Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Like everyone we are frustrated and embarassed to face our clients. We already lost 3 big clients.

I think we are beyond apologies and at this point financial compensation is needed. We shoud consider a class action lawsuit.

I am wondering if they should of done this move little by little instead of doing all the server at once.

Scott

Scott,

Again, I know it sounds like (propaganda) but you can still wield this situation to (hopefully) better your position with your clientele. You're going to need to be completely upfront & honest with them, e.g. 'We truly apologize, the provider we were currently utilizing was suddenly sold & things went sour. We're working as quickly as possible to ensure the situation is resolved but if the delays continue we're going to find an alternate solution to resolve this as promptly as possible.'

Seriously, don't lose your clientbase because of a navisite / alabanza fark up, I'm sure you've been working at it for years!

(p.s., this is why I've always been against Alabanza as a solution. Using their servers, control panel, network, ugh -- 100% proprietary essentially. You're screwed if there is ever a problem... and sure enough, you are)

They obviously have not prepared themselves at all for the migration. They've obviously left you in the dark as to what really went on. You are going to have horrible experiences with NaviSite from this point forward, get out while you can.

My domains are working now !!!!

Ok, some of my sites are finally starting to come up. PTL!

Here's my reseller's posting page:

christianwebhost.info

ke

I totally agree. Unfortunately this is the situation Alabanza clients are in right now.

Greetings:

Any updates?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kroytech View Post
    Ok, some of my sites are finally starting to come up. PTL!

Here's my reseller's posting page:

christianwebhost.info

ke
    That 1 doesn't work for me (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicnet View Post
    Greetings:

Any updates?

Thank you.
    Still Down, coming up to 64 hours of downtime, I think they are still trying to unpack all the servers. We have been told it could be another 24 hours before full service will be restored.

Theres a conference call you can join to ask, details are on thewhir.com blogs.

Article

I don't know if this will help others, but I've been forwarding an article at Data Center Knowledge to my clients. Just so they understand what I'm up against. They are a little more patient when they realize that this is completely out of my hands and beyond my control.

Doggone it, the board won't let me post the link. But Google Alabanza Navisite Problems and a link to the article should come up.

And misery does love company, they calm down a bit when they realize this disaster isn't happening to just them, but hundreds of thousands of others are in the same boat.

What a MESS!

*** Threads Merged and Moved to Outages.

Remind of the rules of this section:

This forum is provided to discuss current outage issues and to allow a way for customers and providers to communicate. Comments by non-customers will be removed. If you are not a current customer, there is no need for you to post. Reviews are only suitable in the appropriate main forum category.

Its so easy to claim that Navisite is moving to better environment...i think what happenned was cowboy attitude....do you think this guys will kick out the rotton apples or we will see repeat of the same thing for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by webhoster99 View Post
    I have been a reseller for years with Alabanza. Yes this downtime is longer than expected, yes NaviSite is aware and have hundreds of people working around the clock to fix it. Yes we are all frustrated. But let's not loose site of the fact that we are moving into an astronomically better environment in a world class data center vs. the dungeon in Baltimore that we were in. There is tremendous upside to this migration and I am more than willing to endure extended downtime in order to get the benefits that NaviSite offers. Have you sat on the calls? They are on it and working through all of the issues. I am confident that we will be back on line in a much better place than where we were. So you have two choices, sit back and let them get the servers up and running or continue to groan about your extended downtime. NaviSite has been more than forthcoming with their plan and where they are...you should be resetting expectations with your clients and reiterate the world class facility they are moving to.
    We are all in this together.

no-brainer question

I have a no-brainer question!

Why didn't they migrate few servers at a time using common sense approch!

Excuses - Excuses - Excuses - Excuses

Quote Originally Posted by mbodamer View Post
    as far as I understand it..... in the beginngin stages of saturday they started bringing servers up and at that point a DDOS attack crippled not only the alabanza servers that had been moved but also the entire navisite NOC which is a very big deal. this wasnt a small issue and it would have crippled any provider.

after that was resolved there seems to be some sort of internal routing/traffic issue that is being worked out. servers are physically on, some are accessible completely, some are accessible by IP only, and some are not accessible at all.... so there still seems to be a routing/dns issue somewhere.

as far as moving to another host... we as alabanza direct clients can move,sure.... but the data is on servers we cant get access to. so we are stuck to ride it out unless your particula host had independent backups, not many do since alabanza keeps backups for emergency.

you could presonally move your individual domain form your provider, however even if you did it right now, it would take hours for the name to propogate anyway. If you hae access to you domain registration account you can change your name servers to a new provider without having to reply to emails.... but again it will take hours anyway.

as bad as it sounds.... best course of action is to ride it out and work with your provider. they are really feeling things 1000X more then an indivual site owner... and i am sure they are as upset as you are.

lot of complains

They are least bothered by your complaints

Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    They must get a lot of complains by phone now

I have been with Albanza for almost ten years and have about 150 domains none of which are accessible yet and have been down for 55 hours.

I am certainly likely to move but most of the larger sites have things such as very active Forums which are impossible to keep backed up sufficiently so will have to stay around until something get back on-line.

Re: class action lawsuit

I am for it...so are thousands

Quote Originally Posted by dananoah View Post
    Like everyone we are frustrated and embarassed to face our clients. We already lost 3 big clients.

I think we are beyond apologies and at this point financial compensation is needed. We shoud consider a class action lawsuit.

I am wondering if they should of done this move little by little instead of doing all the server at once.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by jack69 View Post
    Its so easy to claim that Navisite is moving to better environment...i think what happenned was cowboy attitude....do you think this guys will kick out the rotton apples or we will see repeat of the same thing for years to come!
    Unfortunately Navisite has a long history of dubious financial manoevers which more than once has landed them in court.

Is it true that Hewlett-Packard Owns 15.5% Off the Navisite Company ?

I am in the UK so cannot join your class action but I understand we can take Navsite UK to the small claims courts which we will be investigating unless suitable compensation is offered.

Go For it

Go for it...its time somebody made a example of this guys

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmall View Post
    I am in the UK so cannot join your class action but I understand we can take Navsite UK to the small claims courts which we will be investigating unless suitable compensation is offered.

NaviSite.com has Albanza Migration Info

The latest info is on the Navisite website.
    I give them credit for handling this in an upfront manner.
    They've had stellar services and uptime for the past 10 YEARS! How many other managed server hosting companies can say that??

My domains where up for about 15 mins. Now they are back down....

Some Domains UP and some other still down.

Count on it. I am sure MOST hosts and resellers will at the very least be contacting legal representation regarding this fiasco. I have not seen any group class action suit announced as yet, but there will without a doubt be one eventually.

I`m not sure how that effects many of the hosts who are not in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Rdz View Post
    Some Domains UP and some other still down.
    All our Domains are still DOWN. Some of our sites were up for 15minutes, but slow as if they were under DDOS. Now they time out.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast