Printer with longest lasting ink?

My printer sucks ink like crazy and I've seen those commercials that claim to printers that save ink. Can anybody recommend me a decent printer that won't run my ink dry in a month? I don't print that much either.

I am not familiar with the adds for ink savings
    but I was so sick of my fancy HP printer and almost buying a new printer every time I got a new ink cartridge. that I switched to a kodak printer (which advertized the cheapest ink prices)

since I have bought it about 6 months back I have not changed the ink cartridge the HP would have ran out of ink 1 or twice or just plain got plugged up from lack of use.

If your just using black or a single color your better off getting a refill kit.

I use something similar to this.
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/inkjet-...ci_sku=104252S

Then I just get a bottle of indian ink, also known as India ink for 2-5 bucks and refill the cartridge. Keep in mind after about 5-10 uses the cartridge is fried and you need a new one but it saves a ton of money.

Also try setting the printer to the lowest ink usage setting in the preferences/set-up properties. By default they are set to use as much as possible.
    My IP >> 127.0.0.1 Hack Away!!

You can try to convert your printer into a Continuous Ink System.
    Save up to 96% on your ink expense
    Technical Support Team
    GMO Cloud America Inc.
    http://us.gmocloud.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by DWebby View Post
    My printer sucks ink like crazy and I've seen those commercials that claim to printers that save ink. Can anybody recommend me a decent printer that won't run my ink dry in a month? I don't print that much either.
    Are you mainly printing text or photos?

If text and documents, get a laser printer. The toner doesn't suffer from lack of use like most inkjets, and a single cartridge can literally last years...

Lots of cheap laser printers about - really can't recommend them enough!
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Definitely go laser if you don't need color. The toner drums last forever and they print documents amazingly fast.
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by DWebby View Post
    I have good luck with my Epson Artisan 810. Printer price is around $180.00. You can buy a Continuous Ink System for about $80.00. The ink costs about $30.00 for all 6 bottles.

If you go with a Laser Printer I would buy one that prints color. HP LaserJet Pro Color printer is about $300.00. Toner costs about $70.00 for each cartridge. There are three for color and one for B/W. Most of these have the ability to disable the color printing.

I know many people recommends Laser printers because they are cheap on Ink/Toner but that's not true at all.

I would like to recommend HP Pro 8600 series, there are 3 versions of it.

The main reason is the Ink it self. Initial cost of the Ink similar to Toner but it gives you the same amount of Pages per Ink than it does on Laser Printers.

Black Ink would give you 2300 Pages and Colors would cost you 1500 pages per Ink.

OEM Black costs $36 - 950XL
    OEM Colors costs around $25 each (3 color cartridges) - 951XL

Ink comes in Low and High Yield. High Capacity gives you more pages per Ink than Low does.

These are great printers and reviews are good too.

Depending on what type of printer you're looking for the HP Deskjets are pretty solid, especially the ones with that use the HP 61 cartridge. The canon printers with the PG-210/CL-211 are also pretty cost efficient to run.

These cartridges can be easily refilled (just grab a refill kit from amazon or ebay) and then you can get 4-5 more uses out of that cartridge for around $1-3 per refill saving you around $200-300 on ink. Trick is to refill them before they're completely empty (around 10%-20% left) so the nozzles don't burn out or clog.

I just got a new printer a few months ago and it is the Kodak ESP C315. It also has a built in scanner which is nice. The ink lasted me a rather long time, and to get a new cartridge it is pretty cheap. You can find the cartridges on ebay for cheaper than you can buy them in the stores as well. Best of luck to you.

I got Epson wireless printer and it seems to be good and also the cartridges are cheaper as compared to other printers.

Laser printers are the way to go if you don't need color. They print much quicker, and the ink costs about a cent a page. Text also tends to look more crisp. If you're set on an inkjet, take a look at continuous ink systems. Buying the ink in bulk can save you a considerable amount of cash.
    Hostabilities | Affordable Shared Hosting
    Domain Names
    Superb Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaServers View Post
    Definitely go laser if you don't need color. The toner drums last forever and they print documents amazingly fast.
    What does color have to do with anything?

We've had our Dell color laser printer since 2008 and have never had to replace the cartridges. Used approx 20 boxes of paper.

Toner vastly outlasts ink -- sometimes by years.
    I've not replaced a toner cartridge for at least 2-3 years now, and it's not due to lack of printing.
    Color toner (CMY) is no different from black toner (K) in this regard.

However, for "photo accurate" printing, there's no way to avoid inkjet. But you'll want a high-end Epson.
    The photographer-quality ink printers run about $500+ most of the time. (I have two of them.)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    What does color have to do with anything?

We've had our Dell color laser printer since 2008 and have never had to replace the cartridges. Used approx 20 boxes of paper.
    Not much, except that regular old b&w laser toner lasts the longest in my experience. Color laser printers are just fine, but he's asking for the longest lasting ink possible.
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook