Question Looking for email hosting and online storage. Is Rackspace the answer?

I have 5 domains that I'd like to setup email hosting and online storage for. Each domain only has one user and each user will need to access their email and files from several different personal computers.

I've been looking at a combination of Rackspace Email and Rackspace Cloud Drive. I like Rackspace Email since it can sync up email between multiple copies of Outlook and seems to play well with mobile devices; plus it's only $2/month. I was also looking at Rackspace Cloud Drive since it offers 10 GB of storage space per user at only $4/month (I don't want the storage pooled).

I looked into Google Apps but all the users will be using Outlook and getting email synced between computers using Outlook and Google Apps is a pain. Even if you get their Premier Edition the Outlook plugin leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyone have any other suggetions to Rackspace?

I am totally happy with RackSpace email. Rock solid. Very flexible. Been using it for a year or two. I use JungleDisk for remote backup and that is excellent too.

I looked long and hard for the right system and they have delighted. If they had Cpanel VPS I may have gone with them for that. But I went with ServInt and that was absolutely the right thing for me.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

We push some server backups to Rackspace with Duplicity and don't really have anything bad to say about them. Low price per GB and stable. Amazon S3 would be naturally another option, but haven't tried them out since Rackspace has been working flawlessly so far.
    Crandion LLC
    Quality software, quality service
    https://crandion.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    I am totally happy with RackSpace email. Rock solid. Very flexible. Been using it for a year or two. I use JungleDisk for remote backup and that is excellent too.

I looked long and hard for the right system and they have delighted. If they had Cpanel VPS I may have gone with them for that. But I went with ServInt and that was absolutely the right thing for me.
    Any reason why you went with JungleDisk and not Rackspace Cloud Drive (even though JungleDisk is owned by Rackspace)?

Quote Originally Posted by Crandion View Post
    We push some server backups to Rackspace with Duplicity and don't really have anything bad to say about them. Low price per GB and stable. Amazon S3 would be naturally another option, but haven't tried them out since Rackspace has been working flawlessly so far.
    I couldn't find any explanation to cloud files survivability. As we know, Amazon S3 come with this "Designed to provide 99.999999999% durability and 99.99% availability of objects over a given year.", and cheaper "Reduced Redundancy Storage" as well. -- http://aws.amazon.com/s3/

Is could files equivalent to Amazon S3 or RSS?
    Last edited by NelsonT; 12-08-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: corrections

Was long ago and I am not sure if there was a reason, if there was I forget. I think because JungleDisk was focused on one thing and was cheaper if I recall.
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us