Average Price of Web Hosting

I have seen US$1 web hosting , US$10 a year etc, wondering what is the average pricing of USA web hosting for say Windows and Linux? Is that US$1 the norm or is it the exception.

I would say around $15/mo from Local quality hosting.

I have seen some sites offering it as low as $0.25 per month.
    ^_^

US$15 that sounds reasonable, I was always scratching my head over the US$1 stuff, very hard to make profits....

$1USD per gb.
    To assume perfection is merely a display of ignorance.

It depends on what you are getting for that money (bandwidth and space mostly). You also have two different markets to look at, the hosts that price stuff cheap and the hosts that price things a bit higher but have a better chance to stick around and support you. One dollar a month I assume? If there is a host that is 1 dollar a year then I dont think they will be hosting for much longer. 10 dollars a year? I dont think they will be around much longer either. It takes a certain amount of money to host someone and less then a dollar a month does not cut it. People need to look at all of this again (Those asking for hosting that cheap), how much is the website worth to the person? Is it only worth 10 dollars a year? If it is then I am guessing they wont mind if it gets wiped out and you never see the web host again.

I also dont think the average is that cheap, I mean there are A Lot of really cheap hosts out there but it cannot average out that cheap.
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

US$ 1 is certianly an exception.....again it depends on the what your are getting....and how good and long are you going to get it....

Good Luck

Originally posted by HotLinkHost
    $1USD per gb.
    I think I am not getting you ..or maybe there was some typo
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Maybe I miss-understood your question but I answered with: An average cost for hosting services would be 1 US dollar per gigabyte of transfer.
    To assume perfection is merely a display of ignorance.

Well you could ask, what is the price of the average webhost? I'd have to say which class of webhost?

If your talking about the average price of the average webhost, I couldn't probably answer.

However, if you were asking the average price of outstanding webhosts - I might be able to come up with an answer, by looking around some here and asking some of the finer hosts represented here at WHT.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

maybe dan's www.whreviews.com is of some help for you... understanding the difference and importance of reputation
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

I think that $15 for a hosting account with 300MB of space and 5-8GB of bandwidth, which is more than enough for your noemal user, is a reasonable price, if the host is an actual business - not just a kid working out of his garage.

Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

It seems some WHT members consider the low price hosting offered
    in the Web Hosting Offers Forum as typical for the webhosting business

But it's very difficult to find so many cheap webhosting offers
    elsewhere on the internet and they are by sure not typical

around $10

best around $7, u can now find a lot/

I can say, all depends your requirements. You'll be able to find affordable web hosting for $4 from one reliable provider and $15 for the same services from other reliable provider.

Greetings:

1. WHT pricing only represents a small fraction of the overall market place.

2. There is close to 22,000 hosting providers in the U.S. alone; chances are high a lot of the are cheap to budget hosts.

We view the market for Linux business hosting as being $20 on up for shared; and Windows running the same or more (more often than not).

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile