Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    a cached result from a hard drive that was using the i7 before???
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan - HostATree View Post
    We didnt get caught, we already were honest in saying that we did move him from a dedicated server to a vps to help the stability issue of his server (due to all his packet sending) and for the lack of bandwidth this server comes with at the dc we have our servers. Yes, he was hosted on a vps towards the end but we already explained why. None the less, he broke our AUP. We gave him a chance, it is what it is. Our discussion ends here, we told you what we did and you can believe it or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and will believe what they do so more justification on our part and continuing to reply here will be pointless.
    Have you ever explain to OP before you moved OP into a openvz vps?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    a cached result from a hard drive that was using the i7 before???
    I wasn't even going to comment on that hoping he saw what HE (not anyone else) posted in that ticket and realizing that it is not possible what he is saying. It truly is a lie of epic proportions and I strongly urge him to come forward with the truth.

Ryan this isn't a case of it will blow over or you can just keep saying the same thing over and over as totally deniability won't work. On a good note you reminded me of a song from the 80's I think Shaggy - It Wasn't Me.
      0 Not allowed!

What a great thread to compliment my morning coffee and cigarettes. "How to not handle business 101"

/subscribe
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

0 Not allowed!

it seems Hostatree.com sell a VPS to this customer at first,and when the custemer move his website to this new "server",he found the cheat,and sumbit the ticket. And the "server" was shutted down then. The whole thing just takes in serval hours.How do u think it's the customer's fault. does the Hostatree.com is god who know an unborn boy will become Obama?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyHosting View Post
    Why would you think the machine should have 8 cores?
    Quad core with HT.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Migrated to VPS to help him? You didn't notify him, you didn't ask permission to do so, he paid for a Dedicated...

How come he had SolusVM for the statistics where he reached BW limit, after moving you can't just restore the old BW.

HostATree = HostAJoke.
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn
      0 Not allowed!

wow,hostatree should notify the client before he was being moved to a VPS.i think HhostATree should refund and make a pubilc statement.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by addmyin View Post
    Hostatree.com think a $4.95 openvz VPS is better than a $55 dedicated server... just for they ,but not for custemer.
    I just wanna say one word. <Censored>

$4.95 vps with that much ram? good deal imo lol

I'm with HostATree here, you can allocate way more cpu,disk, and memory to a VPS than that junk dedi had. E1200 or w/e it was is a POS cpu anyway. I agree that he needs to tell the customer or ask the customer about doing that first, I'm sure something was said and it didn't just "happen".

I think its just bull that all you guys are jumping down his throat about this. Everyone got angry 3 pages before Ryan even replied, stop being a bunch of trolls.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-25-2010 at 02:52 AM.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by addmyin View Post
    it seems Hostatree.com sell a VPS to this customer at first,and when the custemer move his website to this new "server",he found the cheat,and sumbit the ticket. And the "server" was shutted down then. The whole thing just takes in serval hours.How do u think it's the customer's fault. does the Hostatree.com is god who know an unborn boy will become Obama?
    LOL.... We don't want another Obama this country has been ruined enough.

Anyways, Ryan want to show proof his "netbot"? The rest of your story doesn't add up one bit. My guess is that is a load of BS also.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Ryan this isn't a case of it will blow over or you can just keep saying the same thing over and over as totally deniability won't work. On a good note you reminded me of a song from the 80's I think Shaggy - It Wasn't Me.
    For those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4axo9rmJY
      0 Not allowed!

Welp, HostATree finally posted (a complete lie)

Ryan your story just doesn't add up it makes no sense what so ever, If you are going to tell a fib you should have spent another 24~48 hours making a better excuse before replying here because obviously this thread wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Not to mention your saying you downgraded him here but in the tickets your like " We upgraded you to an Quad core server With /HT free of charge!" Clearly you was hoping he didn't know what he was doing, Getting caught and then lieing only shows that it's most likely going to happen again.

@Coolraul

I love that song.
    Last edited by Andrew M - QuadraNet; 07-24-2010 at 12:29 PM.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com
      0 Not allowed!

I wasn't going to reply, but this post tickled me

Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    I'm with HostATree here, you can allocate way more cpu,disk, and memory to a VPS than that junk dedi had. E1200 or w/e it was is a POS cpu anyway. I agree that he needs to tell the customer or ask the customer about doing that first, I'm sure something was said and it didn't just "happen".
    The point is that he paid for a dedicated, and got VPS instead. It doesn't matter if it's "Just as good", it's the principle of the matter.

VPS and dedicates are not the same, even if the specs match up. With a dedicated you alone are on the box, bare metal. With a VPS you share resources, ports, etc. You are not bare-metal.

I think its just bull that all you guys are jumping down his throat about this. Everyone got angry 3 pages before Ryan even replied, stop being a bunch of trolls.
    I think it's bull that you are defending him. I guess besides seeing HostATree's true business ethics we can see yours as well.

Everyone is angry because it took Ryan 10 pages to reply, and when he actually did reply, it was an obvious lie. If you're going to lie in front of your peers, at least make an effort to think up a good lie.
      0 Not allowed!

Amazing how Ryan's claims do not add up at all. His post here states something entirely different. While his replies to the OP's tickets are completely off.

/subscribed
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    LOL.... We don't want another Obama this country has been ruined enough.

Anyways, Ryan want to show proof his "netbot"? The rest of your story doesn't add up one bit. My guess is that is a load of BS also.

For those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4axo9rmJY
    i like this phone.
      0 Not allowed!

So after all this work we did in the best interest of this client our dc reports to us that he is using 50-80mb/s most of the time so we have a look and it turns out the client is using the server to send out hundreds of thousands of useless packets (probably a dos attack) so we shut his server down due to breaking our AUP.
    If he is "probably" sending out a DoS attack why would you move him to a VPS? That makes absolutely no sense.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow. Overall, I'm happy it happened this way, maybe this can teach all hosts a lesson.
    Last edited by Anthony; 07-24-2010 at 12:59 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    If he is "probably" sending out a DoS attack why would you move him to a VPS? That makes absolutely no sense.
    He would have been automatically terminated.

Lies sum up.
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn
      0 Not allowed!

This is kind a joke, VPS = Dedicated ?? Oh no..hostatree = hostajoke then.

Better if hostatree refund the money, make a statement and never do same mistake in the future, and all things will be completely finish, not need to argue for another hundred pages.
    ||| JFOC Network Solution - Affordable Web Hosting
    ||| Web Site: https://www.jfoc.net
    ||| Cloud Page Builder - Page Builder
    ||| Web Site: https://www.cloudpagebuilder.com
      0 Not allowed!

So the jist of the thread is that we give out VPS’s instead of Dedicated servers? In this single case yes we did. Client was originally setup on a dedicated server, however after hitting the bandwidth limit on that server and many crashes we mirrored his data to a vps after many complaints from the client. We did on behalf of the client and in his best interest. We figured he could then take full advantage of the 1gb line he would be on and use the full amount of bandwidth. CPU was also scalable for him so his server would be more stable. We wanted him to be able to atleast use his server in his one month contract with us. So after all this work we did in the best interest of this client our dc reports to us that he is using 50-80mb/s most of the time so we have a look and it turns out the client is using the server to send out hundreds of thousands of useless packets (probably a dos attack) so we shut his server down due to breaking our AUP. Even if we kept him on his server and it continued to crash daily he would have still been breaking our AUP and we would have still shut his server down. He was moved to a vps just so he would be more stable. There is nothing more to this story, we did what was in the best interest of the client and we don’t provision vps’s for dedicated servers. End of story.
    In what delusional world do you live in where VPSes outperform dedicated servers?

Your story is an utter lie and pure BS.
    1.) Why do you downgrade a customer without him knowing?
    2.) Why do you lie about 7 cores when he probably only gets 1 or 2?
    3.) Does anyone in your company know that VPSes are shared? Moving a resource-hungry client to a VPS spells trouble for the server.
    4.) The datacenter shutdown that VPS? Likely story, they have to shutdown the entire server.

Based on the lies, here's likely what happened:
    1.) Hostatree scammed (english-weak, or lack stock) the customer with a VPS.
    2.) Customer uses alot of CPU and bandwidth (? - unconfirmed, plus legit or not?).
    3.) VPS hoster shuts it down likely due to CPU overuse (and/or bandwidth).
    4.) Hostatree uses the "broke AUP" excuse.
      0 Not allowed!

It's still a bit cloudy for me. FxtzNET-tubos, the host is saying that initially you did receive a dedicated server, then you violated AUP and then subsequently you were moved to the VPS. Is this sequence of events correct, or were you provisioned on a VPS since the very beginning?
      0 Not allowed!

New(er) member here. This thread is simply too good to miss out on.

Why an industry professional (using this term loosely for this particular scenario) would migrate a client over to a different server platform without asking for or receiving his direct permission is mind-boggling. This alone is enough to warrant serious suspicion and is unethical on numerous levels. Your client purchased a dedicated server and in turn, was provided with an entirely different solution. Furthermore, you chose to concoct a fictional story and explain to the client that his initial server was upgraded to one consisting of a higher caliber. And this is acceptable how?

Ryan, as opposed to admitting to these claims, apologizing to the client, and offering a refund, you have chosen to take another route altogether and make attempts to turn the situation around. You have dug yourself a hole that is continuously becoming deeper. It's time to break out the honesty and ditch the storytelling.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia View Post
    I wasn't going to reply, but this post tickled me

I think it's bull that you are defending him. I guess besides seeing HostATree's true business ethics we can see yours as well.

Everyone is angry because it took Ryan 10 pages to reply, and when he actually did reply, it was an obvious lie. If you're going to lie in front of your peers, at least make an effort to think up a good lie.

WEB HOSTING TALK IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM OR TICKET SYSTEM.

STOP ACTING LIKE ITS IMPORTANT TO HIS BUSINESS.

I'm so sick of people thinking that if they have a hosting problem this is where they come to flame the provider until someone notices and tells them. If you have a problem handle it with the provider and stop slandering them.

The best part about WHT is a LOT of the people here think they understand the different types of virtualization. You can run 1 VZ container at 100% allocation on a server and have 0.01% performance loss compared to bare metal. I would take a i7 powered VPS from a good provider trying to make things right way before Id use an E1200 celeron.... The i7 is about about 1200x faster, not to mention most servers have multiple nics and he could have an ENTIRE nic dedicated to his container. And if its a single nic it could very well be gigabit uplink with 100mb port speed per container, just like a dedicated.

My business ethics have nothing to do with Host A Tree, were not related.
    Last edited by Visbits; 07-24-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jame$ View Post
    It's still a bit cloudy for me. FxtzNET-tubos, the host is saying that initially you did receive a dedicated server, then you violated AUP and then subsequently you were moved to the VPS. Is this sequence of events correct, or were you provisioned on a VPS since the very beginning?
    I'm not sure which way it went, But if it was the case of a dedicated server in the beginning then a VPS would it matter? He was still moved without asking. However you read the staff replies it speaks for itself. If he actually violated their AUP/TOS do you really think HostATree would have moved him to one of their VPS servers? I mean be real. If someone is DDoSing someone on one of your dedicated servers you don't snatch it offline and give him a VPS, That's not smart.

1.) In the tickets the staff states they UPGRADED HIM TO a Core i7 Instead of the dedicated server he ordered (Meaning they hoped he wasn't able to put two and two together.)

2.) Ryan came here with a completely opposite story from what it showed in the ticket replies, Thus this being a lie

I don't really think it would matter regardless, Either situation HostATree would be in the wrong (My Opinion don't take it the wrong way)
    Last edited by Andrew M - QuadraNet; 07-24-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com
      0 Not allowed!

WEB HOSTING TALK IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM OR TICKET SYSTEM.

STOP ACTING LIKE ITS IMPORTANT TO HIS BUSINESS.

I'm so sick of people thinking that if they have a hosting problem this is where they come to flame the provider until someone notices and tells them. If you have a problem handle it with the provider and stop slandering them.

My business ethics have nothing to do with Host A Tree, were not related.
    I think a lot of people use this forum to get answers when they're unable to obtain a proper one from their host. It seems like the OP was getting the run around, and judging by his support tickets he has provided us screencaps with, DID go to his host first.

Its when a host neglects their clients or gives them a run around, that posting at WHT can prompt proper action.

EDIT: While I DO agree with what you're saying, there are a lot of people who misuse these forums for simple issues that could be handled if gone through the provider first. However I don't think you can honestly say that this issue has been currently dealt with properly by the host, thus I find it absolutely reasonable that this thread exists.
    Last edited by MannDude; 07-24-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

0 Not allowed!

"In this single case yes we did"
    Ouch!! I can't help wondering now that how many more clients at HostATree have been "upgraded" from dedi to VPS? I would really suggest all HostATree clients check this out ASAP!!

"There is nothing more to this story, we did what was in the best interest of the client and we don’t provision vps’s for dedicated servers. End of story."
    ---I totally doubt it. Seems you tend to consider everyone reading this thread a fool....as what you have done to OP? Wakie wakie, if there is anyone who's drunk here, that surely is you alone.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast