Thread: question...

question...

Just wondering... just a question okay? I'm not going to advertise a free stuff here.

It is consider a spam if you post free stuff in Mainforum, for example, free host, no banner, pop-up whatsoever.

It can't be considered spam if you make no profit from it, can it?

From dictionary.com:

"To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups."

I'd include forums in there as well - I hate spam.

Perhaps in the ad area.

Lats...

Spam nonetheless. Not allowed.
    MattF - Since the start..

How do you define spam though? The reason I asked the question is because in my forum, sometimes people just pop up and post the url of their sites, sometimes some other sites.

I wanted to ban them but I didn't to be dictator either. Sometimes I found the site they *spam* has no profit, and useful also.

What if I put in every forums in WHT cnn.com and tell them to go to see because it's useful site, wouldn't that consider spam too?

See? It's again, depends on the post, IMO.

Actually, cnn bites .

The scenario you describe would be considered spam, because you would be posting the same link in multiple forums on this site, most of which would have no relevence to the link.

If, on the other hand, you posted a link to a story on CNN that was relative to a particular forum in that forum only, then it would not be spam.

If you are not sure what is spam you can always e-mail the moderators and ask, but I can assure you that board members around here, don't take kindly to people "posting a link and leaving", and people who post the same link in multiple forums tend to be mocked mercilessly.

Our general rule isn't spam exactly, it is self-promotion of your site (not allowed). If it is yours, then we ask that you either post it in the 4 free advertising forums, or email/PM directly. Posting your own URLs on the forum is not permitted, what I call board-spamming (not an actual definition anywhere, just my term).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken