Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Install Nginx 0.8.53 +phpmyadmin+mysql+php-fpm+ftp script!

Hello,
    I have modified LNMP.org's nginx install script to install latest stable nginx version without legacy stable versions because lots people asked for it!

This script will install-
    * Nginx 0.8.53
    * PHP 5.2.14 ( Didn’t updated it to 5.3.x because some web scripts reported to be having problems with 5.3.X branch)
    * Mysql 5.1.48
    * PHPMyAdmin 3.3.7
    * Eaccelerator (optional 1 click install)
    * VsFTPd, PureFTPd (Optional 1 click install)
    * PHP Suhousin Patch

All you have to do is execute 4 commands and its ready to roll on your vps or dedicated.

For now only debian 5 (32bit and 64bit both) is supported. Ubuntu has some package installation problems on version 10.04.1 and 10.10 but you can install on 10.04LTS but i extremely recommend debian to this!
    Ubuntu will be supported on next release!

Here are the steps to install-

1. Download the installer package-

2. Decompress the install package-.

tar zxvf lnmp0.5.tar.gz
    3. Go to install directory-

cd lnmp0.5
    4.Start installing-

./debian.sh
    It will ask you 3 questions about your domain name,where server located ( To identify closest mirrors to download os updates), and mysql root password.

And it will take at least 15 minutes to install and it will be ready!

Here is the link for further reference - http://www.ruchirablog.com/nginx-autoinstaller/

Please give your comments on this!

will it also working for centos ?

Quote Originally Posted by craig joe View Post
    will it also working for centos ?
    The poster said: "For now only debian 5 (32bit and 64bit both) is supported."

So no, it's for Debian. We made something similar for CentOS a while back though, you can find it here.
    Ben Thomas, Director - BTCentral Web Development Services
    http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Need a custom Web App? Visit us online.

Don't have an empty test box at he moment, how much memory does everything use on a minimal 32bit Debian distro?

Moved > Hosting Security and Technology Tutorials .

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by BTCentral - Ben View Post
    The poster said: "For now only debian 5 (32bit and 64bit both) is supported."

So no, it's for Debian. We made something similar for CentOS a while back though, you can find it here.
    Its a nice script! Original script supports centos but i didnt tried to modify it this time because but will have it on next release!

This script supports ubuntu but some installations of ubuntu 10.04.1 and 10.10 claimed to have problems while installing libraries which need to run php so at this time debian is the only O/S which is supported.

But you can try installing on 10.04.1 and 10.10 it might work for your server.
    Im running my personal site www.ruchirablog.com with this script + ubuntu 10.04.1 no problems.

How ever sticking to Debian is most recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurikami View Post
    Don't have an empty test box at he moment, how much memory does everything use on a minimal 32bit Debian distro?
    I have tried this on 80MB XEN box it works great with wordpress blog with default max_children value! However I recommend lowering php-fpm max_children value if you need to run this on low end vps like 128MB etc.

Also adding another virtual host is very easy! just run ./vhost.sh and it will setup another domains for you. Even it will let you to add rewrites for known scripts like wordpress etc. Just easy!

when will it be compatible with ubuntu or centos?

Quote Originally Posted by sander815 View Post
    when will it be compatible with ubuntu or centos?
    of course this is compatible with ubuntu 10.04.1 if you need 10.10 you need to install this first on 10.04 LTS then you can upgrade to 10.10.

follow this guide I have updated it today!
    http://www.ruchirablog.com/nginx-autoinstaller/

And you can use this with centos. but it only installs legacy stable version which is 0.7.67 not 0.8.53
    if you need to install this on centos run ./centos.sh instead of ./debian.sh

Thanks

Wow nice! Thanks for this!

tried it on centos 5.5 vps 128mb
    compiling mysql takes a long time
    after that it seems to hang:
    PHP Code:
    make[3]: Entering directory `/root/lnmp0.5/mysql-5.1.48/mysql-test'
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for 
    `install-exec-am'.
    make    INSTALL_TO_DIR="/usr/local/mysql/mysql-test" install_test_files
    make[4]: Entering directory `/root/lnmp0.5/mysql-5.1.48/mysql-test' 
    the last command is running for 10 min now

Why not provide them as a set of .deb packages instead of a naive 'installer' script?

And why use the external PDO_MYSQL when it was merged into the PHP mainline (where it has received bugfixes and improvements) and the last update to the pecl module was in 2006?

It seems like far too much effort to get the same setup which is provided by Debian stable with a few pinned packages with one or two other well maintained package repositories (like the nginx official ppa, dotdeb.org PHP packages etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by sander815 View Post
    tried it on centos 5.5 vps 128mb
    compiling mysql takes a long time
    after that it seems to hang:
    PHP Code:
    make[3]: Entering directory `/root/lnmp0.5/mysql-5.1.48/mysql-test'
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for 
    `install-exec-am'.
    make    INSTALL_TO_DIR="/usr/local/mysql/mysql-test" install_test_files
    make[4]: Entering directory `/root/lnmp0.5/mysql-5.1.48/mysql-test' 
    the last command is running for 10 min now
    Of course full installation takes at least 30 minutes to complete on cerntos. And I dont see any problems on 128MB vps because i used to run this script on 80MB XEN Box with image hosting script! However if your RAM is oversold specially Openbz system you might be running out of ram
    Please give it time and update me if theres any problem!

Quote Originally Posted by drspliff View Post
    Why not provide them as a set of .deb packages instead of a naive 'installer' script?

And why use the external PDO_MYSQL when it was merged into the PHP mainline (where it has received bugfixes and improvements) and the last update to the pecl module was in 2006?

It seems like far too much effort to get the same setup which is provided by Debian stable with a few pinned packages with one or two other well maintained package repositories (like the nginx official ppa, dotdeb.org PHP packages etc.)
    Well this was not built by me but I think the original developer www.lnmp.org made this as native because there are lots of functions on this script like one click virtual host adding etc. its very easy to add rewrites for new virtual hosts just need to run ./vhost.sh and it will ask few questions about rewrites etc.
    Running this as native bash script gives you more functions than .dep package !

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchirablog View Post
    Well this was not built by me but I think the original developer www.lnmp.org made this as native because there are lots of functions on this script like one click virtual host adding etc. its very easy to add rewrites for new virtual hosts just need to run ./vhost.sh and it will ask few questions about rewrites etc.
    Running this as native bash script gives you more functions than .dep package !
    I mean you can do all of this without having to build everything from source, unless you keep a good eye on things (which is probably unlikely - since they're using an 'auto' script) it will only make things harder to maintain in the long-run.

Quote Originally Posted by drspliff View Post
    I mean you can do all of this without having to build everything from source, unless you keep a good eye on things (which is probably unlikely - since they're using an 'auto' script) it will only make things harder to maintain in the long-run.
    Of course I agree its harder to maintain in long run. But this also applies to debian package system too there is possibility of breaking things on updating things. So nothing is simple when you want server running years!

mmm can we run this script on

CentOS + directadmin

and

CentOS+Cpanel ?

Quote Originally Posted by mixmox View Post
    mmm can we run this script on

CentOS + directadmin

and

CentOS+Cpanel ?
    You can run this on centos please refer http://www.ruchirablog.com/nginx-autoinstaller/

But not with cpanel or directadmin this script is designed to operate servers with bash prompt!

hi there.

I am facing problem in adding domain.

I am adding domain.

then I go to godady domain pannel and change the name server its now 1 week but still propogation has not finish.

do you know what can be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deepmob View Post
    hi there.

I am facing problem in adding domain.

I am adding domain.

then I go to godady domain pannel and change the name server its now 1 week but still propogation has not finish.

do you know what can be wrong.
    You have to add A records not Name servers http://www.ruchirablog.com/setup-dns-with-godaddy/

when I am restarting the lnmp i am getting this error

http://imagemate.info/image-E885_4D31171D.jpg

and when I am adding a domain then afer adding I am getting this error on the page

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/wwwroot/inc/config.php on line 5
    Could not connect

Too easy in Debian based system!
    But very useful for who don't want to know how it work...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast