do this by hand a pixel at a time rather than use the layer effects).

As with everything in photoshop, there's probably other ways to achieve the same effect, but this is how I do it. Once you've done it once you'll get a good idea how this works and adapt it to suit what you want.

You can ofcourse use it for other texture fills and not just dots, and if you need to do them often you can create some premade patterns and actions so it'll just do it automatically for you.

Good luck!

EthicalEpi ,
    All i can do is to thank you...

Thank you for your support and i appreciate it

why i thank so much is that i needed it too much...
    Thnx

Also may i ask one more question ?
    http://www.designgalaxy.net/images/p...0ea9e43168e23f
    on the header the first part is waved how can i make that one ?
    i know i m asking so much but no more questions
    i make them actually by using Filter-Disort-Shear and rotate it but is there another way?
    pls

No problem. Glad to help.

The way I would usually do that is to draw that shape in a vector program, then export it to a .eps or .ia file and select 'file>>place' then scale it to fit, because it'll give you much more control of the shape and you can do more complex shapes (not just waves). Pretty much any vector program (corel,illustrator,freehand and even flash) will export in those formats that photoshop can 'place'.

You can probably achieve the same thing directly in photoshop using the drawing tools though (look through the help for these because I don't use them much - they're never as good as a dedicated vector program).

Another way you could do that very quickly but without as much control is to create a new layer with a coloured filled oblong block and then use one of the distortion filters (wave - with a sine wave selected will probably work) then just chop off the top after the wave has been applied so you've got a flat edge running along the top and the wave on the bottom. Or do it in a new document at several times the size and just crop and paste the part of the wave that suits your design.

There might be a better way to do these directly within photoshop though - I usually just place vectors.

thanks EthicalEpi

No problem.

It occurred to me after I posted that another easy way would be do draw a big oblong block then zoom right out of the document, and use the circle select tool (start dragging from outside the document area so you've got a big circle) then just position part of the circle over the oblong block to create one of the curves, then press delete to chop that part of the layer. You could do this several times with different sized circles to create the shape you want from the original block.