Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* Don't buy gas if you don't need it

"Americans should be prudent in their use of energy during the course of the next few weeks. Don't buy gas if you don't need it," Bush said during a joint public appearance with former presidents George Bush and Bill Clinton.
    The "zero plan" solution of the Bush administration is adding insult to pain.

What we're seeing in New Orleans is only the beginning of a widespread social unrest that will change the face of America.

Re: Don't buy gas if you don't need it

Originally posted by RADiSTAR
    The "zero plan" solution of the Bush administration is adding insult to pain.

What we're seeing in New Orleans is only the beginning of a widespread social unrest that will change the face of America.
    What Bush does not under stand is if we do not need it we would not buy it. We buy it because we need it. I would not buy gas if I did not need it.

Well people are dumb if they buy gas when they dont need it. Of course no one is going to buy gas if they dont need it! Its $3+ a gallon!

You have to realize, there was emails circulating that stated there would be no gas the day after the hurricane. So, everyone sees the email and rushes out and fills up their tanks to full. Gas starts to run out.

Irony!

last I seen the prices (three days ago).. it was still at $2 (michigan)..

it already went up to $3.. I am going to take a walk now and see..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Anyone remembers John Titor ? his stuff is getting seriously frightenning now (not really but i like conspiracy theories)

Re: Re: Don't buy gas if you don't need it

Originally posted by Torith
    What Bush does not under stand is if we do not need it we would not buy it. We buy it because we need it. I would not buy gas if I did not need it.
    I wish someone said that to Bush face to face.

Re: Re: Don't buy gas if you don't need it

Originally posted by Torith
    What you don't understand is that Bush had his reasons for saying this. Bush also knew this would sound pretty silly to the common person.

I need it... I need to take my son to and from school.

I just tried to put gas in my car tonight, and was actually turned down, because stations around here are actually rationing gas. A lot of the gas the local stations here in Sarasota, actually comes from the Gulf area (LA, etc).

I'm right on E right now - I'm just hoping that I have enough gas to take my son to school tomorrow and then pick him up again in the afternoon...

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    I need it... I need to take my son to and from school.

I just tried to put gas in my car tonight, and was actually turned down, because stations around here are actually rationing gas. A lot of the gas the local stations here in Sarasota, actually comes from the Gulf area (LA, etc).

I'm right on E right now - I'm just hoping that I have enough gas to take my son to school tomorrow and then pick him up again in the afternoon...
    You know that could happen with all of America with rationing gas. I feel it will be a long time before anything gets close to "normal".

There are no further gasoline shipments to the southern state of Florida for two weeks as far as I've last heard..

//No idea who started the 'rumour' but it has literally resulted in every station within 15 miles of me having no gas.

"Sorry, Principal Sir, my son can't come to school all this week, as I don't have gas for my car...."

Buses don't run hear us - his school is 2 miles away... And there's no way I'm walking there (I can't really because of my bad back anyways)... yeah... my 5 and 2 year old in tow, on a busy stretch of road... That'll work.

Luckily, my husband rides his bike to work, so we don't have to pay any extra into gas...

Grrr...

Originally posted by David
    There are no further gasoline shipments to the southern state of Florida for two weeks as far as I've last heard..

//No idea who started the 'rumour' but it has literally resulted in every station within 15 miles of me having no gas.

Errr no gas for two weeks? That would mean people would have to close down shop and everything which means no pay which means kicked out of the house for no rent....

rockergrrl,

Yeah - it's going to be painful.
    And here I was supposed to fly out this weekd: Glad I did NOT book those flights in Ft. Lauderdale for this weekend.

//most people who work in the service industry won't have jobs to go to though, I mean whose going to walk 30 miles to the snook inn out on marco island?

///its over!

The governor here (North Carolina) asked people yesterday to be conservative with their gas usage because of a very possible supply problem here due to hurricane damage and pipelines that bring 90% of the gasoline here not working and no gas stations having gotten any new supplies since Sunday. This, of course, has resulted in everybody who has less than a full tank of gas lining up at the gas stations to fill up while they still can. I heard that Wal Mart was sold out of gas cans as well, so you could reasonably assume people are filling up some of those to have some saved up for later on as well. (Today we were told that some of the gas is starting to make it here now, and more will be soon as well, but that sort of news doesn't seem to travel quite so fast.)

Telling people not go buy gas unless they NEED it makes perfect sense to me. Just because you are down to 3/4 of a tank doesn't mean you need some more right now - unless you are afraid that when you're down to nearly empty there won't be any to buy...

I think the POINT is, please don't hoard the gas.

Originally posted by Blitz Inc
    Anyone remembers John Titor ? his stuff is getting seriously frightenning now (not really but i like conspiracy theories)
    Yeah, I remembered him too just a few minutes ago. Didn't he say there would be a civil war starting in the USA this year?

*Humming the theme song to the Twilight Zone... dee dee dee dee, dee dee dee dee... *

Originally posted by Hiccups
    The governor here (North Carolina) asked people yesterday to be conservative with their gas usage because of a very possible supply problem here due to hurricane damage and pipelines that bring 90% of the gasoline here not working and no gas stations having gotten any new supplies since Sunday. This, of course, has resulted in everybody who has less than a full tank of gas lining up at the gas stations to fill up while they still can. I heard that Wal Mart was sold out of gas cans as well, so you could reasonably assume people are filling up some of those to have some saved up for later on as well. (Today we were told that some of the gas is starting to make it here now, and more will be soon as well, but that sort of news doesn't seem to travel quite so fast.)

Telling people not go buy gas unless they NEED it makes perfect sense to me. Just because you are down to 3/4 of a tank doesn't mean you need some more right now - unless you are afraid that when you're down to nearly empty there won't be any to buy...

I think the POINT is, please don't hoard the gas.
    Exactly. It's time to come together and pitch in which means don't buy gas if you don't need it! Instead of mocking it follow the advice. The US is at war and now Katrina is making things worse. During WWII just about everything was rationed. It's not bad here in MN the only effects is that now it's 3.00 per gallon that's the price we have to pay it's nothing compared to the people in LA, MS, etc. Freedom isn't really free. Gas is still cheaper here then in other countries just that here everyone has 1-3 cars mostly trucks and SUV's.

I was able to get to the a gas station - I waited 30 minutes to "fill up". By the time I got to the pump, my car was sputtering since it was on the last swallow of gas in my tank. My "low fuel" light was flashing the whole time.

I wish I was able to fill up the tank, but unfortunately, I only had $10 for gas - so I was able to get 1/4 tank of gas. But at least I was able to get it out of low fuel (yay)

Originally posted by Hiccups
    Yeah, I remembered him too just a few minutes ago. Didn't he say there would be a civil war starting in the USA this year?
    He said in his timeline there was. It starts in 2005 and goes for 7 years.

Your prediction of (national politics) pending disintegration, beginning in three short years, is impossible.

Have you see the documentary on Waco? Just for argument's sake, what do you think would happen if information were discovered that confirmed the worst accusations made against the law enforcement officers there? Would you hope nothing?

I find this fascinating. Has California had the big earthquake?

The big one? As you are experiencing now, there are earthquakes, storms and other unfortunate surprises from Mother Nature that have impacts on your society and future history. That is one reason I won't go into detail. However, don't worry too much about major portions of coastline slipping under water.

Are the Olympics still being played in the future?

As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in 2040.

I went to the gas station to fill up the same day as the hurricane hit. At the station I normally go to, they were sold out. I went up to the 7-11 and paid 5¢ more than I normally did per gallon and when I got back from my friend's place the about 2 hours later, they were sold out too.

edit: woot, 1000!

My idea of buying a mini-scooter to drive around town is sounding better and better every day.

I remember John Titor. We need more proof.

I commute 14 miles to work every day, using Interstate 4 for the most part. There is no way I'd expose myself to aggressive drivers (most people drive in excess of 70 mph in the morning unless there is a traffic jam) by using a scooter or even motorcycle.

Well, luckily my dad works at home so that saves gas AND well..yeah.. thats all
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

RADiSTAR, I agree for the highway it would be crazy to get on a scooter. But for moving around in small towns it's not so bad.

I'd still rather have a small car like a Civic though.

I drive a 2003 Toyota Corolla - very efficient in mileage. Not an SUV fan. I saw a woman on TV in tears about how it cost her $87 to fill up the tank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast