Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

UK2/100TB/SL terminated SimpleCDN? [Threads merged]

I am not sure if anyone heard this or not, but if your hosting your content or live video streaming on SimpleCDN it might be a good idea to find another provider. It looks like they are going out of business.
      0 Not allowed!

SoftLayer shut them down

https://admin.simplecdn.com/main
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MaGoD View Post
    SoftLayer shut them down

https://admin.simplecdn.com/main
    Interesting. Looks like they are blaming UK2 for some of this...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Interesting. Looks like they are blaming UK2 for some of this...
    Maybe they were hosting under UK2 in SL datacenters, interesting read
      0 Not allowed!

As soon as we can release more details and communications we will - but right now everything that has been posted to the SimpleCDN Administrator is true and correct.

SoftLayer and UK2 have conspired to remove SimpleCDN from the marketplace.

We are updating our twitter feed (SimpleCDN), and our entire support staff is available to help. We're also helping customers move to CloudFront and MaxCDN, and the SimpleCDN Administrator also has some links for our customers to save money at MaxCDN.

admin.simplecdn.com

Thanks,

John
    SimpleCDN Support
      0 Not allowed!

Were you guys using SoftLayer directly or going through UK2?
      0 Not allowed!

Both, however the bulk of outbound traffic to US & EU was through UK2.

Blog has more here:

andybeard.eu

Sorry can't post links yet until 5 posts!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleCDNUpdates View Post
    As soon as we can release more details and communications we will - but right now everything that has been posted to the SimpleCDN Administrator is true and correct.

SoftLayer and UK2 have conspired to remove SimpleCDN from the marketplace.

We are updating our twitter feed (SimpleCDN), and our entire support staff is available to help. We're also helping customers move to CloudFront and MaxCDN, and the SimpleCDN Administrator also has some links for our customers to save money at MaxCDN.

admin.simplecdn.com

Thanks,

John
    SimpleCDN Support
    Sounds like a lawsuit to me.
      0 Not allowed!

Being prepared / filed - but of course our first concern is helping our customers in any way possible. MaxCDN and CloudFront have been great, but we realize that their pricing is prohibitive for some.

Others want to move their video files, and we are working on restoring FTP access from backups so customers can obtain their content and find a new home.
      0 Not allowed!

Well I know you guys had really good pricing, so the customers that were used to that sort of pricing model are in for a little surprise when they try to get the same from other providers.
      0 Not allowed!

That is very much true - MaxCDN and CloudFront are stepping in, and MaxCDN is offering special pricing to our customers (thank you very much MaxCDN for that), but obviously pricing is still higher than SimpleCDN was offering.

Does the title of this really need to be SimpleCDN Going down in Flames? How about SimpleCDN SHOT DOWN?!?!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleCDNUpdates View Post
    Does the title of this really need to be SimpleCDN Going down in Flames? How about SimpleCDN SHOT DOWN?!?!
    My bad on that one John, it was a little harsh now that i think about it, but that was not the intent when I started the thread. Sorry about that, if I could change it I would.
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder if there is another side to this story.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by weatherbytech View Post
    My bad on that one John, it was a little harsh now that i think about it, but that was not the intent when I started the thread. Sorry about that, if I could change it I would.
    No problem - just having a little fun on such a difficult day for all of us here at SimpleCDN, and of course our thousands of customers as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    I wonder if there is another side to this story.
    I've seen all of the communications. Believe me, Frank Wilson's letter is spot on. They *can't* comment, because they know they are in the wrong, and of course now have to think about the lawsuit and what their actions have cost us and all of our customers.

I know our entire team has been up for days straight trying to prevent this and arrange for alternative services, but with no notice we have all been scrambling to help our customers in any way possible.
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder what is going to happen to my SimpleCDN balance. Good thing I have a backup of my files. I really want to hear UK2 Group's side of the story.
      0 Not allowed!

UK2/100TB/SL terminated SimpleCDN?

What's going on? Anyone knows anything about this?

http://admin.simplecdn.com/

Sounds scary for having a conspiracy theory there
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Opps, didn't know that.
      0 Not allowed!

Going by the 80/20 rule, maybe simplecdn pushed 80% of entire 100tb.com customer base.

simplecdn is thus far the cheapest in town (that i know of without huge commitment), by leveraging 100tb offers. that's bad.
      0 Not allowed!

So...

Is it time for several CDN provider being terminated by SOftlayer?

After they merged, maybe they just change their policy. And it's not good for several people.
    www.erawanarifnugroho.com - my personal homepage
      0 Not allowed!

i think when the SL/TP merger news came out, everyone was concerned of 100tb business model, but ditlev commented that they had good understanding with the new management.

i hope business as usual for them. else it's a big blow.
      0 Not allowed!

I saw this coming when they would not provide responses to posted tickets several months ago after they cut off the ability to create pull zones. We have already started testing other CDNs including Highwinds and MaxCDN, but I guess we need to decide asap.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sfchost View Post
    I saw this coming when they would not provide responses to posted tickets several months ago after they cut off the ability to create pull zones. We have already started testing other CDNs including Highwinds and MaxCDN, but I guess we need to decide asap.
    I can assure you this is something that we DID NOT know about.

I assume you are talking about Mirror Buckets, as pull zones is a term that MaxCDN uses. We didn't stop providing that service, but new service was only offered with a monthly commitment, instead of pay as you go as before. Our HotCache instances provide some of the lowest transfer pricing of any CDN at very small monthly commitments. These support "pull zones" - pulling via HTTP from your own origin server. Of course right now they aren't...

Existing customers remained on their Pay As You Go plans, and up until yesterday we continued to provide that service 100% of the time.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wheimeng View Post
    Going by the 80/20 rule, maybe simplecdn pushed 80% of entire 100tb.com customer base.

simplecdn is thus far the cheapest in town (that i know of without huge commitment), by leveraging 100tb offers. that's bad.
    I can't comment on the internal workings of UK2 - but I can assure you that the emails and demands from UK2 and SoftLayer will prove everything we have posted and updated our customers on.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast