Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Managed.com server setup question

How long does it take for managed.com to set up a server if you orderd? I orderd last night after hours, and today is the only day they could set it up becuase they dont have support on weekends. Do you recommend calling them, or how long should it take? I have also sent a few unanswered e-mails to them.

Re: Managed.com server setup question

Originally posted by Dreamgun
    How long does it take for managed.com to set up a server if you orderd? I orderd last night after hours, and today is the only day they could set it up becuase they dont have support on weekends. Do you recommend calling them, or how long should it take? I have also sent a few unanswered e-mails to them.
    I've never had a server taken more than 24 hours.

Always best to contact them directly, as this isn't a support forum for them.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

They say on their site 1-2 business days which would mean (hopefully) either today or Monday.

Thanks jasonl813 for the nice response, and sirius, I agree this is not a support forum but as you can see other people ask questions on various companies, and people post there experiances with certain places, so I dont see a problem with asking a simple question.

No, its' not a problem you asking. I'm sure that there are many different actual setup times that other users will report. The 2 servers I have with them were setup the next day. But, that was back in September. It really depends on their server stock. If you ordered a popular server in the middle of the night then it may not be immediately available. Hopefully their sales department can give you a better idea of when your server will be online since they should know what servers are available.

Yeah, I got a e-mail response back already and sent my paypal varification #, hoping I can have it setup by today.

for me MAnaged.com setuped the server within 6 hours! (if not 5...)

Same as Ronikil server was orded, paid for and was setup within 6 hours.
    John Heslop

I ordered a server on a friday at 4pm and it was setup that same day. I think they have vastly improved since opening.

I hope so, I wounder how low it will be untill its setup I emailed this morning shortly after 9 am, there opining time and I had orderd it yesterday after hours, so I hope it will be setup in a few house its now 12:00 PM

I bet you would get a better response on the managed.com support forums....

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    I bet you would get a better response on the managed.com support forums....
    Directing someone to a resource which clearly doesn't exist is pretty crappy.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Originally posted by sirius
    Directing someone to a resource which clearly doesn't exist is pretty crappy.

Sirius
    indeed.
    John Heslop

Filling up WHT with sales questions for any provider is much worse.

Besides, managed.com promised the Moderators they would have a working Support Forum by last December. Are you telling me they lied?

All companies have problems, I dont blame them, depending on when you e-mail them there e-mail support is fast, I sent a few e-mails back in forth little after noon, and got a response back to each e-mail fairly quickly, about a minute after each e-mail was sent to them.

Filling up WHT with sales questions for any provider is much worse.

Besides, managed.com promised the Moderators they would have a working Support Forum by last December. Are you telling me they lied?
    Show me where they promised they'd have the forums up and running last December.

We can argue all day long what is worse, but blatantly misleading someone is pretty crappy.

Sirius

Broken promise or lie?

I'm not misleading anyone, there was a promise made by managed.com and I thought for sure that by now they would have made good on it..

Broken promise or lie?

I'm not misleading anyone, there was a promise made by managed.com and I thought for sure that by now they would have made good on it..
    Same old horse...

We do have plans to start a forum for customers and prospects after Christmas. The URL will be forums.managed.com.
    I had plans to be a millionaire by now...
    I had plans to be home with the family by now...
    I had plans to have my house paid off by now...

So whats your point?

Sirius

The point is that WHT isn't managed.com's private sales/support forum. Judging from all the new threads that get started by people with a handful of posts that is exactly what is happening.......

The point is that WHT isn't managed.com's private sales/support forum. Judging from all the new threads that get started by people with a handful of posts that is exactly what is happening.......
    No one said it was, in fact, I go out of my way to point that out.

You see things different from your side of the world... I see a forum where people come in and talk about every host (I see threads for SM, Burst etc....)

It's cool that you're not a managed.com fan, but you insist on spewing your anti-managed rhetoric and misinformation (at times, blatantly false and misleading information) in every thread that is opened.

Doesn't say much for someone that advertises "Hosting with Integrity".

Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    It's cool that you're not a managed.com fan, but you insist on spewing your anti-managed rhetoric and misinformation (at times, blatantly false and misleading information) in every thread that is opened.
    That's a completely false statement. Before you question my integrity perhaps you should try telling the truth?

Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    That's a completely false statement. Before you question my integrity perhaps you should try telling the truth?

Just a thought....
    I used the same generalization that you did... (reference managed.com promising forums).

I am questioning your integrity!! No question about it. What kind of person claims they provide "hosting with integrity" and then deliberately provides someone's customer with false and misleading information? That's not integrity... that's sad.

From everything I've read and know about your company, you run a great company and a tight ship... why would you risk your reputation as a "good guy" to do something that doesn't show the integrity?

I don't mean to get off on a rant here.... ahhh.... nevermind.

Sirius

You know, you're right. I should have worded that differently to the thread starter.

After weeding through 6 managed.com sales/support threads here today I got disgusted and cut loose with a cynical remark....

Maybe there should be a kiddy forum now, for Watcher_TVI...
    John Heslop

You know, you're right. I should have worded that differently to the thread starter.

After weeding through 6 managed.com sales/support threads here today I got disgusted and cut loose with a cynical remark....
    Here's a more appropriate reply; straight from a managed.com customer:

"If managed.com would try working a weekend here and there, they might have those forums up and running... those forums would be a more appropriate place to ask these types of questions. Until then, you'll continue to bore and pain us with your questions."
    You have integrity, no doubt.

Sirius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast